• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Pokemon Home

Transferring is now live for players Lv37 and above

I’m at level 33 and it unlocked for me this morning.

5 non legendary shinies transferred- now to wait a week to get the last few (I’m a massively casual Go player and already moved my Kanto shinies over through Let’s Go)

Oh wow, this just makes it worse. So I thought while you wait for the time to go down, the number of coins it takes would also lower. I checked back today after 4 days since transferring a few of my non-legendary shinies over to see where my charge was at. I have a day and a half left and the amount of coins it would take to finish charging it is 811. I don't know if this was the number before, but I'm guessing it was around 811 because after I transferred it said I had about a 5 and half day wait time.

So basically, it appears that the number of coins it would take to fully charge either does not change or just barely changes. That is just ridiculous.

I'll be checking again after I transfer over my Shiny Latios, just to get some exact numbers for what it is initially. But from how it looks, this new transfer system is still gross.

All of this is making me glad I never purchased HOME’s premium plan nor started playing GO.
I started playing Go for like a month before the transfer became available. I got the gift pokemon and deleted it. Then purchased a home premium suscription with gold points so they don't get any actual money. Transferred everything I could and canceled. I'm not giving them any extra money for features that should be free

Yep. Here to confirm that the coin amount does not change with the time after while you wait for the transfer energy to recharge. I transferred my Shiny Latios 4 days ago so it needed 6 days and 22 hours or 1000 Coins to recharge. Today when I checked to see how much time remained (2 days and 14 hours), it still shows that I need 1000 coins to fully charge it.

So it's not worth it to wait for a few of the days then pay to transfer. You will still be paying the same amount regardless.

Absolutely ridiculous.

One positive though is that you don’t have to wait for it to fully recharge - as soon as enough energy has recharge you can use it again. Obviously not helpful for transferring shiny legendaries but does make transporting regular shinies quicker.

It looks like you can trade any GO Pokémon now, as I've since traded one of the Burmy from last month.

I have patience, so I normally only transfer one Shiny Pokémon a day. Coins are not mandatory to recharge (I mainly use them on more storage and the occasional Remote Raid Passes).

Okay, so I'm glad I got Home, but the more I read, the more I think "Really glad I didn't start GO". Because this sounds completely ridiculous. I mean, I get it; they want to make money to keep things going but this? This just feels like overkill.

Someone on Tumblr has translated a recent interview with Masuda and Ohmori, clarifying more details into both Home and the cutting of certain Pokémon.

1: Masuda is just as upset as we are over the culling. He wanted SwSh to include the first seven generations of Pokémon, but can't if it means higher quality animation.
2: They've still not decided on whether to patch in left-out Pokémon.
3: There will be over 1,000 Pokémon, alternate forms counting.
4: Home will have playable features, which means it's going to be more than just Bank+. Pokémon not in the Galar Dex will still play some role in Home, so they're definitely not been forgotten.
5: Mega Evolutions and Z-Moves will not be included in SwSh.
These aged poorly

These aged poorly
I know right? It seems more like Masuda’s in denial the more I look at this. He’s lying to himself because he genuinely wants to make the games good, but the higher ups won’t allow him to grant Game Freak more time and and a bigger budget because those same people want an excuse to milk Pokémon Home.

I know right? It seems more like Masuda’s in denial the more I look at this. He’s lying to himself because he genuinely wants to make the games good, but the higher ups won’t allow him to grant Game Freak more time and and a bigger budget because those same people want an excuse to milk Pokémon Home.
So the best course of action is for someone else to be put in charge of the franchise?

So the best course of action is for someone else to be put in charge of the franchise?
It's more like one of these options:
  1. Give Game Freak a bigger budget and/or more time. Even if we still have Dexit, having these things can make for an overall better product.
  2. Remove Ishihara from the head position in TPCi.
  3. Someone give Masuda hope so he's no longer stuck with the Defeatist ability. I swear that most of these interviews with his most controversial statements come across as a 'why bother?' frame of thought that doesn't really help himself, Game Freak, or the Pokémon franchise as a whole.
Masuda himself isn't what's wrong with the franchise. It's the people above him and his current outlook that's the problem, both of which are due to the poison of how the mobile gaming industry has been negatively affecting other aspects of gaming as a whole. If we can change the minds of Masuda and/or the TPCi higher-ups, the franchise and their business could have both profit and quality products.

1. Give Game Freak a bigger budget and/or more time. Even if we still have Dexit, having these things can make for an overall better product.
  3. Someone give Masuda hope so he's no longer stuck with the Defeatist ability. I swear that most of these interviews with his most controversial statements come across as a 'why bother?' frame of thought that doesn't really help himself, Game Freak, or the Pokémon franchise as a whole.
Masuda himself isn't what's wrong with the franchise. It's the people above him and his current outlook that's the problem, both of which are due to the poison of how the mobile gaming industry has been negatively affecting other aspects of gaming as a whole. If we can change the minds of Masuda and/or the TPCi higher-ups, the franchise and their business could have both profit and quality products.
They can also also improve their products similar to what Square Enix is doing. They are going to have laundry list on to improve customer satisfaction. The criticisms are going to Masuda or some higher up in TPCi and they will have to complie the complaints as data. First thing is finish and fix every product they release like Home, then fan support, etc. This is going to take more effort and time as they are not going to make the same mistakes this time, they going to have to adjust their corporate and PR strategy. If they apologize, backlash from fans. If they deny anything wrong with their products, backlash from fans. PR speak will be even meet with more backlash. They should not discuss any fixes and added features that might not be delivered (such as the new models). They going to have to speak to the fans from now on. They are going to mention that they are still working on their products.

In a nutshell: TPCi and Masuda must make some potential changes to their corporate strategy and must depend on the fans.

Last edited:
I think I worded myself wrong: when saying "to have someone else be put in charge of the franchise" I meant that our hypothetical someone (which could be a single person or a company) be put in place of TPC (either completely or just as a new manager). Hope that clears it out!

I think that 1 can't happen if Ishihara, assuming he's responsible for the decline of the franchise, stays, and if 2 happens then 1 is going to most likely happen too as a consequence of a new management, and probably also 3. At least, that's my opinion.

I think I worded myself wrong: when saying "to have someone else be put in charge of the franchise" I meant that our hypothetical someone (which could be a single person or a company) be put in place of TPC (either completely or just as a new manager). Hope that clears it out!

I think that 1 can't happen if Ishihara, assuming he's responsible for the decline of the franchise, stays, and if 2 happens then 1 is going to most likely happen too as a consequence of a new management, and probably also 3. At least, that's my opinion.

View: https://www.twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda/status/1351410431315755008

I do believe that Masuda will negotiate with TPCi to make potential changes and possibly improve SwSh, Home and other products before they do Gen 4 remakes.

I personally don't see how this can be interpreted as Masuda going to negotiate to TPC, it could really be anything else.
This is just the words of mine's and of some fans (from what I looked up on Twitter).

I still just don't know about yet only as it is up to Masuda and TPCi themselves but if they negotiate with each other about their products, it would be a pretty decent good start. In the words of Wendy's, quality is a recipe. That quote should apply to everything.

Last edited:
Dude is literally just posting “I’m at a place I regularly work” it means nothing in particular. He’s on GameFreak’s board of directors, GameFreak are part owners of TPCi - chances are he’s there an awful lot but with the pandemic situation it’s a bit more interesting for him when he is actually physically there!

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom