• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Where will the Sinnoh GF be held?

Thingamajig

Collects stuff
Reaction score
Care to hazard a guess?

Hearthome seems like the obvious choice. But I think Jubilife and maybe even the Resort Area are possibilites.

I'd say Hearthome too, but the Resort Area seems like it might be a good place, if it were right place for holding contests.

The Resort Area seems too far away. My guess is that the series will continue to follow the games and hold off on that island until after the league.

Outside of an anime-only location, Hearthome is the natural choice. Maybe that's what the arena we saw in the tag battle arc was built for.

Last edited:
I feel like Hearthome seems like an obvious choice, but we've never seen the GF held in a town where we've already seen a contest. I like the idea of Resort Area, but i'm not too sure if the anime plans to include that entire island. It's not to far from the Pokemon League, so it may not be out of the question as far as distance is concerned.

I'm going with Hearthome City since it's the only place in Diamond/Pearl, where contests are held in the game.

I feel like Hearthome seems like an obvious choice, but we've never seen the GF held in a town where we've already seen a contest. I like the idea of Resort Area, but i'm not too sure if the anime plans to include that entire island. It's not to far from the Pokemon League, so it may not be out of the question as far as distance is concerned.

Ahem, Slateport city would like to disagree.

Well, I partially agree with Heathome City. Partially, because we already saw Hearthome City more then any other city in anime. That's why I can also see some other place for GF. And I must admit Resort Area seems very likely too. Well, we must wait and see.

The Resort Area seems too far away. My guess is that the series will continue to follow the games and hold off on that island until after the league.

But I don't think it would be long enough to include as a whole arc, so they could actually throw it in before the League or after before the next league or return to Kanto for a visit.

Hearthome still seems like the best choice - centrally located, excellent contest hall, etc.

Would be nice if the GF is more than just 3 episodes this time too, but it probably won't. Even the Wallace Cup was only 3 eps, so who knows if they'll ever let a Contest last more than 3 eps.

Would be nice if the GF is more than just 3 episodes this time too, but it probably won't. Even the Wallace Cup was only 3 eps, so who knows if they'll ever let a Contest last more than 3 eps.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Sinnoh GF be at least 4 episodes this time because the last two GF felt like they were rushed at the end. I always enjoy the League and Festivals, but the handling and rushed ending has always been annoying to me.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Sinnoh GF be at least 4 episodes this time because the last two GF felt like they were rushed at the end. I always enjoy the League and Festivals, but the handling and rushed ending has always been annoying to me.

Yeah, I hate when I wait whole 3 seasons for a GF and a conference and than they get rushed. They could make them at least 5 eps or even more.

Hearthome seems obvious, but I'm actually thinking it might be an anime-only location.

I could guess its an anime only location too, make the GF more interesting than other contests have been

How does it make it more interesting? Why have an important event taking place in a filler town?

I still think it'll be in Hearthome City since it's the only place in Diamond/Pearl, where contests are held in the game.

Hearthome City, most definitely.

I'm left wondering just how it will go, though, because on the surface it seems a little obvious---Dawn, of course, will make it, as will Zoey as the primary rival, Nando's pretty much a shoe-in as he already has four Ribbons, and I'd be shocked if Kenny failed to make it too. If Jessie somehow made it, I don't see her making it past the appeal stage.

There's got to be a wild card, otherwise the obvious prediction will be Dawn/Zoey and Nando/filler character at the end, with the final likely being Dawn/Nando (I think she'll be good enough to beat Zoey soundly by this point...) On the other hand, I'd rather not see another one-off 'super' rival like Robert or Soledad, I'd rather see someone we already know... and I can only think of two possibilities. The much less likely one would be ending up having Johanna have snuck around collecting Ribbons while we haven't seen her, which would set up an obvious Dawn/Johanna battle after she crushes Nando and her daughter beats Kenny and Zoey. Much, MUCH more likely though, Marina will actually make an appearance after having her reputation built up throughout the DP series.

No matter what though, Dawn sure isn't winning this, that's for certain. It's unlikely she could beat Nando, ridiculous to think she could win against Johanna, and just impossible for her to believeably take down Marina. It just isn't happening.

I think Jessie would make it to a battle at least.

It's incredulous to think that they'd have Johanna collecting ribbons. You would think SOMEONE would have told her 'Hey, a woman looking almost like you has 5 ribbons!'

I have a feeling Jessie will use Kenny as a punching bag 'again'. And perhaps beat Dawn. perhaps. She'll lose to Nando.

Marina doing this, i highly doubt a 'Master cooridinator' would participate in this.

I don't think Marina will appear, I just thought those cameos were nods to her character since she is the only female game protagonist that never traveled with Ash.

I think Dawn will beat Jessie and Kenny, and possibly lose to Zoey.

If this Grand Festival is only 3 eps like the last two and the Wallace Cup, then its fairly obvious battle screentime will be condensed since they always have the coordinators talk with one another that takes up a lot of screentime, and then the damn appeals usually take up an entire episode.

Hearthome. Or Pastoria?

Anyway, I think Dawn's first battle will be against Jessie (which she'll win, of course)

Then a filler character, then Zoey or Kenny, whom she'll loose too.

Then comes the Battle Frontier D:

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom