• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN057: Love is Koduck

Status
Not open for further replies.

duringpampers

Reaction score
Episode Title in Japanese: 恋はコダック
Air Date: February 26, 2021
FWlWKbD.jpg

Kind of thought JN057 would be Grookey, but I guess 4 straight episodes of important stuff is pretty good. Grookey can’t be that far away. This just sounds like another Kanto filler though. Ash and Goh (and perhaps Koharu) try to help a Psyduck attract a mate? Goh probably ends up catching it. First thing that comes to mind.

If Misty was going to be here, she would’ve been in the opening.

Last edited:
Just thinking about this episode makes me wanna cry.

We haven’t even seen anything other than the title. For all we know, it could be a pretty funny filler episode. It’s not as if we won’t have Suicune, Sobble development, Koharu probably catching Galarian Ponyta, and Farfetch’d evolving into Sirfetch’d all back-to-back before this episode, so a filler isn’t that unexpected.

We haven’t even seen anything other than the title. For all we know, it could be a pretty funny filler episode. It’s not as if we won’t have Suicune, Sobble development, Koharu probably catching Galarian Ponyta, and Farfetch’d evolving into Sirfetch’d all back-to-back before this episode, so a filler isn’t that unexpected.
But poor Grookey has been neglected for 2 years...

But poor Grookey has been neglected for 2 years...

It’s only been a little over a year considering this series started in Nov. 2019. Of course, that’s still bad, but Grookey’s time is almost here. I’d assume the writers wouldn’t of waited so long if they didn’t have something planned for it, though I will definitely eat my words if that ends up being untrue.

I’m not going to judge the episode without seeing a summary at least. Psyduck is a comical Pokémon already, so they could make it work.

Last edited:
This episode be like:
Koduck: Hello I luv u
Girl Koduck: Go away filthy!!
Koduck: Waah! *sees Satoshi and Gou* help me find luv pls!!
Gou: OMG a Koduck???? Monsta Ball let's gou!!!
Gou's Smartphone Rotom: Exellent!!!! *trink* Koduck's data will be added to the Index!
Gou: Koduck getto da ze!!!
Aceburn: Aceburn Ace!!!
Satoshi: OMG Gou ur a proffesional!!!
Pikachu: Pikachu Pikapi!!!

Last edited:
A Psyduck Episode? That's pretty random.

Ah well I figured we'd get a Valentine's Day Themed Episode anyways (despite this airing 2 Weeks after Valentine's Day)

Psyduck trying to copy Butterfree by wearing a Scarf to impress a Pink Girl Psyduck
Bye Bye Psyduck!
The Summary for the episode
As they journey toward IDK where, our heroes come to a path that continues along the side of a sheer cliff. When the party sees a flock of Psyduck swimming in the ocean, Goh, as a Pokémon know-it all, explains that it is the Psyduck's egg-laying season. In order to continue their posterity, Psyduck find mates during this season and cross the sea together. Goh catches and releases a Psyduck, sending it off toward the flock. His Psyduck performs a dance to attract a pink Psyduck, but is brutally rejected. Ash, Goh and Chloe try to encourage Psyduck, but Psyduck can't recover from the shock of rejection. Just then Team Rocket arrives to poach the Psyduck. Goh's Psyduck tries to prevent the capture of his fellow Pokémon with very little success. Determined to free them and win the heart of the pink Psyduck, he battles Team Rocket with the strength and courage of a Pokémon in love. Can Goh's Psyduck rescue his fellow Psyduck Pokémon and win the heart of his pink Psyduck? If so, will he leave Goh, his beloved Pokémon trainer that just caught it, to follow his love and fulfill the Psyduck destiny?

Last edited:
Not 100% sure what I think of the episode so far, based on the title alone.

Part of me doubts it is Misty as we've had no word of her return unlike Gary, Iris and the Alolan gang

I feel that this will either be Goh attempting to catch a wild Psyduck or, hopefully the return of Shane Seeker

Dang, I thought for sure this would be the Grookey episode. I'm guessing it'll appear in March. If it debuts on my birthday, that would be a solid birthday present.

(no, I still don't count that fantasy from a few episodes ago)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom