• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Great Expectations Mafia

HD: 1
Poy: 2
Mido: 3
RC: 2
Why is Mido still the leading wagon? Would anyone on the Mido wagon like Mido provide on reason they're voting her aside from "gud player, must be conspirator"? I really don't want to lynch someone pursly on those grounds, and I'm sure you can think of something at least a little better.

(I realize this post probably won't be seen by EoD by I'm still going to try.)
Mido may have posted now but she hasn't said anything to make me think she's town, my theory may still prove to be correct so I see no reason to change my course of action.

Unvote: Poyzin
Vote: Rainbow Cloud

I'm going to bed (or saying I am and then actually not who knows), Day ends in five hours, I'd like to lynch someone who there's at least some basis for lynching so I'm tying the votes. The whole "lynch strong players because they're probably Conspirators" play makes less and less sense the more I think about it. Especially since he seems to be in agreement with the fact that if they were picked as Conspirators, the person playing the General probably didn't put much thought into it. Also throwing shade at Space (for extremely flimsy reasons) and Piko (for somewhat maybe plausible reasons) felt at least mildly OMGUS-y. And again I really don't want to lynch Mido for no actual reason.
There's not much basis for lynching me either other than you don't like my theory about the general picking stronger players, it's easy to paint me as the villain right now because I offer the best prospect for a counter wagon.

Mido may have posted now but she hasn't said anything to make me think she's town, my theory may still prove to be correct so I see no reason to change my course of action.
The thread has basically been just “let’s lynch experienced players” so what am I supposed to say? Dawning has been one of the few providing alternatives.

Its day 1 with a unique setup. How is anyone supposed to prove themselves town without claiming? And there are only two town roles so it’s not like I have a claim to save myself either.

The thread has basically been just “let’s lynch experienced players” so what am I supposed to say? Dawning has been one of the few providing alternatives.

Its day 1 with a unique setup. How is anyone supposed to prove themselves town without claiming? And there are only two town roles so it’s not like I have a claim to save myself either.
There's little else to go on at the moment, in the time that's left the only place I could meaningfully switch my vote is to Poyzin and although he's kind of just sheeped me so far, I'm not convinced that's out of the ordinary for them. I would support a vote on Piko as I'm not liking that he hasn't responded since he was mentioned and quoted in reference to my OMGUS vote on HD that never was as he often goes for the inactive game as scum, however the numbers aren't there and if I switch my vote to him then I get lynched.

Actually it ejds in 8 hours
I fail timezones forever.

There's not much basis for lynching me either other than you don't like my theory about the general picking stronger players, it's easy to paint me as the villain right now because I offer the best prospect for a counter wagon.
I see a lot more of a valid case on you than that I see on you then I see on Mido.

I see a lot more of a valid case on you than that I see on you then I see on Mido.
I disagree, I think I've been more open with my reasoning behind my vote even if not everyone agrees with it and I have looked at other players too. The case on me seems to involve a lot of tunnelling, I'm scum for suggesting the General may choose a stronger player for their scum team, I'm scum for suspecting people who are sheeping me, I'm scum for suspecting Space for throwing shade without really backing it up, I'm scum for question why Piko is voting for me for an OMGUS vote I never even made.

I don’t think Rainbow Cloud is scum here at all. 8 hours have passed since DekuNut’s post though, so it’s too late to save Rainbow Cloud.

The case on me seems to involve a lot of tunnelling, I'm scum for suggesting the General may choose a stronger player for their scum team, I'm scum for suspecting people who are sheeping me, I'm scum for suspecting Space for throwing shade without really backing it up, I'm scum for question why Piko is voting for me for an OMGUS vote I never even made.
-I don't like that you're sticking to it despite admitting that it would be a bad play for the General. You are insisting that the General made what's known to be an obviously ineffective choice, that most people could probably realize is ineffective. There is no reason for this.
-I agree with the suspecting the people who are sheeping you, at least a bit, but also I'm fairly sure with Tood and Poyzin sheeping is normal enough for them.
-That is not what you said when you threw shade at Space before. Just said that her "random vote becoming a solid suspicion" was sketchy. And it really wasn't.
-Yeah, Piko's post is weird. And he hasn't come back to clarify. But also it's right next to you throwing shade at Space for very bad reasoning, and at the time they were the only two people voting you. Very weak shade-casting at someone voting you is guaranteed to seem OMGUS-y. If paired with plausible shade-casting but it's over something that's likely a mistake, then it seems even more so.

I don’t think Rainbow Cloud is scum here at all. 8 hours have passed since DekuNut’s post though, so it’s too late to save Rainbow Cloud.
Technically the RNG can still save him (but kill Mido baselessly), but meh. I mainly just think it's a better case than the one on Mido and that I'd rather have RC get lynched than her basically randomly (I realize it's not random, but with no real case it effectively is).

I've never understood this concept. While I get that Poyzin's just bandwagon without giving any thoughts on anything at all, I feel like 3rd voters are perfectly capable of being town.

it being a 3rd vote for no reason made it suspicious - I agree they can be definitely be town, but in context here it's suspicious

Why do you not think so?

I'm kind of lost. Where in the rules does anything about confirming and all that show up? Because apparently Pikochu can't be a general or something based on when he confirmed?

