• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview 2021 Episode Previews

Eh, I don’t think his neglected Farfetch’d can realistically beat an Elite Four’s ace.
We'll see. It might take two attempts if anything, but I doubt Ash will simply admit defeat.

Ash (and Farfetch'd) have kind of been on a losing streak for a while, at least as far as the PWC is concerned. I wouldn't be surprised if they do win. Also if PM051 is the training episode, logic would dictate that Farfetch'd wouldn't proceed to lose AGAIN immediately after.

Last edited:
All in all, it does look quite exciting but I won't be fooled like last time and will keep my expectations in check.
Yeah, it wasn't that long ago people were getting mega hyped for this year after that special preview trailer, but the general board's reception has not been so great.

Eh, I don’t think his neglected Farfetch’d can realistically beat an Elite Four’s ace.
I agree it's unlikely Ash is going to beat Wikstrom at this point; actually Farfetch'd being armoured up makes me think it's some sort of special training rather than a real battle.

I'm seeing some Koharu there, but I'm also seeing stuff that suggests Ash and Gou will still be getting episodes without her, which I was hoping would have ended now she got the Eevee. Apart from that it looked pretty hype.

I feel that people are really blowing things out of proportion because Chloe's scenes in the trailer aren't that noteworthy and I bet she's still gonna be a third wheel only on occasion every dozen episodes or so. I'd love to be wrong but nothing in the trailer made me think that she's joining the main cast full time. :(

God I hope that a Turtwig appearing is a sign of DP remakes but probably not lol. Nice to see Wikstrom return after his film cameo and wow the Galarian Rapidash scene was pretty. :D

I feel that people are really blowing things out of proportion because Chloe's scenes in the trailer aren't that noteworthy and I bet she's still gonna be a third wheel only on occasion every dozen episodes or so. I'd love to be wrong but nothing in the trailer made me think that she's joining the main cast full time. :(
When most of Chloe's episodes are as good as they are it's just a bit frustrating that I have to wait 3-4 months between them and I was hoping her getting an Eevee would mitigate this issue. At least it might take her from once every 3-4 months to once or twice per month, which is better than it was.

Now that Christmas is over I have a time to write down my thoughts

Sirfetch'd vs Wikistrom looks great! If I had to take a guess I'd say that's Iwane's animation?

Me @ the prospect of Sobble evolving
giphy.gif

Not only is Inteleon Cool but is also Awesome! :bulbaLove: No. I'm not going to debate this

I wonder who is writing Sobble's focus Episode tho? I feel like that's gonna give me an idea about how this episode will play out. Fujisaku better keep his ass far FAR away from here...

I have a feeling it's Michihiro Tsuchiya tho. Since he also wrote Sobble's debut Episode. Would make sense if he wrote Inteleon's too

Also I think the Inteleon's trainer is a Rando of the Day. If it were somebody we knew like say Leon, Hop, or Nessa I feel like the trailer would've shown them since they had no problem revealing Opal and Wikistrom.

Also I guess they're really giving Chloe all of the Adorable Pokémon huh?
Galarian Rapidash looks pretty in the Anime.

Opal is still scary af

But not as scary as Goh-Gulpin *shudders*

I wonder who will catch Grookey?
I'm leaning towards Goh right now but I won't completely count Ash out.
(I guess it boils down to whether Sobble Evolves or not in it's focus Episode)

Would be Mega funny if Chloe caught it tho lol

And the best part?
ZERO traces of Lucario Shilling anywhere in sight!

Last edited:
This was a fun gift for Christmas. I was not expecting either Opal or Wikstrom to show up, but that is pretty neat. I desperately want Chloe to be part of the main cast. The fact that they didn't include her or at least another female character from the start was such a huge mistake that it is mind boggling. I like Ash and Goh and their chemistry is quite nice, but not having some girl prominent in the cast feels so backwards for Pokemon. I'd love it if she does capture Galarian Ponyta since it's cute, one of my favorite regional forms and would be another eighth generation Pokemon on the cast. At the very least, I'd love for Chloe to get more focus than once in a blue moon and since she is now a trainer, maybe that will result in more frequent focus for her.

Sobble being inspired by Inteleon is rather cute. I'm not sure how unpopular this is, but I love Sobble's evolutions and I didn't even pick it for my starter in either version. I remember when the evolutions were leaked and people were upset about Sobble's evolved forms in particular. When I did see those evolved forms, I didn't understand the backlash since I thought both Drizzle and Inteleon looked awesome. So the idea of Goh's Sobble becoming a Drizzle sounds pretty cool to me at least on that level.

I'm also thrilled that Grookey is finally going to be in the anime. It's my favorite Grass starter, so not having it featured sooner is a bit disappointing. I'd still rather Ash get Grookey. He really needs more Galar Pokemon and I think Grookey would be a good fit for him. Goh catching Grookey instead is a possibility. I'd be a bit disappointed if that does happen not because of Goh himself, but just because I'd prefer for Ash to still get one of the newest starters.

It recently occurred to me that Sobble might pull a Rowlet and not evolve at all even though there’s an Inteleon involved... Its unlikely but still a possibility.

That was because Rowlet was more marketable than its evolutions. From what I've heard, Inteleon is really popular in Japan.
Yeah But Sobble Is More Popular Elesewhere. I Litteraly Saw Billions of People Complaining About How They Ruined Sobble. Still Think It’s Gonna Evolve and Hopefully Go To Ash Tho.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom