• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What video games are you playing now?

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild has been taking up most of my playing time recently, as I alluded to last week. Finally up past 60 shrines completed, and I've done a lot more exploring on the western side of the map. I'm gearing up to take on the Goron's Divine Beast sometime soon, perhaps after I get another Heart Container.

I've preordered Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity and will be playing that on Friday.

Animal Crossing- New Horizons. The trees are pretty, and I'm collecting maple leaves.

Looking forward to the new update.

Xenoblade Chronicles DE - Future Connected: Now that I've completed the main game, I've started on the Future Connected extra story. It's pretty nice though I am a little bummed out that a couple features from the main game aren't in this. I do really like Nene and Kino though, they're adorable. I'm still fairly into the beginning of this.

Dragon Quest 4 (DS): I've been alternating between picking this up and dropping it this year, but now that I've finished XC1's main game I'm gonna try and continue playing it again. It's a good game, I've just been struggling a lot with the Leon de Marquis and Baalzack bosses. But now thar I've beat them both I feel motivated to play again. Currently collecting the Zenithan equipment.

Roller Coaster Tycoon (PC): Been playing a mix of RCT1 and 2 with their expansions. I got a fan mod that makes them more playable on modern systems, so I've been really enjoying it so far.

Super Mario Odyssey - I've hit over 720 Power Moons without buying any shop duplicates, and hope to get the rest of them.

The Game Boy Color Pokemon TCG - I'm somehow in a nostalgic mood, and am trying to make creative decks that aren't to overpowered against the CPU's.

Still playing Trials of Mana (Switch), though only in small bursts as I still haven't quite gotten my gaming groove back on track yet after getting zapped by the elections (which the drama it's causing is STILL going on!). I've got the full party of Kevin, Angela, and Riesz. I'm just pass the dual boss battle with the magic golems that the Altanian mages summoned on Stonesplit Gap's bridge. I was hoping to get a perfect (as in no damage dealt to my character in the whole battle) as that increases your EXP gain, but I got sucker punched at the very last second by the second magic golem's missiles just moments before Riesz stunned it. It only did 9 points of damage, but that screwed up my no-damage attempt (which, as I've gotten it before, would've added 300 extra EXP to my score, which would've been enough to get Kevin and Riesz to Level Up twice in that one battle, though Angela managed to do just that regardless), and since it was at the tail end of the battle I just had to accept it lest I start the whole battle (and the small segment prior) all over again. So, now I'm back in Maia and heading to Bon Voyage's to use his cannon and start the next leg of the quest: Dwarf Tunnel, which will lead to the Earth Elemental, Gnome, and the Jewel Eater boss. Would play more but the Switch Lite needs recharging, so that's the end for now.

Stardew Valley - Spring 1, Year 1
First day on Buckland Farm - and well, there's a lot to do [Getting used to playing on PC is going to be a trial]. Cleared a basic field in the morning, with enough space for 15 parsnip plots. Added some mixed seeds that turned up in the course of the weed clearance, as well as 9 potatoes after a trip to the general store.

Nothing much productive to do in the afternoon, with energy more or less depleted after that work. Spent a little time wandering around Pelican Town, introducing myself to some of the villagers. The women of the town seem friendly enough - which is less than can be said for Shane (No, you don't know me. That's the point of what we call 'introductions'). And who was that red-head sitting on the bench in the evening?

Stardew Valley. I'm going to court Maru in my newest file. Collecting materials for a coop.

Stardew Valley - Tuesday 2 Spring , Year 1
Spent the morning clearing a path southwards to the pond. Unearthed a geode along the way. Headed into town and met Clint - the geode turned out to be some granite. Well, that went to the museum. Afterwards, down to the beach and got a fishing rod from Willy.

Spent a little time exploring the valley in the afternoon. Met Leah tending her crops in her garden. Found Fairhaven Farm just south of the river. It is not impressive

Stardew Valley - Wednesday 3rd Spring, Year 1
Rain in the air today, leaving most of the day free. Spent some time exploring the woods south of the farm and generally getting an idea of the lie of the land. Met Penny outside the library and gave her a dandelion I happened to find along the way. The mines aren't open yet, apparently, so in the evening I dropped into the pub to make a few introductions.

Thursday 4th Spring, Year 1
Time to put some money in the bank, so most of the day spend fishing in the river. Not a fantastic haul, but it'll be enough to help pay for the next round of seeds when I harvest the parsnips.