I'm kind of lost. Where in the rules does anything about confirming and all that show up? Because apparently Pikochu can't be a general or something based on when he confirmed?
There isn't anything about confirming in the rules. The reason that Piko supposedly definitely isn't the general is because the General likely wouldn't have been told in their role PM to confirm because nobody else would have received roles yet, and thus the General probably wouldn't have confirmed first.

There isn't anything about confirming in the rules. The reason that Piko supposedly definitely isn't the general is because the General likely wouldn't have been told in their role PM to confirm because nobody else would have received roles yet, and thus the General probably wouldn't have confirmed first.

I see, thanks

@HumanDawn dont think youre around anymore but I'll ask anyway. you liked DawningWinds post, could you explain why Rainbow Cloud isnt scum?

Rainbow Cloud would know I’m not scum and that his preposition could incriminate him from a Town flip on me, or even Midorikawa. I don’t see him putting attention to himself like that so early on instead of letting the chips fall where they may. If he wanted to do a more strategic and less attention seeking move as Mafia, he would let me mislynch somebody first and then call me out on it to incriminate me and get me lynched. I’m very argumentative, so he would have more against me to try to turn the tide.

DawningWinds seems to just be nitpicking on Rainbow Cloud for trying to work out the most he can on Day 1 from what little there is. Nothing exactly scum-indicative - meanwhile Poyzin hasn’t been around since his vote on me and hasn’t confirmed either in the previous thread.

Sorry guys. I got gome from work multiple hours late last night, and mafia was kinda the furthest thing from my mind at that point.

VOTE COUNT
Poyzin (1): HumanDawn
RainbowCloud (3): Space, Pikochu, DawningWinds
HumanDawn (1): Poyzin
Midorikawa (3): RainbowCloud, Pinwheel, Tood
Not Voting (1): Midorikawa

The doors firmly locked, the arguments had already gone by the time the guards returned. Everyone was suspicious of everyone else, even longtime friends pointing fingers at one another.
The noise in the chamber was deafening, but at once two people fell to the floor, beaten down by the others: Midorikawa and Rainbow Cloud.
The prince looked between them. Both had been loyal advisors who had served him for many years. He could hardly believe that one or both of them may have been traitors - though he didnt want to believe that anyone in this room was.
Taking a deep breath, he looked at Midorikawa, "How could you do this to me"?
Mido stared the prince straight in the eye, "You are..... weak. Your inability to control your people and your court has weakened our nation. It is for the best of all.
The prince scoffed, "Have him hanged," he rattled flatly, "We will not have imposters among us."
The guards nodded and grabbed Mido, who did not fight back, or even speak, until the rope had been placed around their neck.
"You will understand, I hope. Someday."
CRACK
Midorikawa has died.
They were a traitor.

DAY TWO BEGINS
Day Two ends st 5pm PT on Sunday 22 November 2020.

THE LIVING
1. @DawningWinds
2. @Poyzin
3. @HumanDawn
4. @Pikochu
5. @Rainbow Cloud
6. @Pinwheel
7. @Tood
8. @Space

THE DEAD
Midorikawa, a Traitor, Lynched Day One

Cool. It seems like Rainbow Cloud was right there - so who would pick Midorikawa?

Mido could have saved herself there but she didn’t?

Any ideas on who I should pick to have their alignment revealed Day 4?

Yeah I'm gonna be honest, I've reread the setup a few times bu I'm still kinda lost lol

so we have to lynch someone, I guess I'll also random vote...?

also why is Day 1 in a separate thread?

To me, the vote on HumanDawn just sounds more like a OMGUS vote to the point where HD actually has to come out with a claim. Doesn't automatically clear HD just on the basis on the claim alone but at least it's something that we can go off of.
Unvote: Poyzin

I'm going to bed (or saying I am and then actually not who knows), Day ends in five hours, I'd like to lynch someone who there's at least some basis for lynching so I'm tying the votes. The whole "lynch strong players because they're probably Conspirators" play makes less and less sense the more I think about it. Especially since he seems to be in agreement with the fact that if they were picked as Conspirators, the person playing the General probably didn't put much thought into it. Also throwing shade at Space (for extremely flimsy reasons) and Piko (for somewhat maybe plausible reasons) felt at least mildly OMGUS-y. And again I really don't want to lynch Mido for no actual reason.

out of all these votes space’s is pretty mhmhmm because she was around at least and didn’t unvote

also @DawningWinds was the one against basing votes around confirmation time, while midorikawa was the latest confirminer

Awesome, it seems that we got lucky with the first lynch being mafia. I'm not sure that we can really get anything from the votals aside from the players that vote for Mido are less likely to be Mafia on the pure fact that there's a less likely chance they would bus that early.

Not to throw shade at HumanDawn, the fact that HumanDawn so far is contributing most to the game to the point where he is leading the game does raise some concerns for me as we may have a scum leader. It's not indicative of anything but it does mean that we need more diversity of thought.

So far, base on the ISO and the vote reasoning, Dawning looks the worst just on the basis "I don't want a lynch for no reason" and boom, there's a flip. However, that would go either way. Honestly, I don't see a scum hiding amongst the votes on RC and what not and it's more likely on the other players.

Not to throw shade at HumanDawn, the fact that HumanDawn so far is contributing most to the game to the point where he is leading the game does raise some concerns for me as we may have a scum leader. It's not indicative of anything but it does mean that we need more diversity of thought.

If I had my way we would have lynched Poyzin. Yeah we need more thoughts - I think the last scum is in Poyzin/Space/DawningWinds right now

Vote: Poyzin

Back
Top Bottom