• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

250px-666Vivillon.png

IM SCARED THIS THING IS LIKE SOO EVIL

Who Do U Think Will Have Intelegent Gun Aka Inteleon

So If you admit that Riolu helped too then why'd you say Raboot did 99% of the work?

And Sobble didn't even faint. Goh only recalled it so it wouldn't make everyone cry

Totodile at least defeated a Kingdra (which was considered OP back at the time)

Mudkip evolved so idk why you brought him up.

Piplup as you said help Dawn succeed in many contests. Guess what Contests in the Anime also require? Battling!

Snivy was a fine battler. Ash just didn't use her much (because he had so many Pokémon in constant rotation during that BW)

Chespin's Vine Whip was strong enough to knock a Delphox's stick out of it's hands

You also forgot about Squirtle who was also pretty strong.

Not to mention all of these Pokémon still have better track records than Sobble lol
Riolu Lost Immediantly And I Was Talking About Goh's Pokemon
By Hacking
Cuz Nothing Would Have Changed If It Evolved
And Making Your Pokemon Look Good
Snivy Has A 25% Win Rate, No 1 Can Deny It
I Bet A Rattata's Tackle Could Do That
Yes My Bad But Remeber May's Bulbasaur And Squirtle (They Evolved But In DP And They Might As Well Not Evolved
The Series Is Not Finished

Riolu Lost Immediantly And I Was Talking About Goh's Pokemon
Riolu still helped. You admitted as much. You're honestly just moving the goalposts at this point.

And Making Your Pokemon Look Good
So because contests are about looking good suddenly it doesn't count as much? Sorry, but not only does that make no sense, but I'd say that having to look good in addition to knowing how to battle would if anything make contests harder than standard battles in a way. Case in point: ballet is far and away one of the toughest and most physically demanding sports in real life precisely because the fitness levels and muscle control required to perform physical feats that ALSO have to look good and elegant are ginormous. Also remember that Ash learned a lot from contest performances that he applied into battles to great effect.

Snivy Has A 25% Win Rate, No 1 Can Deny It
And Gliscor only had a grand total of two wins to their name during their entire tenure in the DPP anime. Number of wins aren't always indicative of how good or bad a Pokemon is. You keep bringing up that "Oshawott did better than Snivy" in raw numbers but conveniently forget how Snivy hardly ever goes down without giving a great fight (one of her battles had her fight against TWO fully-evolved Fire-types mostly alone because her teammate Tepig was going through an emotional crisis, and Snivy lasted incredibly long before fainting despite taking wave after wave of super-effective attacks. It took a combination to finally bring her down. Which she willingly blocked to protect her teammate, by the way) while Oshawott would keel over at the slightest of taps.

The Series Is Not Finished
Exactly. So maybe don't complain about Sobble not doing much until we actually cross that bridge? I agree that it sucks that the little lizard hasn't done a lot, but ads have hinted at that changing in the near future.

And Gliscor only had a grand total of two wins to their name during their entire tenure in the DPP anime.
Did I Say Gliscor Was Good? At Least It Didn't had A Lot Of Losses
"Oshawott did better than Snivy" in raw numbers but conveniently forget how Snivy hardly ever goes down without giving a great fight (one of her battles had her fight against TWO fully-evolved Fire-types mostly alone because her teammate Tepig was going through an emotional crisis, and Snivy lasted incredibly long before fainting despite taking wave after wave of super-effective attacks. It took a combination to finally bring her down. Which she willingly blocked to protect her teammate, by the way) while Oshawott would keel over at the slightest of taps.
Oshawott Still Is Better Than Snivy, Tepig's Evolution Was The Only Good Thing About Her
Riolu still helped. You admitted as much. You're honestly just moving the goalposts at this point.
I WAS ONLY COUNTING GOH'S POKEMON.
(Cool I Saved The THread From Satan Vivillion)

You know who he doesn't Hug? His actual Teammates!
PIKACHU WOULD LIKE TO KNOW YOUR LOCATION

Did I Say Gliscor Was Good? At Least It Didn't had A Lot Of Losses
I brought up Gliscor precisely to point out that a Pokemon is more than just raw number of wins: Gliscor didn't have a good record in sheer numbers and lost far more than they won. Didn't stop them from giving a good performance and being one of Ash's most beloved Pokemon.

Oshawott Still Is Better Than Snivy, Tepig's Evolution Was The Only Good Thing About Her
I mean, if you can't give any actual arguments to support this claim beyond just stating it over and over again like a broken record you're never going to convince anyone. Also, constantly saying that "at least Oshawott was better" kinda makes you sound like you know Oshawott is bad and are trying to look for any excuse to make him look better than he actually was by trying to compare him to a Pokemon that you think is worse. Just saying.

I WAS ONLY COUNTING GOH'S POKEMON.
Then why did you bring up Riolu, then? You were the first to mention him precisely to discredit Sobble's contribution in the Flygon battle.

I mean, if you can't give any actual arguments to support this claim beyond just stating it over and over again like a broken record you're never going to convince anyone. Also, constantly saying that "at least Oshawott was better" kinda makes you sound like you know Oshawott is bad and are trying to look for any excuse to make him look better than he actually was by trying to compare him to a Pokemon that you think is worse. Just saying.
Oshawott Is Good Cuz Memes
Then why did you bring up Riolu, then? You were the first to mention him precisely to discredit Sobble's contribution in the Flygon battle.
Even Though I Dont Count Riolu It Took Away From The Things Sobble And Raboot Did So I Removed Points From Them

Oshawott Is Good Cuz Memes
I don't remember Oshawott being memed that much. Even then, I don't see why that would make Oshawott good, since memes are purely a fan creation rather than any indication of a characters actual merits. I will give you this, though: memes that overstay their welcome can become pretty darn annoying, so comparing Oshawott to that is pretty apt, lol.

Here, I'll give you an example of why I think Snivy is better than Oshawott: Snivy actually had this little thing called compassion. The way she stood up for Tepig when his abusive trainer met the group speaks volumes, as does the fact that she bonded with Ash precisely because he's a kind and caring trainer, so Snivy clearly places a lot of value in a good heart. Oshawott, meanwhile, was a callous douche who never had to learn his lesson because we were supposed to find his jerkishness "quirky", "charming", and "endearing", which it never was: Oshawott was constantly stealing food from Tepig/Pignite, someone that he knew had been on the brink of starvation in the past and would thus be obviously traumatized from losing food, but Oshawott didn't care and just kept eating Tepig/Pignite's food. I don't like Tepig either, but the act of stealing food from someone who was severely malnourished at one point is an extremely horrible thing to do on principle, and what's worse is that we were supposed to find it FUNNY just because the one doing the stealing is conventionally cute. That is seriously disgusting. Really, Oshawott is lucky that I don't like Pignite either, because if I actually did, then the otter would easily be my least favorite character in Pokemon anime history.

Even Though I Dont Count Riolu It Took Away From The Things Sobble And Raboot Did So I Removed Points From Them
...so basically Riolu only counts when it's convenient to you personally. Okay then.

Phew... we made it unharmed.

So... Goh don't catch Vivillon, else you lose your one throw capture skills.
Goh Has Scatterbug...

Oshawott was constantly stealing food from Tepig/Pignite, someone that he knew had been on the brink of starvation in the past and would thus be obviously traumatized from losing food, but Oshawott didn't care and just kept eating Tepig/Pignite's food.
If You Count That Then Emolga and Corpihish Are Horrible People, Stealing Food From A Lot Of Mons. And Also Maybe Oshawott Is Helping Pignite On A Diet. Pignite Looks Like An Egg.

If You Count That Then Emolga and Corpihish Are Horrible People, Stealing Food From A Lot Of Mons. And Also Maybe Oshawott Is Helping Pignite On A Diet. Pignite Looks Like An Egg.
The reason I find Oshawott worse than Emolga or Corphish is the fact that neither of those two ever specifically singled out a victim of trauma as their targets and that they both toned down their food-stealing tendencies as their respective series went on (heck, I'm pretty sure that Corphish only ever stole food a grand total of once during all of Hoenn), unlike Oshawott who just kept his bad attitude from start to finish. And I'm sorry, but that excuse it just straight up whitewashing. Not only is that egg shape what Pignites are supposed to naturally look like, but even if it wasn't Oshawott has absolutely zero business "helping" someone get on a diet that they never once asked to have. Pignite doesn't want to go on a diet, so Oshawott should respect that regardless of how "fat" you think Pignite is. Pigs are supposed to be fat.

The reason I find Oshawott worse than Emolga or Corphish is the fact that neither of those two ever specifically singled out a victim of trauma as their targets and that they both toned down their food-stealing tendencies as their respective series went on (heck, I'm pretty sure that Corphish only ever stole food a grand total of once during all of Hoenn), unlike Oshawott who just kept his bad attitude from start to finish. And I'm sorry, but that excuse it just straight up whitewashing. Not only is that egg shape what Pignites are supposed to naturally look like, but even if it wasn't Oshawott has absolutely zero business "helping" someone get on a diet that they never once asked to have. Pignite doesn't want to go on a diet, so Oshawott should respect that regardless of how "fat" you think Pignite is. Pigs are supposed to be fat.

Another thing about Oshawott that I HATE is how much they tried to make it this ''funny, cute and powerful'' pokemon, but they failed horribly

(Okay, it's cute, but the anime team is not in charge of the designs. So no credit here.)

First, it was not funny. It was this selfish jerk, that they slapped like 2 gags on and run them to the ground, and that felt old and unfunny 4 episodes later.
Like, why does it keep coming out of it's pokeball??? It doesn't do anything of value 99% of the time.

And to hammer the last nail on it's coffin, it's weak in battle. Only won in one gym battle and it was barely. And every time it was sent out, it got OHKOed on sight. Pathetic.

Back
Top Bottom