• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S23 EP25: A Festival Reunion!

A pretty decent episode. On the one hand, I liked the meeting between Gou and Korrina's grandfather without the other initially knowing the connection, but at the same time I'm getting quickly bored of Gou going on a catching spree to simply give him something to do when Ash is the focus of an episode.

As for the battle itself that was the meat of the episode, it was pretty good. I was thanking the lords that Pikachu and Riolu took a backseat for such an important battle and that Gengar/Dragonite got to shine. I was half expecting Gengar to pull through given it's advantage over Fighting types but was impressed by Korrina knocking it out in one go. Dragonite having to overcome both Mienshao and Mega-Lucario was a real testament to its strength and how vicious it looks when fighting was awesome.

Side note, I completely forgot how much Korrina's dub voice grates on my nerves. That was somewhat painful to get through the episode. :cry:

Side note, I completely forgot how much Korrina's dub voice grates on my nerves. That was somewhat painful to get through the episode.
Funny thing is, I noticed the pitch is a little more higher than before so now I can't hear anything else but her Amy Rose.

Nice to finally see an older character return in the dub! Even if they aren't my favorite characters, I appreciate any and all continuity, and this one in particular was well done. Korrina and Gurkinn both sounded pretty good. I also forgot just how much spotlight Dragonite got this episode! Really loved that.

Still wish this had been a two parter as a lot of it felt rushed, and it would've been nice to see Korrina and Gurkinn for more than one episode.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom