• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Masters Pokémon Masters General Discussion Thread

I don't have Nate :(

And Blue is maxed out. I've done his sync grid. If I had enough things I'd make him 6*ex but I don't.

I don't really recommend pulling Nate for this event either. it's that he gets a boost that he's good but otherwise he's apretty mediocre/awkward unit that has no use after this.

At Blue, same-ish. I did his sync grid and I got him at 2/5 but best I'm able to reach is around 2:40 something with a bit of RNG.

I don't really recommend pulling Nate for this event either. it's that he gets a boost that he's good but otherwise he's apretty mediocre/awkward unit that has no use after this.

At Blue, same-ish. I did his sync grid and I got him at 2/5 but best I'm able to reach is around 2:40 something with a bit of RNG.
It just sucks cuz Blue is the best flying pair but they go and spam struggle bug and light screen. And Kahili sucks. I think my best time is like 2:35 or something.

Also, I don't like this event. It takes so much time to get to each reward because you have to actually do the level each time. Skip tickets have spoiled me.

It just sucks cuz Blue is the best flying pair but they go and spam struggle bug and light screen. And Kahili sucks. I think my best time is like 2:35 or something.

Also, I don't like this event. It takes so much time to get to each reward because you have to actually do the level each time. Skip tickets have spoiled me.

Yeah, the problem is DeNa. DeNa is infamous for pretending to be 'generous' just to pull a hook and sinker and making it so you are forced to pull. Like, early event of this you think "OH I can do this with Blue." Until you hit later stages and realize, "I might need Nate".

But Nate is otherwise an awkward unit so you'd just pull him for this.

Same with releasing other units. I got Alder at 1/5 and he's fine but... he needs a lot of support to help him out, where as at 3/5 he starts really picking up stand-alone.

Tl;Dr: The choices in the game are made to give you the impression that they're F2P friendly but they slowly force you to pull on banners.

And seeing how many banners we get in a row compared to the small amount of gems you get... It's literally impossible to get the necessary units to at least 3/5 (Cause let's be fair, at 3/5 only most units start getting good. The only units that come to mind that are already good at 1/5 are Sygna Leaf and Sygna Red).

I don't know if this helps, but most people who got under 2:00 used Blue and Skyla, though I do believe both are usually at 3/5.

Unfortunately for me, I don't have Blue while Skyla is at 2/5, so I can't really do much rn.

I don't know if this helps, but most people who got under 2:00 used Blue and Skyla, though I do believe both are usually at 3/5.

Unfortunately for me, I don't have Blue while Skyla is at 2/5, so I can't really do much rn.

I mean, I have Blue at 2/5 and gridded and Skyla at 4/5 and gridded and I don't even make it.

(This could also tell you something about my skill level but I tried every possible strategy and I really can't get underneath 2:00)

I mean, I have Blue at 2/5 and gridded and Skyla at 4/5 and gridded and I don't even make it.
I guess at the end of the day it comes down to luck, whether you get that MP Gauge to work or get the crit at the right time. I haven't tried it myself so I guess I can't say much either :\.

I guess at the end of the day it comes down to luck, whether you get that MP Gauge to work or get the crit at the right time. I haven't tried it myself so I guess I can't say much either :\.
I've actually got Skyla maxed out as well. Blue is at 3/5 and Skyla is 1/5. Is there a way you're doing it? Cuz it feels like I'm spending the first minute just setting up and that seems like a waste.

Edit: after rereading it seems you said "people who get under 2" implying that you yourself may not have. But either way, if you've got advice, I'll take it!

I've actually got Skyla maxed out as well. Blue is at 3/5 and Skyla is 1/5. Is there a way you're doing it? Cuz it feels like I'm spending the first minute just setting up and that seems like a waste.

Edit: after rereading it seems you said "people who get under 2" implying that you yourself may not have. But either way, if you've got advice, I'll take it!

What I've gathered is to basically put all your golden eggs in Blue's basket.

Buff Blue using his own buffs, don't do anything else. Make sure they target Blue so he can evade (Apparently when they miss they take longer to attack after) and click Air Cutter and your Sync Move and nothing else. (Other than Potion from Skyla to heal up Blue.)

What I've gathered is to basically put all your golden eggs in Blue's basket.

Buff Blue using his own buffs, don't do anything else. Make sure they target Blue so he can evade (Apparently when they miss they take longer to attack after) and click Air Cutter and your Sync Move and nothing else. (Other than Potion from Skyla to heal up Blue.)
Thank you for your advice. I'll definitely try out some things now.

For the time trial, you don't need Nate at all. To be honest, you don't even need Blue if you have some other powerful units but Blue does make things a lot easier. It's not the most F2P friendly event we've gotten but I don't think it's bad. I like that it requires a different strategy than usual.
I used a team of 1/5 SS Elesa, 2/5 Blue (not EX) and 3/5 Skyla. I reset the battle until I got multiple Breathtaking! MPR and basically tried to buff up and sync with Blue as soon as possible so I could start spamming Hurricane immediately. I only use Blue once he's buffed up, but one time I used Skyla's sync to attack the Vileplume on the side because it has very high special defence and Skyla's sync deals physical damage.

On another note, there are very strong hints that
N
will be released in December! The hints are so strong, it's almost confirmed. I'm very excited because he's my favourite human character after Champion Steven. December 20th is when DeNA will reveal the new sync pair. I saved gems expecting something good for Christmas so I'm getting him even if I have to resort to pity points. :LOL:

Last edited:
Yeah, please keep your gems.

Gloria as a unit is really mediocre and not worth it unless cool points and we're getting reruns of
The Sygna Kanto trio
with massive hints of
N
like @KrisiChiki said.

Roll smart, not a lot.

Should the voice acting be implement in the mainline games, there is a going to be a huge problem. How are the NPCs are going to say our names and the nicknames of our Pokemon?

Last edited:
Should the voice acting be implement in the mainline games, there is a going to be a huge problem. How are the NPCs are going to say our names and the nicknames of our Pokemom?
They don't need to. Most games that have voice acting and allow you to pick your name have workarounds around that (giving you a last name, a blank, etc). In the case of Pokémon, they can just say the species name and leave the nickname for the subtitles.

They don't need to. Most games that have voice acting and allow you to pick your name have workarounds around that (giving you a last name, a blank, etc). In the case of Pokémon, they can just say the species name and leave the nickname for the subtitles.

In fact, they usually adress you with just 'him', 'he', 'you', all that. They do adress the player character, just by anything else than their name.

Unless they give you a universal nickname you can't change that they can adress you by, it'll likely be the same. (Three Houses managed to do it by everyone naming Byleth 'Teacher'/'Sensei'.)

Then why in "Trainer Voice-Over" when you change the volume, you'd hear a voice saying "Time for some research." or "We're up!". This is probably going to happen in a later update just like Team Rocket. Maybe it's suppose to be some sort of surprise like TR voices. They probably were unsure on which characters to voice them and no Anime counterpart character actor voiced their original role. And Red and Blue are more older than 10 yrs. So it sounds weird for Sarah Natochenny and Carter Cathcart to voice characters that have different names from their Anime counterparts?

Also, I was thinking. If we raise a sync pair to increase 5 stars. Will they get a rare chance when we scout? Is there a better way to reach 400 scout points?

Then why in "Trainer Voice-Over" when you change the volume, you'd hear a voice saying "Time for some research." or "We're up!". This is probably going to happen in a later update just like Team Rocket. Maybe it's suppose to be some sort of surprise like TR voices. They probably were unsure on which characters to voice them and no Anime counterpart character actor voiced their original role. And Red and Blue are more older than 10 yrs. So it sounds weird for Sarah Natochenny and Carter Cathcart to voice characters that have different names from their Anime counterparts?

Also, I was thinking. If we raise a sync pair to increase 5 stars. Will they get a rare chance when we scout? Is there a better way to reach 400 scout points?

Don't roll on every banner and splurge all you have into one banner.

There's no other way.

Now about the voices? Why decide to have voices on Team Rocket?

Why wouldn't they. All the characters are voiced.

Back
Top Bottom