Friday 5th Spring, Year 1
First harvest! The parsnips are ready, so out of the ground they come. Added five bean poles in their place, not a lot by any standards, but I want some money to accumulate as I work towards getting a backpack. Got a strange letter this morning - apparently someone called Susan is stuck up in the mountains thanks to Joja Corp.

It's been an eventful day. Met some stand-offish woman named Clair on the way into town. Mayor Lewis showed me around the old community centre, which I'll have to come back up to at some point. After getting the bean poles in the ground I headed over to the mines to find Marlon there with a rusty sword for me. Mining turned up three geodes and some assorted wood. We'll see tomorrow whether that will result in money in the bank. Went to the pub after work, where I met a couple more people and said hi to Leah.

Saturday 6th Spring, Year 1
More rubbish from JojaMart in the mail today. Clint dropped round to drop off blueprints for a furnace. More incentive to mine copper ore and get started in some tool upgrades. The geodes turned out to be of middling value. Took a look at JojaMart on the way - apparently the manager "held a meeting about me", whatever that means.

Like a fool I forgot to pick up my sword before going mining, so wasted a lot of energy dealing with a slime at the point of a pickaxe. Managed to find a decent amount of copper ore nevertheless.

Sunday 7th Spring, Year 1
Today marks one week of Buckland Farm being in business again! The first potato harvest has come in - it's unremarkable, but it's money in the bank. Replanted another 12 potatoes to keep the plot going. Letter from Rasmodius the Wizard this morning. He is an odd fellow, and I didn't much relish drinking potions at eight o'clock in the morning, but at least I can see Junimos now, and potentially get to work on the Community Centre. Tempted at this point to forget about a bigger backpack and for now put money away for the Summer planting.

Some good fortune in town this morning. Met Haley and Sophia on the way to the blacksmith, which means I've introduced myself to everyone in town now. The last geode turned out to be nothing but rock - can't win 'em all.

Went fishing at the beach this afternoon, to keep some money coming in [So much easier with a gamepad - thanks @prog rocker]. It seems that fishing gives the most cash for the effort at the moment. Sea fishing brought up a lot of sardines and herring, and a halibut after the sun set. Some bait came up with one of the herring, which will be useful at some point.

Stardew Valley - Monday 8th Spring, Year 1
Headed south to the river this morning to do some fishing - ran into Andy at Fairhaven Farm, extolling the virtues of Joja brand fertiliser. He promised to send me some strawberry seeds in the mail, which is going to be a real help. Mental note to do something nice for him. Afterwards, called in at the vinyard and ended up having a chat with Sophia. Mental note: do something nice for Sophia in exchange for the sprinkler.

Did some river fishing before heading into town, some sea fishing after that. It seems that sea fishing is more likely to bring in higher profits at this point.

Tuesday 9th Spring, Year 1
A fairly uneventful day. Had a good day's fishing at the beach, followed by a bit of forestry around the town, felling some trees on the east side of the farmhouse. I'm going to need more wood for chests, for one thing, and sap to make fertiliser. My chest is getting a little full - I think it's time to take some items to the Community Centre to free up some space.

Wednesday 10th Spring, Year 1
A rainy day, so a chance to go mining. Not a bad trip - managed to find three quartz and plenty of copper

Thursday 11th Spring, Year 1
Andy turned up this morning to warn me about crows, for some reason. Apparently Robin managed to lose her axe somewhere in Cindersap Forest. I didn't manage to find it, but I did find 7 dandelions, thank god. I've been running out of little gifts, and with this I could also finish the Spring Forage bundle at the Community Centre. But what's with all the discarded wine bottles and cans?

Friday 12th Spring, Year 1
Marnie decided to dump a cat on me - I've named it Cersei, which seems appropriate. Found the axe this morning, and dropped in to see Sophia at the vineyard before heading to the museum with a handful of minerals. Mayor Lewis showed me the landslide up in the mountains as I returned Robin's axe.

Somehow I've ended up with a lot more seeds than I ever intended - 30 assorted spring seeds from the Community Centre rewards, plus 9 cauliflower seeds from the museum rewards. I think I may need some more copper ore in anticipation of the next rainy day. If things carry on like this I'll need a better watering can.

Saturday 13th Spring, Year 1
The day of the Egg Festival, and a morning of work. Second potato harvest (And given the rest of my crops I don't think I'll replant that plot), plus a couple of vegetables from mixed seeds planted ad hoc. It's a good haul. Two best quality tatties and a best quality cauli means a nice big boost to the profits. That'll serve as the savings for the Summer planting, I think.

Bought 5 strawberry seeds at the festival anyway, to plant in a ring around the sprinkler.

Back
Top Bottom