• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

American Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay... What exactly got PogChamp kicked out of Twitch?

I'm... no one has to answer if its such a touchy subject; but... I'm legitimately out-of-the-blank as to what the hell's going on other than violent, angry Trump supporters going wild.

Okay... What exactly got PogChamp kicked out of Twitch?

I'm... no one has to answer if its such a touchy subject; but... I'm legitimately out-of-the-blank as to what the hell's going on other than violent, angry protesting from Trump supporters.
As far as I know he was supporting those terrorists when they were storming the Capitol.

I think we should wish for an orderly transition and no more violence. I think America has had enough of the violence, especially in the past 24 hours. I think what happened in the past 24 hours has seen America's credibility tarnished, and I think a smooth transition from Trump to Biden will restore America's credibility in the world.

Sadly, people have died today as a result of violence, mainly fueled by websites promoting conspiracy theories like those run by Alex Jones. I hope that people in the United States of America realise the harm that people like Alex Jones and other conspiracy theorists has done to a otherwise great country, and I hope that Joe Biden will help heal the division that has been created in the past four years by the divisive policies of Donald Trump. I would love to see a Truth and Reconciliation Commission in the United States to help heal the divisions in the country, similar to other countries such as South Africa after Apartheid.

I hope to see an end to the violence and division that plague the United States of America, and no doubt everyone here would love to see an end to the violence and division that had plagued a great country. It takes a lot more than rhetoric to "Make America Great Again", and that actually involves improving a country's image by doing good in the world, such as providing clean drinking water and sanitation to developing countries and following international law and promote international cooperation and not being a rogue state. I think what we saw in the past 24 hours is the exact opposite and would not help America's image in the world.

On a related note, in regards to the new rule for this thread, I agree with the new rule, but did anyone notice United States was spelt wrong? It was spelt Unites State instead of United States.

Last edited:
Also, the House is adjourned until after the Inauguration and the Senate is adjourned until 19 January due to yesterday’s riots. The only way he’ll be removed now is 25th Amendment.

Good morning. In 13 days, Joe Biden will be President and Democrats will have unified control of the Federal government.

Sorry to be annoying about this, but if the Senate is adjourned until the 19th, does that mean that the two new Dem senators can’t be sworn in until then either?
If they are able to be sworn in sooner, they still can’t do anything until the Senate meets again. However, it sounds like if A25 isn’t invoked in the next day or so, Dems are going to try force Congress back into session for impeachment.

If they are able to be sworn in sooner, they still can’t do anything until the Senate meets again. However, it sounds like if A25 isn’t invoked in the next day or so, Dems are going to try force Congress back into session for impeachment.
Impeachment at this point really isn't worth it because Trump will be gone in 13 days anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom