• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Holiday Bonanza 2020 - Endgame

Endgame

Wonder of wonder, and truly a miracle of miracles on this night.
As the day dawns, it turns out that everything is going to be alright.
The game has concluded, and the Heroes have emerged victorious.
And the post-game celebrations will be hearty, lively, and glorious.

In the darkness of night, eggnog suddenly appeared at Jinjo’s door.
After a copious amount of drinking, she will not kill anyone anymore.
For, alas, in a cruel and truly hilarious twist of fate, most ironic,
She offed herself, thus ridding the game of all who were demonic.

And so, with the final notes of Amy Grant’s song fading in the distance,
TWR can return to its holiday celebrations and peaceful coexistence.
The Heroes had managed to win, in spite of the many initial setbacks.
Now, the game is over, so we can all sit back, have a drink, and relax.

Jinjo couldn't sing in key and was eliminated.
Dear Jinjo,

You are the song Emmanuel, God With Us by Amy Grant.

We dim the light
We stoke the fire

We breathe the evergreen
Young ones wait
While the old ones make up
Tales of how it used to be

China dolls
Candy corn
Painted wooden toys
Treasures found
To the wondrous sound
Of carolling the savior
Born to us on christmas morn

Emmanuel, God with us
Emmanuel!
Emmanuel, God with us
The son of israel

And still he calls
Through the night
Beyond the days of old
A voice of peace
To the weary ones
Who struggle with the human soul

All of us
Travellers
Through a given time
Who can know
What tomorrow holds?
But over the horizon
Surely you and I will find

Emmanuel, God with us
Emmanuel!
Emmanuel, God with us
The son of israel

And the years they come
And the years they go
Though we may forget somehow
That the child once born in bethlehem
Is still among us now

(emmanuel....)

(emmanuel, God with us
The son of israel.)

Emmanuel, God with us, (emmanuel.)
Emmanuel! (emmanuel.)
Emmanuel, God with us, (emmanuel.)
The son of israel. (israel.)
The son of israel

The son of is...israel. (son of israel.)

08ztdqVKund1GLoZo1LRIiJh5ovDn9zw8EWPbT9lPbsTRfjgo3RmrjnetgyxArlFEbvgHr2dqzRJAjhQTXuCde_ogXob_GYc0othVcsert4GdlMQ3JlspagMRaVtnewOd8gI0xFze2U

Because you’re a song about peace, God and reflecting on the past, you are a Godfather & Role Cop and will be able to discover the role of the player you target by using your Night Action when you say Reflect on [Player]’s past during the Night Phase in your Role PM.
As a Godfather you also show up as Town aligned in investigation checks made on you.

Your fellow Seasonal Scoundrels member is Max1996, and you share the responsibility of killing players at night, use Kill [Player]’s Holiday Spirit in the Mafia Chat to do so.

You are Seasonal Scoundrels (Mafia) and win when all threats to you have been wiped out or nothing can stop this from happening.

This character was submitted by jamiebearcub.

They were the Godfather rolecop allied with Mafia.

And now, all that remains to do is this game’s final wrap up and roll call.
There are still a few players that are alive, and I shall mention them all.
Starting with DawningWinds, truly the Town’s most valuable player.
For it was his eggnog that was the end of the game’s final evil slayer.

The King of Halloween Town has returned to the Holiday Mafia games.
To make up for his previous performance, when he went down in flames.
Instead of presents, this specter delivers horror, terror and lots of fright.
As it turned out, that was just what the Heroes needed this past night.

DawningWinds couldn't wait to share the story of their epic end of the year party on Facebook. They've won the game.
Dear DawningWinds,

You are Jack Skellington from The Nightmare Before Christmas.

HnZqNRvwc1ghLOjZj1uY6qekzwy4uoaGDYkzd4oHiMY_jkwbW02BSIEBrnfCm2hWvrq2Jz95HOXHh6pZ5byUkEcAgF4D8iMrEvap9H4CubD8-UH_3-0V6NVSlaRooLa5ro-fz_F1hcc

“There’s got to be a logical way to explain this Christmas thing”

The star of Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas, Jack Skellington is the king of Halloween Town, a place where they love everything spooky and eerie, with their biggest day of the year, of course being Halloween itself. Though he loves scaring others, he does it out of joy, not malice, though he eventually tires of doing the same things year in and year out, when one day he discovers a door to Christmas Town. Jack quickly falls in love with Christmas, discovering all these new wonders and excitements, he decides that he will take over for Santa, so he can have a break for the year and deliver presents to the children of the world instead. This ends horribly, he kidnaps Santa, children end up receiving nightmarish toys from their new Santa and it ultimately ends with the military shooting Jack out of the sky, where he realises he was a fool to try and take over another holiday and begins correcting the errors of his ways, by rescuing Santa and restoring the holiday back to its rightful state.

fkQ7fuB9ouBjQ3Zj2RJW1MYIOw8iq6j9pTio-dLIpKbk9lwWuUt2uhRt20prJIpGLurUwiWeWa1c7q0U5jKV85X18tB8JvVp4G9yel4uH7P2hBGJCphQ0GMnwJhcw5aYK5YzMNyddEk

Because you are an expert scarier that makes people act in fear, you are a Drunkifier and will be able to make the player that you visit use their action, if any, on a random player, including themselves and you by using your Night Action when you say Give [Player] a scare during the Night Phase in your Role PM.

You are Holiday Heroes (Town) and win when all threats to you have been wiped out.

This character was submitted by TheCapsFan.
They were the Drunkifer allied with Town.

Rainbow Cloud, too, has managed to survive the chaos and bloodshed.
Ultimately, to victory he led the Heroes, by thinking and using his head.
Each and every Christmas, a wreath can be seen, hung outside the home.
Thus, the final players have been flipped, and we reach the end of our tome.

Rainbow Cloud's fate was written in the stars and they left the party as happy as could be. They've won the game.
Dear Rainbow Cloud,

You are a Wreath.

Christmas-wreath-The-Real-Flower-Company-herb-door-wreath.png

“Something intertwined or arranged in a circular shape: such as a decorative arrangement of foliage or flowers on a circular base” - Definition of a Wreath, Merriam-Webster

A holiday decoration that adorns the front door of people’s homes during the holiday season. The evergreens they’re made of represent everlasting life, strength and even immortality. Wreaths are not only used during Christmas, but also many different cultures and traditions such as Harvest wreaths, memorial wreaths and the kind of wreaths that are worn, such as those from ancient Greece and Rome.

christmas-wreath-making-workshop-bristol-emma-norton.png

Because you often decorate the door of homes, you are a 1x Neighbourizer and will be able to create a private chat with another player that lasts the rest of the game, once during the game by using your Night Action when you say Welcome [Player] into my home during the Night Phase in your Role PM.

You are Holiday Heroes (Town) and win when all threats to you have been wiped out.

This character was submitted by DawningWinds.
They were the Neighbourizer, allied with town.

However, before we can bring this game to an end, there remains one question.
Who murdered DarthWolf? And, to that, I would like to make a quick confession.
For, you see, DarthWolf wasn’t murdered by anyone playing in this little game.
His death was merely an accident, so, truly, there was nobody who was to blame.

Still, throughout the events that have transpired, there remains one force unknown.
In reality his presence makes sense, for he’s been the one setting the game’s tone.
Now, this game’s final reveal, and last mystery is now finally going to be resolved.
The last living host is ME, and I was giving out the Chanukah presents. Case solved.

To be fair, this is really something that could have easily been guessed about.
Considering the rhyming PR, and Chanukah, who else would have the clout?
And now, I would like to take this opportunity to make all of the wrongs right.
Happy Holidays to each and everyone of you, and to you all a very good night.

Magnificent Entertainer is the last host standing and has won the game.
Dear ME,

You are Chanukah Zombie from Futurama.

CzSMiBX_TXS2N6QesXkSU6oprC3w0bvU0TuJ-CKHkh5jeCSo7jo4wY_SP6u9D4q7rLscSI9XHrqqpyU7iuIUO21Jx6kVAZrZkCnD_LAsv8x2oljSBN67ra0atXBk4ujiINFiEKEbEik

“‘Cause I’m Jewish and I’m undead”

Played by the famous Mark Hamill, Chanukah Zombie is the holiday figure representing Chanukah. Friends with Robot Santa and Kwanzaa-bot, the three of them form the Holiday Trinity. Chanukah Zombie’s preferred method of transportation is his TIE fighter, designed around Chanukah.

Due to being a holiday figure representing Chanukah and spreading wisdom about the holiday, you are a Author, it is your job to receive status reports about what is happening during each phase from the Host (Phase Updater), Snowy so you can make reliable, efficient and ryhming flavor text to accompany each phase update.

In addition, because you’re ME, you are also a Drunk Rhyming Post Restrictor, each Day Phase you may choose to impose a Post Restriction on a player, who is selected at random, which they can choose to accept or not the following night, if they accept it, for the following Day Phase, that player may only speak in rhymes. This is done by saying Make Someone Festive in any game related chat. (Zinn’s Mafia Sever, Role PMs [including the Host one] or the game thread itself)
The message they will receive is: “You were sent a present, it says “Happy Chanukah, this is not a harmonica. You might get a fright, but I promise it’s a delight!” on it, will you open it?”
If they refuse: “What a shame, enjoy the game.”
If they accept: “Oh boy, what joy. It’s time for a rhyme! You can only speak in rhyme for this phase, not for the entire holidays.”

You will still provide your services even after death. Unless you don’t want to as a way to punish the players. You cannot use your Night Action if you are dead.

You are a Host (Independent) and will win if you are still alive when the game ends. If your Rhyming Post Restriction is refused more than once, you will be modkilled. This team is not hostile to any other and can win with any team.

He was the Drunk Rhyming Post Restrictor, allied with the Hosts.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Magnificent Entertainer set down his fancy quill, leaned back in his office chair, and stretched his arms.
Another year, and another Holiday Mafia game.

The flavor writer looked over the manuscript once more. Satisfied, he stood up and walked over to the dry bar in his shiny new office, pouring himself a generous portion of Buffalo Trace bourbon.
Glass in hand, he walked to his office windows, shiny new Head Administrator badge gleaming on his lapel.
He looked out the window, getting a great view of the Bulbagarden forums during the night time rush.
Cars zipped by on the roads below, and the skyscrapers cast imposing shadows over the darkness.

He took a sip from his beverage, as he gazed down at the forums. All was well with the world.
Despite the fact that Dylan’s departure as the previous Head Admin had managed to slightly derail things, his installment as the new HA put the plan right back on track.

He smiled sadly, as he looked at his reflection in the glass. He glanced over at the garbage can, where a purple badge could just barely be seen poking out from the refuse container.
Magnificent Entertainer’s job was over. It was time for the Maniacal Engineer to make a comeback.

He took another sip of his beverage, and swirled the contents carelessly.
Things were about to get very interesting...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From myself, the hosts of this game, and the War Room staff, we hope you have an absolutely fantastic holiday season, and a very happy new year. Thanks for playing. Goodnight to all, and to all a good night!

Last edited by a moderator:
I forgot that the Hostage Taker makes all actions targeted towards them go to their Hostage instead on Night One, so Jinjo should've discovered HumanDawn was a 1x Vigilante on N1 instead of Mido being the Hostage Taker, truly sorry about that.

Both you and Jinjo played really well and deserved to win, it was only late into day 3 that I started to suspect you without jamie's vote counting for us we would have lost. Really close game in the end congrats everyone :)
I'm sure those vote switches were suspicious. Actual moments where I was an idiot. :p

Feedback Survey
Got a feedback survey here, would be helpful if you guys can answer it for us.

1. Did you have fun?

2. Do you think the game was balanced and fair?

3. Did you enjoy your role?

4. How was the flavor text done by ME?

5. What did you think of the unique roles? [ME's Drunk Rhyming Post Restrictor, Self Exploding Bomb (That never got used) and the Hostage Taker (recycled from Holiday Mafia 2017)?]

6. Did we do a good job as hosts, could we have improved on anything?

7. What was your favourite part (eg. something funny or cool that happened)?

8. Would you be interested in me hosting more similar Mafia games in the future and if so, any requests?

I'm sure those vote switches were suspicious. Actual moments where I was an idiot. :p
The vote switches were confusing but it was only really the HD one that particularly stood out for me, the main thing that was kind of a red flag was when everyone voted for Mido on day 3, thought something wasn't right then and the vote switching led me onto your wagon instead.

I made quite a few mistakes in the game particularly getting the post restriction for the second time, I shouldn't have accepted the present a second time when the wording was the same, I don't know what I was thinking, was hoping there was the chance of getting something good as I'd already used my neighbouriser shot at that point.

Got a feedback survey here, would be helpful if you guys can answer it for us.

1. Did you have fun?
Yeah the game was fun and had some interesting roles.

2. Do you think the game was balanced and fair?
Yeah, think the game seemed pretty balanced, think having the voting Restless Spirit may have unbalanced things towards town slightly as it felt like mafia probably should have won based on their performance.

3. Did you enjoy your role?
Yeah, don't think I've been a neighbouriser before.

4. How was the flavor text done by ME?
Flavour text was great and fun to read.

5. What did you think of the unique roles? [ME's Drunk Rhyming Post Restrictor, Self Exploding Bomb (That never got used) and the Hostage Taker (recycled from Holiday Mafia 2017)?
I was probably less of a fan the Drunk Rhyming Post Restrictor role than the other players but it was funny having to do the rhyming :D
The Hostage Taker was an interesting role, think Mido would have had a good chance of making it further into the game if we'd lynched Max on day 3 instead of her, though town probably would have looked at her again if we'd gotten Jinjo and the game hadn't ended.
Think the Self Exploding Bomb may have ended up doing more damage to town but it would have been interesting if Caps had used it Night 1.

6. Did we do a good job as hosts, could we have improved on anything?
Yeah, you all did a good job and it was a fun game to play.

7. What was your favourite part (eg. something funny or cool that happened)?
I liked at the end where the Drunkifier got the mafia with their own nightkill, was expecting to be killed that night and the last day to be Jinjo vs Dawning.

8. Would you be interested in me hosting more similar Mafia games in the future and if so, any requests?
Yeah, would be interested in playing more games hosted by you in the future, any theme is good.

Last edited:
I was getting alot of 3rd party vibes from Mido on day 1 and it turns out I was correct and she really did turn out to be a 3rd party.

I was getting alot of 3rd party vibes from Mido on day 1 and it turns out I was correct and she really did turn out to be a 3rd party.
That you didn’t take advantage of. If I could have actually won’t with town I would have come out day one, but since I couldn’t I tried to avoid the risk.

If you hadn’t outed me then we probably could have taken town down.

Ironically if town hadn’t lynched me and had listened to me, mafia would have been dead sooner, and town probably would have turned on me and won then Too.

Moral of the story: MIDO IS ALWAYS RIGHT!!!

That you didn’t take advantage of. If I could have actually won’t with town I would have come out day one, but since I couldn’t I tried to avoid the risk.

Ironically if town hadn’t lynched me and had listened to me, mafia would have been dead sooner, and town probably would have turned on me and won then Too.

What happened in the mafia chat was I thought your role was similar to a serial killer and I was worried you would kill me or Max at night. There's also that night action processing mistake at night meaning I would have actually visited HD and not you. If I knew what your role would have actually done, I would have tried to help you win with mafia.

Congratulations Town! And Mafia too, unfortunately, jamiebearcub's role in voting ended up sealing the deal.

Town winning with Mafia nightkilling itself... wow...

I forgot that the Hostage Taker makes all actions targeted towards them go to their Hostage instead on Night One, so Jinjo should've discovered HumanDawn was a 1x Vigilante on N1 instead of Mido being the Hostage Taker, truly sorry about that.

If Jinjo received the Vigilante result, would she know that it's from me and not from Midorikawa? Though, regardless of that, she wouldn't have outed her role and Midorikawa would still be in hiding.

Yeah, if Jinjo took advantage of it, you three would have probably won. Mafia's job is to lynch Townies, not Independents. Even if Midorikawa could have been a threat, she could be pressured later to be lynched.

You were right about Jinjo, but I didn't expect you to be an actual Independent at first and I wanted to give Jinjo the benefit of the doubt because I don't see Mafia claiming out like that to lynch an Independent.
---

Good game and thanks for hosting :) Happy holidays!

Back
Top Bottom