• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Great Expectations Mafia

Cool. It seems like Rainbow Cloud was right there - so who would pick Midorikawa?
Unless they picked Mido randomly and we ended up being right for the wrong reasons, seems more case. My thoughts for who'd pick Mido are Space, Piko, Tood and DawningWings. They're all reasonably experienced players in TWR and have played with Mido before and know why she would be a good choice. I don't really know that much about Poysin or Pinwheel or how much they know about Mido.

Mido could have saved herself there but she didn’t?
Yeah, not really sure why she didn't vote for me, whether she though it might not look good when I flipped and was hoping for me to get lynched without her vote. I did think Mido wasn't as aggressive as I expected she would be when defending herself which kind of made lean more she might be scum and holding back.

Any ideas on who I should pick to have their alignment revealed Day 4?
Maybe one of Pinwheel, Poysin or Space, as it's harder to read the alignment of unfamiliar or less active players and although Space is neither of these two I think she's quite hard to read overall.

out of all these votes space’s is pretty mhmhmm because she was around at least and didn’t unvote
Yeah, the initial random vote seemed ok but the post that followed where she threw some shade on me kind of felt like they were reading something into my post that wasn't there, in my post where I voted for you I put forward the theory the General may choose the stronger players as in you and Mido and then voted for you. I then unvoted you in my next post after you made your claim as un-CC'd your claim looked good and then voted Mido instead as applied to her I felt the theory could still have some merit but Space read this as me saying it could still be you when I took my vote off which wasn't the case.

it really depends on who is the general though. I think it's suspicious of you to state this while unvoting Human - like you're still implying he should get voted but you're not going to vote him yourself.

Tood gave a reason for voting which made sense - Poyzin on the other hand, the 3rd vote, is suspicious to me.
Overall I don't think this is a good reason for leaving the vote on me though her further post later in the phase where she questioned why HD was reading me as town does suggest she was still seeing me as suspicious.

I don't think the point about Tood giving a reason for voting is a good one though as he just agreed with me and said it's better than a random shot in the dark, how is that reason better than the one I gave?

I do think Poysin's 3rd vote on HD is suspicious given how quickly they piled on the wagon and gave no reason as well as the OMGUS aspect of it though I do have to question if Tood's 3rd vote on the Mido wagon is much better given Space was kind of defensive of him earlier as he just sheeped me again when I changed my vote, whereas Pinwheel outlined their reasoning?

The only way I see this maybe backfiring is that if Pinwheel is the general and isn't aware of who the stronger players might be, but the odds of that are pretty low, so :wynaut:

It's better than a random shot in the dark, I guess.

Vote: HumanDawn

Unvote: HumanDawn

Vote: Midorikawa
If there was any bussing on Mido's wagon, Tood could be a candidate as he just put that vote on there when wagon was gaining traction and there wasn't much in the way of counter wagons at the time.

also @DawningWinds was the one against basing votes around confirmation time, while midorikawa was the latest confirminer
They were also very much against voting for Mido on the theory the General would choose the stronger players but on the other side I'm not sure Dawning as her scumbuddy would want to go as far as they did in defending Mido or as aggressive in going after me knowing either flip would end up reflecting badly on them.

Awesome, it seems that we got lucky with the first lynch being mafia. I'm not sure that we can really get anything from the votals aside from the players that vote for Mido are less likely to be Mafia on the pure fact that there's a less likely chance they would bus that early.

Not to throw shade at HumanDawn, the fact that HumanDawn so far is contributing most to the game to the point where he is leading the game does raise some concerns for me as we may have a scum leader. It's not indicative of anything but it does mean that we need more diversity of thought.

So far, base on the ISO and the vote reasoning, Dawning looks the worst just on the basis "I don't want a lynch for no reason" and boom, there's a flip. However, that would go either way. Honestly, I don't see a scum hiding amongst the votes on RC and what not and it's more likely on the other players.
Although HD is kind of leading I think myself and DawningWings have been fairly involved in the game too so far, is there something that makes you suspect HD could be a scum leader or are not sure about his claim?

Also you didn't answer the questions about your vote earlier?

If I had my way we would have lynched Poyzin. Yeah we need more thoughts - I think the last scum is in Poyzin/Space/DawningWinds right now
There are two scum left.

also @DawningWinds was the one against basing votes around confirmation time, while midorikawa was the latest confirminer
Actually, it was me. :p
Anyway, the Traitors or whatever the General's cronies are called probably would've received their role PMs at roughly the same time as everyone else.
I was against it because I didn't see it accomplishing anything.

Not to throw shade at HumanDawn, the fact that HumanDawn so far is contributing most to the game to the point where he is leading the game does raise some concerns for me as we may have a scum leader. It's not indicative of anything but it does mean that we need more diversity of thought.
You think he could scum leader despite being uncounterclaimed as a role that we know is in the game, and is only in the game once? More diversity of thought would absolutely be good, but that's just because having eceryone's thoughts is good in general.

They were also very much against voting for Mido on the theory the General would choose the stronger players but on the other side I'm not sure Dawning as her scumbuddy would want to go as far as they did in defending Mido or as aggressive in going after me knowing either flip would end up reflecting badly on them.
If you'd like to compare Hollywood Mafia, you'll see that I bussed chib as soon as I saw someone voting him. What you won't see, unfortunately, is that I would've liked to have been the second vote. It's not a perfect comparison, because chib was a beginner, but it literally the only comparison in existence for "Dawning when scummate is being attacked".

RainbowCloud (3): Space, Pikochu, DawningWinds
Midorikawa (3): RainbowCloud, Pinwheel, Tood
Not Voting (1): Midorikawa
?
I don't know if this means that scum has a plan, but it's weirding me out that Mido didn't save herself here

If there was any bussing on Mido's wagon, Tood could be a candidate as he just put that vote on there when wagon was gaining traction and there wasn't much in the way of counter wagons at the time.
Bussing just seems like a really bad idea in a game where a white flag mechanic is in play, since a second scum being lynched after the first would lead to scum losing outright or scum losing their only killing role, both of which seem like really bad options in this game

I really don't see why you would consider scum!HD at this point? He's had a claim up for most of the game that has gone uncountered, so I don't see why this would even be a concern? He's basically 100% clear by this point, as is Dawning if he isn't counterclaimed

I also (still) don't get the OMGUS reasoning behind your RC vote on day 1

Actually, it was me. :p
And by this I mean the latest confirmer.

?
I don't know if this means that scum has a plan, but it's weirding me out that Mido didn't save herself here
She could've thought voting on the mislynch wagon so late in the day would look bad on her, and hoped the rng would save her. Or maybe she didn't realize I tied the votes. But yeah, it is weird.

Also I think "Traitor" is actually a name for the Mafia team as a whole and roles don't flip, because the General's partners are called Conspirators, meaning there's a 1/3 chance Mido was the General. @DekuNut Can you clarify as to what "Traitor" means?

Please stop pinging me in the middle of the night this is the second time this phase.

Vote: Poyzin
Kinda also considering RC or maybe Tood, but I can see RC's logic from a town perspective, even if I really don't agree with it. Poyzin's one singular post contains no thought whatsoever and is just sheeping. (Tood's two posts are also just sheeping but at least she gives something in the first one.)
Not really thinking RC might be scum anymore because I doubt he'd be willing to start a wagon on a powerful scumbuddy so early in the day.

Not really considering Tood much anymore either but slightly.

Same reason for voting Poyzin as before.

Just woke up and am still really tired so that's it for now can possible do a better post once I wake up properly.

Can see the reason on Poyzin with the 3rd vote on HD's wagon without reason and nothing from them since but I'm always kind of cautious with voting for players who have been completely inactive. I'm also not particularly keen that Space and Piko seem to be around now and again but are not really responding to questions and avoiding contribution.

May later switch my vote for Poyzin but for now I'm putting mine on @Space

Vote: Space

Ronniego - The guy I replaced, I copied the list in the OP instead of the current one. Obviously I'm confirmed town to myself. And uncounterclaimed Prince.
Midorikawa
Poyzin - See post 88.
HumanDawn - He claimed Loyalist early and has been uncounterclaimed.
Pikochu - Still no explanation on his first post. Keeps saying HD might be scum but won't explain. :/
Rainbow Cloud - See post 88.
Pinwheel - You know, it's really easy to forget he even exists in the first place. I'm just gonna leave him uncoloured because I got nothing.
Tood - See post 88.
Space - I'm looking at her posts and I'm not really seeing what's so scummy about her RC vote. She hasn't posted Day 2 and I would like her to, but I don't really lean one way or another with her.

havent been on, sorry

out of all these votes space’s is pretty mhmhmm because she was around at least and didn’t unvote

still don't see the case for rainbow cloud

Can see the reason on Poyzin with the 3rd vote on HD's wagon without reason and nothing from them since but I'm always kind of cautious with voting for players who have been completely inactive. I'm also not particularly keen that Space and Piko seem to be around now and again but are not really responding to questions and avoiding contribution.

May later switch my vote for Poyzin but for now I'm putting mine on @Space

Vote: Space

haven't been online.

What questions have been raised? genuinely don't see them.

still don't see the case for rainbow cloud
The case for me being town or scum?

What questions have been raised? genuinely don't see them.
My previous post where I quoted you, same for @Pikochu too.

Also, what are your thoughts on Mido's flip and the other players in the game?

So far, base on the ISO and the vote reasoning, Dawning looks the worst just on the basis "I don't want a lynch for no reason" and boom, there's a flip. However, that would go either way. Honestly, I don't see a scum hiding amongst the votes on RC and what not and it's more likely on the other players.

If it's not indicative of anything, why say it? Also don't get what you're saying with DawningWinds. Just because he didn't see a basis for a lynch and there was a scum flip is coincidental.

The case for me being town or scum?

My previous post where I quoted you, same for @Pikochu too.

Also, what are your thoughts on Mido's flip and the other players in the game?

For being town. I don't see you completely as scum anymore considering the Midorikawa flip, but the previous phase I saw no reason for it.

The Midorikawa flip I see as a very lucky hit. Didn't see the case against her, but it was a good thing others were voting her. I see you, HumanDawn, and DawningWinds as town. Neutral on Tood but leaning town given that Tood could have unvoted Midorikawa (or not voted her at all) as the last vote on her. Any of the rest I can see being scum, though there's little evidence against them, except for Pikochu.

I don't think the point about Tood giving a reason for voting is a good one though as he just agreed with me and said it's better than a random shot in the dark, how is that reason better than the one I gave?

this quote? it's not essentially a better reason. I didn't have an issue with your reason, it was the subtle suspicion raised on HumanDawn while not committing.

Vote: Pikochu

this quote? it's not essentially a better reason. I didn't have an issue with your reason, it was the subtle suspicion raised on HumanDawn while not committing.

Vote: Pikochu
Yeah, though as mentioned before I was meaning there was still suspicion on Mido, not HD, was satisfied with his un CC'd claim, same for Dawning's claim now too.

There's also this one too:
Rainbow Cloud said:
I do think Poysin's 3rd vote on HD is suspicious given how quickly they piled on the wagon and gave no reason as well as the OMGUS aspect of it though I do have to question if Tood's 3rd vote on the Mido wagon is much better given Space was kind of defensive of him earlier as he just sheeped me again when I changed my vote, whereas Pinwheel outlined their reasoning?

One thing that is still kind of bothering me though is where you seemed to have be quite defensive of Tood you also both seem to be leaning the same way towards Piko at the moment. I don't think Piko looks good by any means with avoiding questions about his day 1 vote and the suspicion he raised about HD being a scum leader which doesn't seem to add up with HD's claim but I still have doubts about you and Tood too.

I'm pretty much torn between voting for Piko and Poyzin right now but going to opt for Poyzin as I don't don't think we're going to be able to answer the questions about them any other way.

Unvote: Space
Vote: Poyzin

VOTE COUNT
Poyzin (3): HumanDawn; DawningWinds; Rainbow Cloud
Pikochu (1): Space

@Pinwheel has requested a replacement.

After the success of the previous death, the people became somewhat more cautious for the second traitor. They began to explore the castle, snooping into the sleeping quarters of some of their fellow advisors.
Towards the end of the day, one of those advisors was before the prince, holding a note, "I found it hidden within Poyzin's posessions," they explained to their regal majesty, "It seems our traitor has been found.""
The note was a simple sheet of paper, folded neatly within a pair of stockings.
Your assassination attempt has not gone completely unnoticed. Watch your back.
"Bring him forth."
And so they did, the coterie presenting the sheepish Poyzin to the prince.
"What do you have to say to explain yourself?" the prince asked.
"Nothing, but for the reminder of my years of servitude."
The prince considered it, but thought back to the more numerous years provided by Midorikawa.
"I do not wish to see this wretch alive again," the prince demanded, his trust and pride damaged from the betrayals, "Off with his head."
The sentence was carried out, and his head rolled on the floor before them all. And yet, none felt safer. They knew. They had the wrong person.

POYZIN HAS BEEN KILLED
He was a Courtier.

DAY THREE BEGINS
Day Three ends at 11pm PDT on Tuesday 24 October 2020.

THE LIVING
1. @DawningWinds
2. @HumanDawn
3. @Pikochu
4. @Rainbow Cloud
5. @Pinwheel - Replacement requested
6. @Tood
7. @Space

Back
Top Bottom