• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Masters Current/Ongoing Events [Most Recent: Team Hoenn Unite!]

Incredibly miffed right now. Solgaleo rerun. Got mine 5/5 20/20 first time around already.

So I decide to get extra copies for power-up tickets.

Except it are 3-star power-up tickets. For getting a dupe of a 5-star. You get a 3-star ticket.

And then you exchange 20 Solgaleo potential tickets for a whopping... 2 5-star tickets! Yes, folks! 2 5-star tickets!

Like, new players get a free 5-star 20/20 strong Steel-unit (Who's pretty much only worse than Steven. Who gets good at 3/5 and is limited.) but the players who already got it get... essentially nothing.

After the same thing happened with the Rayquaza rerun, I had hoped they had changed it but god damn is this a shame. An absolute fucking shame. We're going back to the game environment we had during launch period, and let me tell you, that was not a pleasant game environment.
I feel ya. I maxed out every legendary event the first time the run EXCEPT for Silver and Ho-oh. They've redone Mewtwo. They've redone Rayquaza. They've redone Solgaleo TWICE now. I still need Ho-oh!!!

But yeah, if that's all you get from this then it doesn't really seem worth bothering with.

I feel ya. I maxed out every legendary event the first time the run EXCEPT for Silver and Ho-oh.

Man, Silver and Ho-Oh is a sad story. Victims of not being able to be 5/5 20/20'd and literally invalidated by Red and Charizard.

Legendary Events used to be great. They were grindy but they were great and the grind paid off with stuff from the shop but this is just an absolute middle finger to players.

Man, Silver and Ho-Oh is a sad story. Victims of not being able to be 5/5 20/20'd and literally invalidated by Red and Charizard.

Legendary Events used to be great. They were grindy but they were great and the grind paid off with stuff from the shop but this is just an absolute middle finger to players.

Not to mention it looks like they might start monetizing legendaries (ie. Gloria and Zacian) so this worries me even more

Not to mention it looks like they might start monetizing legendaries (ie. Gloria and Zacian) so this worries me even more

Honestly, I'm fully expecting N to drop with Zekrom now. I always thought it would be Zoroark, but with Zacian going to Gloria (WHich is a fucking dick move by the way. Not just the fact it's a gacha pair but also the entire event surrounding it) nothing holds up anymore.

(this does not just go for N, but think also of Maxie with Groudon, Archie with Kyogre, etc. This is the worst timeline.)

Honestly, on one hand, I sort of understand it from a business pov. Popular female trainer and sword doggo sells!

But at the same time, why betray the current format of free legendaries? Like bruh, come on now

Honestly, on one hand, I sort of understand it from a business pov. Popular female trainer and sword doggo sells!

But at the same time, why betray the current format of free legendaries? Like bruh, come on now

I think the reason people liked Legendary Events cause it was a free semi-powerful unit with a cool Pokémon that freed up slots of the respective characters to be an actual gacha pair with their more signature Pokémon. Now they locked one behind a gacha pair (And made it very underwhelming in terms of power and grid too). Like, literally expected Scorbunny/Cinderace and now we got a glorified Legendary Events as a limited pair (Which is also weird since all the protags bar special forms like Sygna Suits have gone into the permanent pool thus far) that wasn't even a good event and that made the unit good only for that event. (It says a lot that Solgaleo, the second or so Legendary Event we had, is still the second best Steel-striker in the game. And that's only if you have 3/5 Steven. Then he's the best even if he's a bit slow).

From a corporate standpoint. Trust me, if N drops with Zekrom, I'll roll faster than you can say his name. But in terms of what it used to be anymore, it's a bit of a douche move. (Then again, DeNa is notorious for this kind of stuff after luring you into a false sense of security so I don't think we should be this surprised at it.)

Kind of disappointed in the May event not gonna lie, story-wise anyways. It all practically boiled down to battles and almost little spotlight on May, and topped it all off with a photo op.

:(

And Norman went to get milk!

Honestly, the most disappointed thing is Sceptile not being able to go Mega.

It's suffering being Sceptile.

I'm also disappointed with the Legendary Events. I could understand why Gloria and Zacian were thrown in the gotcha machine since they're new, but getting a powerful Legendary Pokemon guaranteed was so neat and really helped the free to play players out.

I've been struggling so much with the Hoenn event Full Force battles. I can't really make it past the Super Hard level. My most reliable team for this event has been Starmie, Swana and Sharpedo, but I can't seem to get pass Emboar. I don't have a lot of Ground types to take care of it either, so I'm not sure what to do about it. I might try Empoleon again, but I was having more success with Sharpedo by comparison.

Yeah, a returning player friend of mine has the same issue. He's unable to get past a specific level cause of specific units being needed.

These events lure you into a sense of "You can do this without pulling" but then they hit you with levels you need to featured unit for and all falls to pieces.

Unless you use Red and Charizard but then you get no bonuses, sadly. (And a Rock-type opponent forces you to run eithsr a healer or defense buffer support so even less bonuses.)

Yeah, a returning player friend of mine has the same issue. He's unable to get past a specific level cause of specific units being needed.

These events lure you into a sense of "You can do this without pulling" but then they hit you with levels you need to featured unit for and all falls to pieces.

Unless you use Red and Charizard but then you get no bonuses, sadly. (And a Rock-type opponent forces you to run eithsr a healer or defense buffer support so even less bonuses.)

They have gone back and forth between where you can get through an event without needing the Sync Pair for an event, which is frustrating and annoying, especially when I still want to get N before getting May. I've also seen videos of other people being able to win with free to play teams, but I either have worse luck or I don't have the right Lucky Skills. I hadn't thought of using Red and Charizard though. That is my only six star Sync Pair thus far, so that might help with at least dealing with Emboar.

They have gone back and forth between where you can get through an event without needing the Sync Pair for an event, which is frustrating and annoying, especially when I still want to get N before getting May. I've also seen videos of other people being able to win with free to play teams, but I either have worse luck or I don't have the right Lucky Skills. I hadn't thought of using Red and Charizard though. That is my only six star Sync Pair thus far, so that might help with at least dealing with Emboar.

It's situations like these where I think co-op would have been great.

You know, if they didn't decide to let it die a slow and painful death.

It's situations like these where I think co-op would have been great.

You know, if they didn't decide to let it die a slow and painful death.

Co-op for these full force battles would be such a big help. There were times where I still struggled with the co-op battles, but being able to play with other players really helped a lot. It is a shame that they just abandoned it. I think it could have been improved upon instead of tossed aside. They also need to make Lucky Skills easier to get. I stopped going through the Battle Villa because it was so tedious and boring and the events to get the cookies are too short. Since they seem even more important for the last couple of events, they should be more easily accessible to players.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom