• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Create your own Max Raid Event

Kallyle

Starwalker Neo
Reaction score
We have a thread for the current Max Raid events, but I'd like to talk about potential ones you would personally like to see. In other words, what Max Raid Event would you personally want implemented if it was up to you? What Pokémon or special items would you include in this event? Deos your Max Raid Event have a specific theme, or does it mainly revolve around a specific Pokémon/item?

As for me, I'd have a theme of trap-related Pokémon like Galarian Stunfisk, Turtonator, Sandygast and Palossand, Shellder and Cloyster, and the Ghastly line (mainly G-Max Gengar due to its dex entry). In addition, you would have items that deal with punishing contact moves against the item's holder such as Rocky Helmets and Sticky Barbs as raid rewards.

I’d quite like an event themed on the trees - mainly to reward more apricorns but the rarer berries would make good rewards too. Have the Pokémon those that will attack when you shake the trees - Skwovey, Greedent, cherrim perhaps with Greedend having a decent shiny chance like the Magikarp and Wailord ones we’ve already had.

Cramorant Run Rampant

Boosted species are Cramorant (with small chance of guaranteed Shiny), HA-guaranteed Arrokuda, and G-Max Pikachu; items are stuff that's good for use in the Cram-O-Matic. The Shiny Cramorant gives out a Gold Bottle Cap and Apricorn/Special Balls outright.

I'm ignoring Dexit and Crown Tundra leaks for these.

NameFeaturingCommonRareSpecial rewards
Clash of the TitansG-Max MelmetalG-Max Duraludon, G-Max Toxtricity, G-Max Snorlax, G-Max Centiskorch, MeltanN/AN/A
Ash's PokemonPikachu (World Cap)Tauros, Muk, Gliscor, Krookodile, NoivernShiny NoctowlIdeas?
ExtraterrestialDeoxysBeheeyem, Solrock, Lunatone, Clefable, MiniorN/AStar Piece
Fire & WaterVolcanionDreadnaw, Turtonator, Carracosta, TorkoalN/AFire Stone, Water Stone
PurrfectionN/APerserker, Persian, G-Max Meowth, Liepard, Purugly, DelcattyShiny PerserkerDestiny Knot
Who let the dogs outN/ABoltund, Stoutland, Manectric, Arcanine, LycanrocShiny BoltundPoke-toy
Marsh MadnessKeldeo?Seismitoad, Politoed, Poliwrath, Gastrodon, Carnivine, LudicoloN/ABlack Sludge
Energy EvolutionPorygon-ZPorygon2, Electivire, Magmortar, Rhyperior, ScizorShiny PorygonTrade evolution items
Climate WarsCastformPelipper, Abomasnow, NinetalesShiny CastformWeather items
HalloweenGourgeistChandelure, Dusknoir, Trevenant, Mismagius, G-Max GengarShiny Gourgeist, Shiny ChandelureRare Candy, Exp Candy XL

I don't think this is likely to happen, sadly, but imagine if they did an event for Pride Month. It could focus on Ho-oh, the Rainbow Pokémon, or Eevee and its evolutions (plus Gigantamax Eevee) to symbolize freedom of expression.
They could do like Disney did at first and just let people get their own conclusions.

Settle it in Smash!
Boosted species are G-Max Pikachu, G-Max Charizard, Incineroar, Lucario, and Jigglypuff.

This has a lot of potential - especially as there is also Ivysaur and Squirtle as standards you include and Mewtwo as a potential Legendary inclusion.

there are also two very interesting possibilities to promote this raid event -

1. patch in the Greninja line and make a big deal of Greninja’s inclusion

2. cross promotion with a Smash Bros spirit board event

Jurassic Showdown!
All four of the Fossil Pokemon that have been discovered in the Galar region: Dracozolt, Arctozolt, Dracovish, and Arctovish, inhabit the Dens! Normally, you'd have to combine two fossils with the help of a humble scientist near Stow-on-Side in order to complete such prehistoric Pokemon, but now, Trainers have a chance to capture these ancient Pokemon with any Poke Ball they desire! We also have some special info from the scientist who discovered these four prehistoric Pokemon:
"Hm? Oh, oh, yes. Well, one day I, the award-winning Cara Liss, was trying to brew some coffee with my machi-I-I mean was checking out some DNA samples from the ancient, mysterious Pokemon that I've brought to life, uh-huh.... But, it was as soon as some most unfortunate case of bad weather struck that some of the Pokemon that I've resurrected went..... DASH!! Like, y'know, suddenly they've managed to become faster and angrier from feelin' the dust storm or something, huh.... I was so stunned by the feats of such ancient Pokemon that like, that I had to aband-AHEM, I mean, they immediately took advantage of the situation and escaped into the Wild Area, and so, yeah. Well, what the famed and glorious Cara Liss is trying to say, huh, is some of those ancient Pokemon might have a
different ability than you expect. Better check on that, huh."
...And there you have it!

Last edited:
Cramorant Run Rampant

Boosted species are Cramorant (with small chance of guaranteed Shiny), HA-guaranteed Arrokuda, and G-Max Pikachu; items are stuff that's good for use in the Cram-O-Matic. The Shiny Cramorant gives out a Gold Bottle Cap and Apricorn/Special Balls outright.

tbh if the apriball production rates are boosted in the cram-o-matic, this would end up being a super solid idea (not saying it's not as it is but cram-o-matic is unfortunately kinda underwhelming)

I have a lot of ideas
-Trade evolution. Especially those that need items or specific conditions (like the Karrablast and Shelmet situation) so stuff like Aromatisse, Slurpuff, Trevenant etc.
-Fossils, including the Galar dex ones but maybe future fossils returning (when and if they do return)
-Starters! especially since they are hard to come by because you only get one of them in the game anyway
-Evolution stone pokémon, with their respectives stones as prizes.
-Alola forms (now that there's quite a bit of them in the game)
-Apricorn-ball themes. So things like Clefairy, Jigglypuff, Munna for Moon Ball; Snorlax, Steelix, etc for Heavy Ball etc. and the prizes can include said balls.
-Regions. So a bunch of Kanto pokémon, followed by Johto pokémon, then Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, Kalos etc.
-Mythicals or Legendaries-if certain conditions are met in real life, like the Zeraora event.
-Champions or other important trainers. Like a Cynthia-themed event could include things like Togekiss, Garchomp, Roserade, Gastrodon etc. Red could have Kanto starters, Pikachu, Eevee...
-Hidden abilities: having a 100% chance of the pokémon in the raid having its HA
-Increased shiny odds. There's been a couple of this but let us have a few more of them

Well, Halloween's coming up, so there's definitely going to be a Halloween related one with Ghost types. Maybe Pumpkaboo, G-Max Gengar, Trevenant, Mimikyu, Runerigus, and Chandelure, with the rare chance of getting a shiny Pumpkaboo.

i just thought of a good one:

New Years Festival
To celebrate the upcoming new year, we'd be getting Blacephalon, Delibird, Ludicolo, G-Max Rillaboom, G-Max Toxtricity (Low-Key), G-Max Toxtricity (Amped), and Obstagoon. To explain my choices:
  1. Blacephalon's fireworks themes should be obvious; fireworks are an important of of New Years, after all!
  2. Delibird references the fact that New Years is part of the Holiday season along with Chrismas, Hanukkah, and a couple of other similar holidays present around the winter months.
  3. The G-Max starters not yet been distributed through a promoted Max Raid event. In addition, there's the fact that Rillaboom, both Low Key and Amped Toxtricity forms, and Obstgoons are part of a band in Galar known as the Maximizers. This is important because they are present in the infamous SwSh credits sequence (the one with the accidental cursor showing up). What better way to end the New Year in the Galar games than with the Pokémon present in the game's end sequence?

Also, I'd like to congratulate two of the users in this thread, @Shib and @Bolt Strike, for predicting both the Halloween and Berry Tree-themed Max Raid events!

I thought of a simple, but nice one: International Octopus Day

As said, it's simple as the Dynamax event focuses on Clobbopus and Octozooka.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom