• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN048: A Close Call with Practically Pikachu!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eclipsical

NEXT TIME... A NEW BEGINNING!
Reaction score
From Dephender on Serebii:

Screenplay 赤尾でこ (Deko Akao)
Storyboard 樋口香里 (Kaori Higuchi)
Episode Director 葛西良信 (Yoshinobu Kasai)
Animation Director さとう沙名栄 (Samei Sato)
Animation Director 佐々木彩香 (Ayaka Sasaki)

This episode is going to feature guest appearances by the comedian duo Chidori.

Airs December 4th.

But we just had a Pikachu-centric episode a few months ago...and another shortly before it!

So unless the summary mentions something particularly interesting, I might sit this one out.

Not expecting much from this one to be frank. I appreciate Journeys trying to give Pikachu more development but so far the episodes he's had to himself this series situation have either been rather lacking (his origin story which wasn't really much of one until the end) or just dire dog sh*te (that episode... you know the one) with less than stellar execution to the point it's made me long for the days of Sun & Moon where we'd get Pikachu facing against Tapu-Koko or butting heads with Zeraora...

I doubt they'll pull the "Will Pikachu evolve?" stuff in this considering everyone and their grandmothers and grandfathers know it won't evolve so why bother drilling it down our throats when we already know that?

I actually thought the last Pikachu focused episode was pretty good, but if they try and pull another "will Pikachu evolve?!" stunt that's gonna be annoying. Once per series is plenty, thank you.

basically this ;_;
I typically enjoy Pikachu-focused episodes personally, but pleaaaase no more evolution stuff lol.

I guess we could give the episode the benefit of the doubt because it sounds like Pikachu struggling on a PWC battle or learning a move, but then there's the comedians cameo... :rolleyes:

I guess we could give the episode the benefit of the doubt because it sounds like Pikachu struggling on a PWC battle or learning a move, but then there's the comedians cameo... :rolleyes:

Though it turns out that the Show has had several comedian guest stars who were in episodes that weren't particularly comical.

For a series featuring all regions, they're given Kanto and its Pokemon way too much focus

Why can't they give the other regions and their Pokemon more focus, Galar, Unova, Hoenn for example

I don't know why you mention Hoenn, since that is the third most focused region, Kanto, Johto and Hoenn have the most episode. Hoenn gets only topped by Galar due to this arc. The only ones who can complain are Unova and Kalos. I don't count Alola, since that is the most recent saga and we don't need to visit it that often because of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom