• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens I - VIII)

You mean that you might want to know whether or not there will be a future Pokémon Mystery Dungeon featuring all Pokémon from Generations I-VIII, like Dracovish?
I don't think prog is wondering if another PMD will come out with Dracovish in it, I think he is wondering how Dracovish will work in the PMD setting considering, well, its an abomination made by someone who didn't know what they were doing, and its 'dex entries, like the other Galar fossils, imply that it is suffering to an extent and/or cannot function properly due to being the Pokémon equivalent of Frankenstein's monster. Will the developers reference its suffering existence and the questionable ethics surrounding its creation, or will they gloss over it?

How do people get shiny Pokemon out of Dynamax Adventures? I've done dozens and have not gotten any, yet I've heard that people do get them there. I have the Shiny Charm, if that means anything. Is there something else I should be doing?

How do people get shiny Pokemon out of Dynamax Adventures? I've done dozens and have not gotten any, yet I've heard that people do get them there. I have the Shiny Charm, if that means anything. Is there something else I should be doing?
Ultimately, like with all shiny Pokémon, it's all up to luck. Even with the charm you only have a 1% chance of encountering a shiny--for comparison, I've seen some statistics that suggest the chance of dying in a car accident is roughly the same. And, like with all statistics, just because you've gone through 99 encounters doesn't mean the 100th is guaranteed to be shiny (or a fatal accident, for that matter).

Edit: I forgot to multiply by 100 for the percentages

Last edited:
Ultimately, like with all shiny Pokémon, it's all up to luck. Even with the charm you only have a ~0.01% chance of encountering a shiny--for comparison, I've seen some statistics that suggest the chance of dying in a car accident is roughly the same. And, like with all statistics, just because you've gone through 99 encounters doesn't mean the 100th is guaranteed to be shiny (or a fatal accident, for that matter).
Isn't actually 1%? I heard the shiny rate in DA was 1/100. And you can catch a total of four Pokemon for an overall rate of 4/100.

Apparently the $90 bundle has content from season pass and patches already on the cartridges meaning the dlc content good be loaned and resold just like other physical games. What do the deluxe cartridges look like? Is there an easy way to tell the difference or do I gotta look at the pinn or something?

Is there an easy way to tell the difference
Yes. From a random unboxing video I found, it appears that the cartridge has "+ expansion pass" listed on it towards the bottom.
1612478554585.png

Does anyone know of there are any enduring examples of Pokémon that are referenced in the game but are still unobtainable? There were a few former ones such as Zubat and Fletchling but I’m struggling to find any that weren’t covered by the expansion.

I do recall that Grimer and Electrode are present on the Pokémon Quest shirt. Are there any others?

Hello.

Recently I noticed that the wiki posts and overall odds for wild Pokémon if you defeat 500 of the same species combined with charm or no charm.

Cattura.PNG

By this I've two question: How you calculated the overall rate with 500 Pokémon defeated or caught and if the overall rate is only for the 500 Pokémon defeated or anyone else?

Thanks.

Hello.

Recently I noticed that the wiki posts and overall odds for wild Pokémon if you defeat 500 of the same species combined with charm or no charm.

By this I've two question: How you calculated the overall rate with 500 Pokémon defeated or caught and if the overall rate is only for the 500 Pokémon defeated or anyone else?

Thanks.
It’s 500 total of the same species defeated/caught combined. So for example, if you catch 300 Chewtle then defeat 200 more, that totals to 500 and you’ve maximized your odds for Chewtle only.

You have to do this for each individual species, maximizing your odds for one species has no effect on any other.

Does anyone know of there are any enduring examples of Pokémon that are referenced in the game but are still unobtainable? There were a few former ones such as Zubat and Fletchling but I’m struggling to find any that weren’t covered by the expansion.

I do recall that Grimer and Electrode are present on the Pokémon Quest shirt. Are there any others?

Honey describes Klara/Avery as “an odd Ducklett” at one point.

Could swear there’s another similar mention but I can’t recall it off the top of my head

If I reach the Master Ball tier and lose a match, do I go down a rank like the other tiers or do I stay in Master Ball for the month?

Hi greetings. For the last five years until right now I have dedicated my time and money to collecting and transferring legendary Pokémon, from every applicable game. I started in 2016 when I had found my Pokémon Emerald cartridge at the bottom of my dresser. I spent money on a Nintendo DS Lite. I purchased Pokémon Pearl. I transferred original Mew and Zapdos from Emerald to there. Then I played Pokémon Pearl for like two years straight lol. I purchased Pokémon HeartGold. I played, and beat HeartGold three times in a row in order to get original Squirtle, Charmander, and Bulbasaur plus legendaries. Then I purchased Pokémon White2. I basically repeated the process. Then I purchased a Nintendo 3DS and a Nintendo 2DS because I needed to trade evolve for some. Lol. And then I purchased Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby, I primarily transferred everything from every DS game into Alpha Sapphire. After obtaining all legendaries from AS, and a little extra Mewtwo and an extra Lugia, then I transferred everything I've owned into Pokémon Ultra Moon (including the legendaries from OR.) As it stands my Pokémon collection spans through seven boxes. I've got Jirachi & Arceus & Manaphy too. It's so special to me.

I was an intensely memorized fan of Pokémon when Pokémon Ruby game out. It basically is the reason I follow Nintendo after all these years.

I was wondering though. For having original event legendaries and trade evolved Pokémon and in-game legendaries, plus the original Gen I starter Pokémon (plus extra normal Pokémon), all saved on a hard copy Ultra Moon cartridge, I can't help but ask this question. Could I like sell this cartridge for thousands of dollars?

Last edited:
Hi greetings. For the last five years until right now I have dedicated my time and money to collecting and transferring legendary Pokémon, from every applicable game. I started in 2016 when I had found my Pokémon Emerald cartridge at the bottom of my dresser. I spent money on a Nintendo DS Lite. I purchased Pokémon Pearl. I transferred original Mew and Zapdos from Emerald to there. Then I played Pokémon Pearl for like two years straight lol. I purchased Pokémon HeartGold. I played, and beat HeartGold three times in a row in order to get original Squirtle, Charmander, and Bulbasaur plus legendaries. Then I purchased Pokémon White2. I basically repeated the process. Then I purchased a Nintendo 3DS and a Nintendo 2DS because I needed to trade evolve for some. Lol. And then I purchased Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby, I primarily transferred everything from every DS game into Alpha Sapphire. After obtaining all legendaries from AS, and a little extra Mewtwo and an extra Lugia, then I transferred everything I've owned into Pokémon Ultra Moon (including the legendaries from OR.) As it stands my Pokémon collection spans through seven boxes. I've got Jirachi & Arceus & Manaphy too. It's so special to me.

I was an intensely memorized fan of Pokémon when Pokémon Ruby game out. It basically is the reason I follow Nintendo after all these years.

I was wondering though. For having original event legendaries and trade evolved Pokémon and in-game legendaries, plus the original Gen I starter Pokémon (plus extra normal Pokémon), all saved on a hard copy Ultra Moon cartridge, I can't help but ask this question. Could I like sell this cartridge for thousands of dollars?
No. In all likelihood it probably isn’t worth much more than the original price you paid for it. Event Pokémon do not usually translate to real-world money with some minor exceptions that would probably not net you much unless they were on an original RGBY or GSC game cart. Unless you’ve got a ton of them, and even then you’re probably looking at $1-200 at best.

Back
Top Bottom