• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN048: A Close Call with Practically Pikachu!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well on one hand this sounds a lot better than it being strictly a Pikachu centered Episode.

On the other, we've haven't even seen Lucario and Cinderace yet but I'm already getting tired of these two being shoved down my throat. They're getting focus next episode, the MewTwo Episode, and now this. That's almost 3 Episodes back to back.

I get that they wanna showcase these two as much as possible but I like to see some focus on the other members of Ash's Team

We're getting a freaking SKWOVET Episode before we G. Farfetch'd gets anything sigh...

And yet people are somehow convinced that Lucario is going to take a backseat for other members of Ash's Team? Lol

Sounds like a classic filler episode, which isn't especially exciting. I can see Mecha-Pikachu being funny though.

We are getting two straight episodes where the Rockets are an important part of it.

Not that I'm complaining.

Still with the gatcha arround I tend to roll my eyes..

Looking at PlayerKing95's edits on Bulbapedia, this episode will see Ash and Goh visit Unova which will be interesting
Truly incredible how the episodes are still boring (This episode sounds boring) in Unova, even when the series isn’t even based in it.

So they made an episode for selling more Lucario & Cinderace plushies, but choose the title to be about Pikachu instead?

ntipykqjpyl227boqdr5-740x412.jpg

But I'm really glad it's happening in Unova. Looking forward to background cameos and underused Pokémon like summer Deerling.

Oh. Well, this is entirely different than what I was expecting. But still...not particularly excited for this one. I'm not usually the biggest fan of episodes where Pokémon are wandering a city by themselves.

Maybe we'll at least get some unique Unova features? And actually feel like we're in another region? Please?

So it looks like Lucario and Cinderace are an official duo/best buds. Those two are together not just for the DD but for Mewtwo and the upcoming Unova episode. Go figure

InB4 we get another Jealousy Episode where Sobble gets jelly of Lucario stealing his big brother away! XD

You mark my words. With Cindy and Lulu becoming new Partners, and with Cindy's Personality change upon evolution, Cindy and Sobble will grow further apart from each other.

Pikachu and Yamper were only the beginning!
The Jealousy curse will strike again!
Mwuhahahahahaha!
(I'm just joking lol)

tfbEjK2.jpg

You can look forward to lots of comedy episodes in the near future as well!!
Lots of Pokémon will be running wild in the upcoming episodes we'll be showing as well! Make note of these hilarious comedy episodes coming out of the left field!!
Almost Pikachu Crisis!
*Top blurb: Here's the Rocket Gang's treasured mech, called "Almost Pikachu"?!
*Bottom blurb: This treasured mech looks just like Pikachu. What happens when they try swapping it for the real Pikachu...?!

Summary by Dephender

That robot Pikachu wants my soul.

View attachment 137771
You can look forward to lots of comedy episodes in the near future as well!!
Lots of Pokémon will be running wild in the upcoming episodes we'll be showing as well! Make note of these hilarious comedy episodes coming out of the left field!!
More laid-back slice of life episodes in the future would be great. Just do it outside Kanto next time.

Wish granted I guess. That being said, I hope future ones don't just focus on Lucario/Cinderace together. I do think Journeys actually needs better filler episodes to help balance out the screentime between characters/pokemon and help with the worldbuilding/world tour aspects. Another (hopefully) solid TR appearance is always welcome in my eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom