• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN048: A Close Call with Practically Pikachu!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one who feels that "Approximate Pikachu" may not be as accurate of a translation as it could be?
It's "accurate" in that ほぼほぼ is the colloquial form of 略 meaning "roughly or approximately" but I understand what you mean in that it's clunky as all get out when you try to use "Approximate Pikachu" in a sentence. The dub will likely use a less literal but more natural sounding alternative. :unsure:

Unfortunately they probably won't go for the golden opportunity to call it "Fakechu" or something. :ROFLMAO:

View: https://youtu.be/yAdOBK9eo_c

Here guys have some screenshots from a tiny preview clip of the Episode.

Looks like Cinderace and Lucario are going to be stuck together like glue.

Aaand they're getting their butts kicked by a Sawk and Throh
IMG_20201124_003101.jpg
IMG_20201124_003103.jpg
IMG_20201124_003105.jpg

Kinda reminds me of that one Naruto Episode where Naruto and Sasuke get their hands stuck together in a similar fashion.

Are we going to get queerbaiting from Cinderace and Lucario as well? XD

Imagine if this took place in Kanto lol. I'll honestly take any reason to get out of there at this point.

Last edited:

No no NOOOOOO. The fanarts that are going to come after this. MY EYES.

I guess that Troh and Sawk are the gatcha mons?

So let me get this straight. We can get two guest cast to dub Pokémon voices? And we cannot get Mewtwo for another episode or atleast a one hour special?

Bah.

New information courtesy of Dephender at Serebii

As mentioned, this week's episode of Pokenchi will be promoting this episode, with Chidori being this week's guests and the episode focusing on the dubbing session for their anime guest roles.

Here's the preview, with some clips from this episode showing the Pokémon Chidori play:

It's Chidori's first appearance on Pokénchi! We provide a complete report of their dubbing session!
Abareru-kun trades pokémon with a Pokénd that wants to do manzai with him!
Today's battle is a super extravagant dream match! It's a storm of legendary Pokémon that appear one after each other in raid battles!

Summary:
We provide a complete report of Chidori's first ever voice acting recording session for the "Pocket Monsters" anime! And their voice actor senior Abareru-kun has something to say?! It's time for a super extravagant dream match: A multi battle featuring nothing but legendary Pokémon! What kind of battle is a showdown between persistence and persistence?! It's Shokotan & Rinka-chan VS Hyadain & Abareru-kun, which Pokémon does each pair send out?! We also get an online trade challenge with Pokénds?! What happens when a Pokénd wants to do manzai with Abareru-kun? And how does the match with the Pokénd that issued an energetic challenge go?!

Cast:

Shoko Nakagawa
Hyadain
Abareru-kun
Rinka Otani
Guests: Chidori (Daigo and Nobu)

View: https://youtu.be/yAdOBK9eo_c

Here guys have some screenshots from a tiny preview clip of the Episode.

Looks like Cinderace and Lucario are going to be stuck together like glue.

Aaand they're getting their butts kicked by a Sawk and Throh
View attachment 137796View attachment 137797View attachment 137798

Kinda reminds me of that one Naruto Episode where Naruto and Sasuke get their hands stuck together in a similar fashion.

Bert and Ernie be like: Get out our turf, you furries.

Summary and Cast lists courtesy of Adamant

Satoshi and Go have come to the Isshu region, where Aceburn and Lucario fall victim to the Rocket Gang's nasty plot involving Pikachu... Where will the road take these two?

Summary:
Satoshi and Go are visiting Hiun City in the Isshu region. However, the Rocket Gang secretly got there before them, preparing to get Pikachu by swapping it for their mech "Almost Pikachu", which looks just like Pikachu. But Aceburn and Lucario see this happen and chase after the Rocket Gang. Where will the road take these two?

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Daiki Yamashita: Go
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Megumi Hayashibara: Musashi
Shinichiro Miki: Kojiro
Inuko Inuyama: Nyarth
Yuji Ueda: Sonansu
Daigo (from Chidori): Dageki
Nobu (from Chidori): Nageki
Daisuke Namikawa: Lucario
Kenyu Horiuchi: Narration

Whaddya know. The eating contest filler actually ties into this filler. Two connected back-to-back fillers? That's rare!

Why do you say so? Was the price of the eating competition a trip to Unova or something like that?

By the way I hope that Troh and Sawk are wild Pokémon or something. I would hate Team Rocket use those Pokémon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom