• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Latest Wild Area Max Raids

I'm really starting to hate how they run these shiny events. 2 days is not enough time, I spent all day during the weekend trying to get a shiny and came up empty handed. I wish they'd run these for like, a week or something.
Are you able to keep the event going so long as you don’t go online? Idk why but I thought that was the case.

Problem is you often need help online to beat the 5 Star raids.
Are you using Pokémon that are at or above level 90? I don't have online and haven't had too much trouble with 5 star raids when using Pokémon that are above level 90, though I will admit that event raids do typically take me a couple of tries.

I actually forgot to mention this, but I also managed to snag a 5IV Square Shiny Alolan Vulpix with Snow Warning over the weekend. It's now a fully EV-trained and Hyper Trained Alolan Ninetales.

A new event is going live on Jan 1st. Normal and Dragon Mons will be taking center stage, with G-Max Snorlax and G-Max Duraladon being the main attractions. Other Mons include Goomy, Axew, Stufful, and Minccino. Time to start off the new year with wild dragons and fluffy plush toys. Let's hope this signals in a good year, as we need it after 2020.

A new event is going live. In celebration of the Year of the Ox, we are given a bovine bonanza. While it only consists of three Mons: Tauros, Bouffulant, and Miltank, there is a guaranteed chance for a shiny Tauros in the 5 Star Raids. The event will last for the next few days. Don't be afraid to grab this event by the horns! It'll be a moo-ving experience, to say the least. Just don't be a bull-y to the other players during this event.

...I'll show myself out now.

A new event is going live. In celebration of the Year of the Ox, we are given a bovine bonanza. While it only consists of three Mons: Tauros, Bouffulant, and Miltank, there is a guaranteed chance for a shiny Tauros in the 5 Star Raids. The event will last for the next few days. Don't be afraid to grab this event by the horns! It'll be a moo-ving experience, to say the least. Just don't be a bull-y to the other players during this event.

...I'll show myself out now.
Well, it's way better than just saying "event is happening, bye!"

Non-DLC players should take note of this one, since all three of the boosted Pokémon are species that were reintroduced in the Isle of Armor.

I've been trying to find a Shiny Tauros for most of the day. I've been throwing in Wishing Pieces, but it's still hard for me to just find a five star one. I wish that they didn't increase the odds since that makes it a lot harder to find one and jumping into online raids isn't really reliable when the chances are over thirty percent instead of just around twenty percent. Is there any way for me to find a Shiny Tauros faster?

If you aren’t adverse to slightly underhand methods you can use the clock change cheat to scroll through a raid den until you find a shiny. It’s still time consuming but means using less wishing pieces and less running around.

If you aren’t adverse to slightly underhand methods you can use the clock change cheat to scroll through a raid den until you find a shiny. It’s still time consuming but means using less wishing pieces and less running around.

I thought about doing that, but I was afraid of messing it up or having it affect my Switch. I did find a video where they have this Link Trade trick though. You start searching for people to trade with and the top Max Raid battles come up more frequently when you check the Y-colum. That is so much better than what I have been doing with connecting and then reconnecting with the Internet to refresh Raid battles. I still wish that there was an easier way to refresh Max Raid Battles in the games, but thanks to this trick, I was able to find a Shiny Tauros in both of my games. It worked really fast in Sword and while it took a bit longer in Shield, I was still able to find another Shiny Tauros.

I appreciate the suggestion though. I wasn't sure if I'd have time to find the event Pokemon, especially when I still couldn't get Skwovet in Shield during the repeat event, so I was worried about it a bit. I still think it's better when the chances of getting a non-shiny version of the event Pokemon are lower, but hopefully this will make it easier or at least less stressful for me to find the Shiny Dens in future events.

The time change method really shouldn’t have any effect on your switch or your game and is pretty easy to do but it is a bit of a moral grey area in terms of cheating.

I’ll be honest I thought the trade to force a y-comm refresh was so well known at this point that I don’t ever mention it - I really shouldn’t make assumptions!

The raid event has shifted. February is the month of Psychic and Fighting types with the Machop line (G-Max Machamp, Riolu & Lucario, Falinks, Dottler & G-Max Orbeetle, the Solosis line, and the Gothita line.

Sorry for the double post, but the raid event has shifted to a special Cramorant event that will result in better Mystery Gift rewards the more players participate in beating a shiny Cramorant. Other Pokémon include female Indeedee, Flygon, Golurk, & Quagsire.

Is the Shiny Cramorant catchable this time? Zeraora wasn't, but that was a Mythical. I've really wanted a Shiny Cramorant for a while now.

Is the Shiny Cramorant catchable this time? Zeraora wasn't, but that was a Mythical. I've really wanted a Shiny Cramorant for a while now.
I'm not sure. If I come across a shiny, I'll let you know.

I also made a mistake on my post: the rewards actually come from how many Cramorant you beat in general, not just how many shiny Cramorant you beat.

Shiny Cramorant is indeed catchable and I assume 100% success for host at least as I caught mine in a beast ball ;-)

The time change method really shouldn’t have any effect on your switch or your game and is pretty easy to do but it is a bit of a moral grey area in terms of cheating.

That's good to know. I was just too nervous to try it out.

Shib said:
I’ll be honest I thought the trade to force a y-comm refresh was so well known at this point that I don’t ever mention it - I really shouldn’t make assumptions!

I really hadn't heard about it before. All of the videos I had checked for other Wild Area events always used the time change method to get the guaranteed Shiny Pokemon. Either that or one of their friends found it and gave them a code to the Pokemon Den. Considering that it is the best way to update Max Raid Battles listings, I'm kind of surprised that I didn't learn about it until well over a year since the games came out. Although, part of that is also how I didn't have too much trouble with the Wild Area events until the Skwovet one last month. It was still relatively easy for me to jump into raids online and find the Shiny Pokemon without too much time or stress, but now it's a bit more difficult when the odds of getting the regular Pokemon are much higher.

It is catchable. I caught a Shiny Cramorant in both Sword/Shield earlier today. I was relieved that the Repeat Balls worked given that Cramorant's capture rate is relatively low. I hope that you'll be able to fine a Shiny Cramorant too.

I'm glad that they're giving people more time to get the Cramorant and having another event where people battle a Pokemon for prizes is pretty neat. I wish that the rewards were a bit more appealing though. Getting Orbs or Bottle Caps is still neat. I used the Bottle Caps for my Sword team and I can definitely see a different with my Boltund's strength at least, but it's much less cool that battling for the chance to get a Shiny Zeraora. It is still a neat way to get people potentially interested in the upcoming movie, or at least get people to speculate when it will inevitably drop on Netflix.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom