• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speculation Gen 9 Predictions (Development predictions, New Regions, Version names)

Look at it this way. The next generation of Pokemon games began development just before, if not just after the latest generation is released. So, let's assume that Sword and Shield started planning stages in 2016.
Ishihara is on record stating he didn't believe in the Switch in 2017, and considering Black and White were released on the DS (after the 3DS) you have to assume that Pokemon Sword and Shield were still in development for the 3DS during 2017. When it became apparant that the 3DS was dying rapidly, they switched their focus and announced a Core RPG in May 2018, but they didn't show anything. Not a title, or anything. Pokemon has never done this, therefore you can assume (again) that development switched sometime in 2018. And they didn't want to show a title without any footage. That gives roughly a year and a half of development to turn a 3DS game into a switch game. Then there is the issue with creatures inc. (This is actual evidence). Something happened between the Pokemon models and if we believe Gamefreak, then they couldn't bring all the Pokemon over to the switch. This infers two things. Developmental problems or the games were being rushed so they couldn't possibly animate every single Pokemon out there. Creatures was also removed from Gamefreaks listed partners, which tells us that something did go wrong. Ohmori also stated that roaming Pokemon and Wild Area were late additions (which explains why the wild area looks awful). It's obvious that something happened behind the scenes. I mean, Gamefreak moved offices to be in the same building as nintendo just after they purchased and renovated a building. Why would they do that? Why would Creatures be removed as Gamefreaks Partner? Just look at sword and shield. If you removed the wild area, the game is exactly in the same scope as the 3DS games, despite the switch being a far more powerful device that allows for a scope significantly larger than what we got. It's so obvious that something happened. And i'm not against it. I mean, even Joe Merrick noted that Gamefreak has to follow the marketiting cycle and they were likely forced to release something they didn't want to release. Even Masuda looked upset when he announced that Sword and Shield were not going to feature every Pokemon because that went against everything he believed in. I just hope this doesn't happen again.
But all of these “inferences” and just that: assumptions. And, to be honest, many of them I don’t really see a good connection to. We don’t know exactly when SwSh began development. We don’t know that Ishihara demanded that they don’t develop for the Switch.

I’m not even sure what you’re referring to with the Wild Area. It looks terrific to me, especially the DLC ones. You also don’t get to pick and choose what features to ignore when separating it from a 3DS game. The fact is that the Wild Area is there. Dynamax too would be a feature that I can’t see working well on a 3DS.

Aaanyway, I apologize for being part of getting the thread off topic, but I think it’s time we focused on Gen 9 and left the Sword and Shield discussion to this thread or similar.

But all of these “inferences” and just that: assumptions. And, to be honest, many of them I don’t really see a good connection to. We don’t know exactly when SwSh began development. We don’t know that Ishihara demanded that they don’t develop for the Switch.

I’m not even sure what you’re referring to with the Wild Area. It looks terrific to me, especially the DLC ones. You also don’t get to pick and choose what features to ignore when separating it from a 3DS game. The fact is that the Wild Area is there. Dynamax too would be a feature that I can’t see working well on a 3DS.

Aaanyway, I apologize for being part of getting the thread off topic, but I think it’s time we focused on Gen 9 and left the Sword and Shield discussion to this thread or similar.

Yeah, i'm sorry too for dragging this off topic as well. I want Gamefreak to do well like everyone else in here and hopefully they can do that in Gen 9 :)

On a more relevant note: I wonder if this would be the first game that not only features voice acting, but anime cries as well. It seems kind of redundant to keep the sprite cries considering how dated it sounds. Smash Bros uses the anime cries for its Pokemon characters, so it only seems apt to put them into the games. Gamefreak has also been slowly toying with the idea by having eevee, pikachu and even Meowth using their respective cries and it wouldn't surprise me if they added to this. Pokemon like Charizard which sounds like a dragon in the anime would be a huge upgrade over its sprite cry that's for sure.

On a more relevant note: I wonder if this would be the first game that not only features voice acting, but anime cries as well. It seems kind of redundant to keep the sprite cries considering how dated it sounds. Smash Bros uses the anime cries for its Pokemon characters, so it only seems apt to put them into the games. Gamefreak has also been slowly toying with the idea by having eevee, pikachu and even Meowth using their respective cries and it wouldn't surprise me if they added to this. Pokemon like Charizard which sounds like a dragon in the anime would be a huge upgrade over its sprite cry that's for sure.
Charizard might be an upgrade, but the rest... No, just no.

Charizard might be an upgrade, but the rest... No, just no.

It's either that or make new authentic sounds for these Pokemon. The sprite cries are terribly outdated. They were outdated in 2010, and they're even more outdated now. And are we forgetting how amazing the regi's sound in the anime? Or Palkia? I would handle squirtle saying its name if I can get the robotic regi cries in the games.

New Region should be based on Indian State of Maharashtra cause they can make 36 Regions on 36 districts of Maharashtra then they have a lot of diversity in every district not only of animals but people too so they can get a lots of Ideas of new pokemon and stories and can focus on the india as a aspect of their business cause everyone thinks India Has Nothing For Business And games and console free to me cause of such a beautiful idea I gave them

It's either that or make new authentic sounds for these Pokemon. The sprite cries are terribly outdated. They were outdated in 2010, and they're even more outdated now. And are we forgetting how amazing the regi's sound in the anime? Or Palkia? I would handle squirtle saying its name if I can get the robotic regi cries in the games.
Poke Dragon said exactly how I feel about that. Even though I have been a fan for 20+ years that has been something I have found annoying since pretty early on.

New Region should be based on Indian State of Maharashtra cause they can make 36 Regions on 36 districts of Maharashtra then they have a lot of diversity in every district not only of animals but people too so they can get a lots of Ideas of new pokemon and stories and can focus on the india as a aspect of their business cause everyone thinks India Has Nothing For Business And games and console free to me cause of such a beautiful idea I gave them
I know I’ve said this before but I’m feeling confident that the next region might be based on India mainly due to Copperajahs dex entry and the introduction of curry which originated from India.

I know I’ve said this before but I’m feeling confident that the next region might be based on India mainly due to Copperajahs dex entry and the introduction of curry which originated from India.
I think we are going back to America. Probably California and maybe a bit of Arizona and Mexico so Gamefreak can make another perfectly linear region like Galar. :bulbaLove:

I think that's just a nod to the fact that Britain once ruled over India. Corphish and Yungoos were also mentioned to come from other regions and yet there's no intentions to explore those regions.

Almost every game has introduced a Pokemon not from that region (Exeggutor, Corphish, Gible, Yungoos) and they've never once hinted at the next region, so that seems very unlikely.

I'm fine with the anime cries, it's that there are Pokemon that sound a lot more "childish" than what they should sound like because they say their names. Many of them should just be making animal noises instead since that sounds a lot more organic and not forced. I mean, not every animal in the world has a distinguishable sound that you could write anyways, so why should every Pokemon say their name?

I really don't get all the attention on graphics. To me Sw/Sh and LGPE are an acceptable standard. People like Botw's realism well ok good for them, but it has no storyline.

I loved travelling the Galar region with all my new buds, great selection of Pokemon and Galar forms, plenty to do. Excellent implementation of DLC, which was desperately needed in the 3DS area.

I think the next region for Gen 9 will be Spain/Mexico or a return to a Japan based region.

But yes they need something solid now cause in sword and shield there was a unknown red aura in graphic and was not kinda that feel I have never played it but how much I have seen that's my opinion

And you can name the region as Mahon that is taken from marathi word 'mahan' meaning Great so that is my opinion that can be mahon Region

Attachments

• state-of-maharashtra-india-true-colour-satellite-image-E4DPHX.jpg
    state-of-maharashtra-india-true-colour-satellite-image-E4DPHX.jpg
    232.2 KB · Views: 50
Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom