• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

American Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Biden has selected Rep. Deb Haaland to be Secretary of the Interior.
Yes!
Good news for US environment.

'It's my homeland': the trailblazing Native lawmaker fighting fossil fuels

_
Biden To Pick North Carolina Regulator Michael Regan To Lead EPA

He leaves Wednesday.
He'll be home for Christmas
You can plan on thee
Please have snow and mistletoe
And presents by the tree

Christmas eve will find thee
Where the love light gleams
I'll be home for Christmas
If only in my dreams

I'll be home for Christmas
You can plan on thee
Please have some snow and mistletoe
And presents by the tree

Looks like Biden might have his Secretary of Education. He will select Miguel Cardona, who is a former public school teacher and education commissioner for Connecticut.

Looks like Biden might have his Secretary of Education. He will select Miguel Cardona, who is a former public school teacher and education commissioner for Connecticut.

What?
Not giving to the best people.
His biggest donors and sycophants.

If only Trump had ever shown even the slightest bit of decency during the process of the bill getting to him. Alas he did not, and I don't trust his objection, even though I agree the stimulus checks should be much higher than they are.

These senators are absolute traitors to the country. 11 senators, including Ted Cruz, plan on objecting to certifying Joe Biden's victory.

Isn't their constsnt attempts to overturn the election technically going against section 3 of the 14th amendment?

"No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any state, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any state legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any state, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability."

Last edited:
These senators are absolute traitors to the country. 11 senators, including Ted Cruz, plan on objecting to certifying Joe Biden's victory.

Isn't what they're doing technically goes against section 3 of the 14th amendment?

"No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any state, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any state legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any state, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability."
Yeah, it's definitely starting to cross the boundary of being in direct violation of the constitution. However, I sadly don't think anything will be done to them if they do do this. Trump's cult is so mindless and obsessed at this point that they'll let it slide.

Luckily, regardless of what they try, they don't have the 2/3 of both houses they'd need to disrupt Biden's inauguration from going forward.

Orange baby is mad:

View: https://twitter.com/NatashaBertrand/status/1345794053338787842

Throughout the call, Raffensperger and his office’s general counsel rejected his assertions, explaining that Trump is relying on debunked conspiracy theories and that President-elect Joe Biden’s 12,779-vote victory in Georgia was fair and accurate.
Trump dismissed their arguments.
“The people of Georgia are angry, the people in the country are angry,” he said. “And there’s nothing wrong with saying, you know, um, that you’ve recalculated.”

Trump also told Raffensperger that failure to act by Tuesday would jeopardize the political fortunes of David Perdue and Kelly Loeffler, Georgia’s two Republican senators whose fate in that day’s runoff elections will determine control of the U.S. Senate.
Trump said he plans to talk about the fraud on Monday, when he is scheduled to lead an election eve rally in Dalton, Ga. — a message that could further muddle the efforts of Republicans to get their voters out.
“You have a big election coming up and because of what you’ve done to the president -- you know, the people of Georgia know that this was a scam,” Trump said. “Because of what you’ve done to the president, a lot of people aren’t going out to vote, and a lot of Republicans are going to vote negative, because they hate what you did to the president. Okay? They hate it. And they’re going to vote. And you would be respected, really respected, if this can be straightened out before the election.”

Orange baby is mad:

View: https://twitter.com/NatashaBertrand/status/1345794053338787842

Throughout the call, Raffensperger and his office’s general counsel rejected his assertions, explaining that Trump is relying on debunked conspiracy theories and that President-elect Joe Biden’s 12,779-vote victory in Georgia was fair and accurate.
Trump dismissed their arguments.
“The people of Georgia are angry, the people in the country are angry,” he said. “And there’s nothing wrong with saying, you know, um, that you’ve recalculated.”

Trump also told Raffensperger that failure to act by Tuesday would jeopardize the political fortunes of David Perdue and Kelly Loeffler, Georgia’s two Republican senators whose fate in that day’s runoff elections will determine control of the U.S. Senate.
Trump said he plans to talk about the fraud on Monday, when he is scheduled to lead an election eve rally in Dalton, Ga. — a message that could further muddle the efforts of Republicans to get their voters out.
“You have a big election coming up and because of what you’ve done to the president -- you know, the people of Georgia know that this was a scam,” Trump said. “Because of what you’ve done to the president, a lot of people aren’t going out to vote, and a lot of Republicans are going to vote negative, because they hate what you did to the president. Okay? They hate it. And they’re going to vote. And you would be respected, really respected, if this can be straightened out before the election.”

I’ve only listened to the 5 minute version so far and it was horrifying. I’m going to listen to the full thing tomorrow. Holy shit.

I think the Republicans have set a very dangerous precedent when they set out on this absolutely ridiculous mission to overturn Biden's victory. A precedent so dangerous, it threatens out Democracy and our elections. This gives the opportunity for both parties even to try to overturn the results every election if they don't like the results in the future, which I honestly think will happen.

I’m listening to the full tape right now, and this is absolutely horrifying. They’re literally demanding to be sent voters’ private data.

This is absolutely the Watergate scandal of our generation, and it needs to be treated even more severely than that was taken. I honestly think impeachment hearings should start again. Yes, at this point, it might not even do anything in regards to removing Trump, but it needs to be made perfectly clear to everyone in our government that this will NOT be tolerated. We finally found our voter fraud, we found it when our President broke election law on those tapes, and to make it worse, he says in the tapes that he’s called other state secretaries.

I’m listening to the full tape right now, and this is absolutely horrifying. They’re literally demanding to be sent voters’ private data.

This is absolutely the Watergate scandal of our generation, and it needs to be treated even more severely than that was taken. I honestly think impeachment hearings should start again. Yes, at this point, it might not even do anything in regards to removing Trump, but it needs to be made perfectly clear to everyone in our government that this will NOT be tolerated. We finally found our voter fraud, we found it when our President broke election law on those tapes, and to make it worse, he says in the tapes that he’s called other state secretaries.

I am hoping that states are just waiting till he is out of office to file suits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom