• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

American Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In-thread Warning: Jan 6, 2021
Hello OtBers,

Due to recent developments of the US Presidential Election 2020, effective immediately, all rule-breaking posts will go straight to points and bans until further notice. We would like to keep all discussions inside OtB and all of the Bulbagarden forums civil, productive and drama-free for everyone.

Please use the report button on a post you feel is rule-breaking. This is your in-thread warning.

Best,

Piko

Ilhan Omar has confirmed she is drawing up Articles of Impeachment after the riot today.

I don't understand what the point of drafting Articles of Impeachment right now when Trump is 2 weeks away from being evicted anyway.
Remove any threat of him pardoning people, prevent inciting more violence by spreading lies about a stolen election as he'd lose his protections and could be prosecuted if he continued to do so, and to show that this isn't acceptable behaviour from a President regardless of where in their term they are.

Senate is supposed to reconvene to confirm the election at 8pm EST. We'll see if that actually happens.

Sorry for double post, but kind of important considering this is the Twitter President:

Twitter has locked Trump out of his Twitter account. If he deletes the tweets that Twitter removed earlier, his account will be unlocked after 12 hours. If he doesn't, his account will remain locked. He'll most definitely be banned once he's out of office.

I believe so--a president can technically be impeached after leaving office to prevent them from running again.
Well, no—impeachment alone does not prevent a President from running for a second term. Trump was already impeached by the House. But if removal from office prevents him from running again, then that is a very good reason to impeach and then move forward with his removal even with only 2 weeks left.

That being said...I doubt there is enough time for this to be done.

Well, no—impeachment alone does not prevent a President from running for a second term. Trump was already impeached by the House. But if removal from office prevents him from running again, then that is a very good reason to impeach and then move forward with his removal even with only 2 weeks left.

That being said...I doubt there is enough time for this to be done.
Removal of office prevents them as far as I know, but if they leave office in the mean time impeachment can be used to prevent them from running again if they are eligible to run again. Regardless, there will likely be criminal charges placed on him as soon as he's out.

I know there was some talks of enacting the 25th Amendment as well, which would also prevent him from running again.

I question whether Trump's health is such that he can run in 4 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom