• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview 2021 Episode Previews

INTELEON?! GROOKEY?!

Alright Anipoke you now have my uttermost undivided Attention

(Please! Do NOT ruin this for me!)
tenor.gif
200.gif

My Little Ponyta. My Little Ponyta...

Looks like Galarfetch'd doesn't evolve in PM51 after all. At least that means he'll get some more development and experience before evolving.

Finally, Sobble's going to Pokeman up and stop being a bad joke.

Even more finally, they remembered another Galar character exists, in this case Opal. While they're at it, they're letting Wikstrom out of Not Animated Jail.

I'd like to know who's Turtwig and Chewtle those are. :unsure:

I'll bet even money Goh catches that Dennene...

Looks like things are FINALLY gonna pick up in this series...

Last edited:
-Shifted focus back to PWC
-Galarfetch'd arc
-Koharu is a research fellow

In the words of Pete Townshend: "'Got a feeling '21 is gonna be a good year".

They've been sticking that Dedenne in a ton of promotional art, I really hope its not just a POD. My eyes lit up when I saw Turtwig, I'm super curious about the context of that battle, especially since I'm not really expecting Gou to catch non-Galar starters. Could be Gardenia VS Jessie, although I admit that seems like an unlikely turn of events. Could be Gardenia VS Nessa, in a spectated PWC match. Or could be another POD. (Please stop torturing me, Anipoke.)

Grookey has appeared. Pandora’s Box has now been opened as the fandom will begin speculating on its fate.
As if they hadn't started already.

Last edited:
-Shifted focus back to PWC
It's going to be one episode and then we'll probably wait another 10-15 episodes for the next one. The focus isn't changing and is already normal relative to most series.

I did think at one point they might want to make more PWC episodes than the standard 8-10 for gyms, but that doesn't seem to be the case. More short matches with random trainers wouldn't hurt, though.

It's going to be one episode and then we'll probably wait another 10-15 episodes for the next one. The focus isn't changing and is already normal relative to most series.
At least two with Opal being introduced.
I did think at one point they might want to make more PWC episodes than the standard 8-10 for gyms, but that doesn't seem to be the case. More short matches with random trainers wouldn't hurt, though.
Yeah, they were doing that pretty consistently until Bea showed up. I loved her episodes, but I feel like she really put the PWC on hold. I suppose you could also blame the SwSh chapter for the longer-than-normal gap between battle episodes. Fingers crossed for a bit more consistency anyway.

Last edited:
No Grokey Will Be Wasted What Are You Sayng? Ash can Get It. Ash Can Train It To Be Ready For PWC matches And Evolve
Grookey won't be wasted under Goh. It took a while but they are finally developing his Sobble. They can do the same with Grookey

I’m guessing something like this will happen to Sobble: Sobble becomes inspired to get stronger after encountering Inteleon, who they admire for their bravery/strength/whatever, but whenever they actually get into a battle, they cower out. Sometime in the episode, Goh and Sobble will face some kind of threat and Sobble will step up, overcoming it’s fears and evolving.

If it evolves in the same episode as Inteleon debuts, both the Scorbunny and Sobble evolution lines might debut before Grookey does. Seeing Pokémon in the anime usually makes me like them better since I can properly visualize their movements and mannerisms, so it might make me like Drizzile and Inteleon better.

I wonder if Ash vs. Wikstrom is a PWC battle. I don’t think Farfetch’d could beat Wikstrom even if it does evolve.

I did have a feeling that if Sobble and Farfetch’d evolved, it would be around the same time.

It seems like Opal has an interest in Koharu, probably because she wears pink.

Last edited:
I'm seeing some Koharu there, but I'm also seeing stuff that suggests Ash and Gou will still be getting episodes without her, which I was hoping would have ended now she got the Eevee. Apart from that it looked pretty hype.

I'm seeing some Koharu there, but I'm also seeing stuff that suggests Ash and Gou will still be getting episodes without her, which I was hoping would have ended now she got the Eevee. Apart from that it looked pretty hype.
Maybe but we don’t actually see any group shots in these previews so the episode could be about Ash or Go, but she’s still there with the group. What we do know though is that Koharu is definitely going to be traveling between this preview and next episode’s preview so it does seem that she’s entered into the group on a more permanent basis.

Moar Koharu is always a plus. The fact that she's on Galarian Rapidash with all the lights makes me think she's in Opal's town. Whilst I mourn the loss of Bede, I must admit that Opal maybe seeing something in Koharu what with her indecisive future could be an interesting prospect.

I have zero opinion on Wikstrom, other than I needs to see Drasna animated.

Huh, Grookey. I was half expecting him not to show up until we got Drizzle at least I must admit.

All in all, it does look quite exciting but I won't be fooled like last time and will keep my expectations in check.

Now that I think about it, Ash battling Wikstrom is pretty hype. Ash has never been able to defeat an Elite Four member before, so him finally doing so now will feel like a tangible progression from him winning the league in SM. Of course the PWC itself could be seen as a progression, however it's kind of hard to compare with traditional leagues because the format is so different, and none of Ash's PWC wins so far have felt super impressive.

Now that I think about it, Ash battling Wikstrom is pretty hype. Ash has never been able to defeat an Elite Four member before, so him finally doing so now will feel like a tangible progression from him winning the league in SM. Of course the PWC itself could be seen as a progression, however it's kind of hard to compare with traditional leagues because the format is so different, and none of Ash's PWC wins so far have felt super impressive.
Eh, I don’t think his neglected Farfetch’d can realistically beat an Elite Four’s ace.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom