• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

American Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just hoping Cleveland doesn't make the same mistake Washington did by not picking an actual team name and going with something incredibly boring and generic. Their reasons for changing the name is valid, but please...PLEASE do not call yourself the Cleveland Baseball Team.

I thought Washington team's current name is merely temporary? It usually takes around a year before a new name is set to go.

Last edited:
I thought Washington team's current name is merely temporary? It usually takes around a year before a new name is set to go.
I heard something about it possibly being in the running for a permanent name and I'm thinking you'd have to be a lazy moron to stick to that boring and generic name over Redtails or Redwolves.

Also of course Trump is complaining about this. He's always been ignorant when it comes to how others feel. He doesn't care about how Native Americans feel.

All of this is making me miss the days when Mitt Romney was the worst thing we could think of.

Wow, someone left the Republican party despite all the loyalty they had. While it's not the Senate which would've the best case scenario, it's still nice to see some people of the Republican party noticing the error of their ways.

Don't celebrate yet. Mitchell was already retiring this year, which means there was zero risk for him to leave the party now. He's not gonna have to worry about the GOP running someone against his seat if he gives it away anyway.

That's why rats leaving the sinking ship isn't that noteworthy. I'm more interested to see if we'll ever get a GOP leaver who actually has something he can risk to lose.

Anyone else ready for the meltdowns now that McConnell has said Biden won?
It's already happening. QAnon supporters have vowed to leave the GOP over this.

Which is honestly, good riddance. But also I'm disturbed at just how delusional and radicalized the far right have become. I'm not even sure if this can be called far right anymore, "far, far right" sounds more accurate. They're so thoroughly brainwashed at this point that I seriously wonder if a cure is even at all possible.

It's already happening. QAnon supporters have vowed to leave the GOP over this.

Which is honestly, good riddance. But also I'm disturbed at just how delusional and radicalized the far right have become. I'm not even sure if this can be called far right anymore, "far, far right" sounds more accurate. They're so thoroughly brainwashed at this point that I seriously wonder if a cure is even at all possible.
They make the Tea Party from a while back look like an actual damn tea party.

Donald Trump needs to start his own political party.

The Trump Party

Rabid Trump fans from my home state have switched from "Trump will win when the electoral college votes" to "Trump will win when Congress throws out the results and refuses to ratify the results" nnnn

Rabid Trump fans from my home state have switched from "Trump will win when the electoral college votes" to "Trump will win when Congress throws out the results and refuses to ratify the results" nnnn
The latter would actually result in Nancy Pelosi becoming president.

Actually, it's a great idea. It would split the Republicans and the US right wing would lose power.
On the plus side, yes, it would split the conservative vote.
On the other hand, it'll also give them less of an incentive to shut the fuck up and go away

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom