• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Sinnoh routes are not even more linear compared to the Galar routes. Except for the Wild Area, of course. But one can be easily implemented for Sinnoh, as well.

Is it silly to be excited for the return of Pokemarts? I've never really been happy with pokemon centers and poke marts being combined into one building.

See I'm the opposite in that I liked when they combined the Pokmarts and Pokemon Centers into one because now I can just heal up and buy stuff in one go.

The Great Marsh would be the better alternative for a place to replace.

I'm not sure if I would like the Great Marsh replaced for a generic big area with lots of species.

The charm of the Great Marsh is not the fact that it is initially a big place with species in it, but the exact pool of species, imo.

There's plenty of big areas/roads in Sinnoh to turn into Wild Areas.

But if IoA/CT are taken into consideration, we might get it for every road (unless they keep it for Gen9).

Personally, I doubt that any of the regular Sinnoh areas will be given the Wild Area treatment, especially if it would mean sharing the same programming architecture wherein open-world areas are also Internet hubs where you can see other online players running around in your world. Granted, there may not be anything binding GF to that (and I kinda hope there isn't, because in truth I would love to see a more freeform Distortion World), but it's something worth considering, at least - I feel like it would be kinda weird and random to have that "multiplayer" (I use the term loosely) aspect in smaller places like the Great Marsh. Amity Square could get away with it, but...

Overall, I still think SwSh's interpretation of open-world mechanics is blatantly most appropriate for the Sinnoh Underground, where that sort of connectivity function already kind of existed in the originals. But I also think the Underground would need a lot of work to make it more interesting. (Yesterday evening I was thinking about how they might adapt the mining minigame - maybe changing it to work with motion controls?)

I'm not sure if I would like the Great Marsh replaced for a generic big area with lots of species.

The charm of the Great Marsh is not the fact that it is initially a big place with species in it, but the exact pool of species, imo.
I was saying that because, well, Safari Zones are dying and like others I hate getting trapped in the mud.

I could really see Pal Park being converted into a Wild Area. The way it seamlessly transitions between several different kinds of environments like woods, beaches, mountains, etc. is really similar to the wild areas in Galar.

Plus, the fact that Pal Park is used to catch Pokémon from other generations would be a good reason to use it for the same thing in remakes, just without any need for transferring.

Last edited:
I could really see Pal Park being converted into a Wild Area. The way it seamlessly transitions between several different kinds of environments like woods, beaches, mountains, etc. is really similar to the wild areas in Galar.

Plus, the fact that Pal Park is used to catch Pokémon from other generations would be a good reason to use it for the same thing in remakes, just without any need for transferring.

Might as well convert the Pal Park into a Wild Area since the Pal Park is not needed at this day and age.

Wouldn't it make more sense to convert Pal Park into GO Park, though?

That and it'd fit more in line with what Pal Park was about instead of a Wild Area. The feature doesn't necessarily have to just be in LG-style games.

I also feel like this is part of why they made GO > Home the way it is, so they can use the GO Park feature as a selling point for later games.

That and it'd fit more in line with what Pal Park was about instead of a Wild Area. The feature doesn't necessarily have to just be in LG-style games.

I also feel like this is part of why they made GO > Home the way it is, so they can use the GO Park feature as a selling point for later games.
Why tho? You can just use Home to put the mons in your game.

I’m pretty sure Go Park was a Let’s Go-only thing. I doubt they would provide players with a way to circumvent the need to transfer to Home from Go first when they seem pretty keen on “charging” for it currently. LGPE was also very clearly meant to tie-into GO as a whole.

Why tho? You can just use Home to put the mons in your game.

Because it could easily take over a year or more to transfer your collection out of GO. LGPE's still better for transferring over Kanto Pokemon/Meltan because it won't take up the energy costs.

I’m pretty sure Go Park was a Let’s Go-only thing. I doubt they would provide players with a way to circumvent the need to transfer to Home from Go first when they seem pretty keen on “charging” for it currently. LGPE was also very clearly meant to tie-into GO as a whole.

I'd say it really just depends on if GO > Home is profitable enough for them in the future. As I already said, LGPE's still the better option to transfer over Kanto stuff. And it still would make more sense thematically than *just* a Wild Area would imo.

Maybe they could combine both aspects of Wild Area and GO Park into Pal Park? Have it be an open-world area featuring all the areas within Pal Park, and you're able to transfer at least 50-100 or so Pokemon per area.

I'd just personally like a way to transfer non-Gen 1 stuff without having to wait over a year to get all my Shinies over to the main series.

EDIT: Might also be worth noting that GO Pokemon sent over via LGPE lack the GO/Dex restriction in SwSh/future games, while everything sent through Home do have that restriction

Last edited:
I don't think GameFreak would try to intentionally hurt the profits of Niantic like that.

Because it could easily take over a year or more to transfer your collection out of GO. LGPE's still better for transferring over Kanto Pokemon/Meltan because it won't take up the energy costs.
The fact that it would be easy to transfer Pokémon from GO to the Pal-GO Park is exactly why I don't think that's going to happen. Look at how costly it is to transfer 'mons from GO to HOME, especially legendaries and/or shinys. Why create a free alternative when you can charge impatient GO players instead, people who already outspend what people have spent on the core series, and can lower the price if it is too costly to be profitable?

And it still would make more sense thematically than *just* a Wild Area would imo.
I would disagree with this, personally. It’s definitely subjective, mind you, but I would argue that a Wild Area is more thematically in-line with Gen 8 concepts while a Go Park more-so aligns with LG.
If what you mean is that Pal Park is an area with special rules that a Wild Area wouldn’t really have, I’d point to the Hoenn Safari Zone’s overhaul as a precedent for them retconning certain areas to simply being a new place to explore rather than a mini-game.

Honestly they should just forget about the Pal Park and devote the time and resources to something more important. Personally, I'd replace the Park with a generic house where NPCs trade you regional variants, and call it a day.

(Fun fact: Aside from Darumaka, Yamask, and Stunfisk for obvious reasons, every Pokémon that currently has a regional form can be found in Sinnoh through some method or another.)

Last edited:
Yes. That too. It seems to me that the Pokemarts can be only found in regions that are based on Japan.

That's an interesting observation. I wonder whether Pokemon Centres and Poke Marts were merged partly to show how people do things differently in Unova, because it's a long way away from the other regions? Or maybe it's a coincidence. I think Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh will always have Poke Marts, even in remakes, because removing them would leave an empty space in the layout of each town.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom