• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN053: Catch the Legend!? Find the Guardian of Water - Suicune!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we really going to count training Magikarp to leap to the moon here? That entire episode was nothing but complete nonsense from beginning to end. I think it's the only episode of any Pokemon series where I honestly asked myself what the heck I was watching. We really aren't supposed to take that episode seriously, so I don't think it's fair to use that episode to make Goh look like a better trainer. Or at least it doesn't make sense to me given the ridiculous tone of the episode.

Goh definitely doesn't have a natural ability to battle either. He's improved over time, but he certainly wasn't gifted at battle from the start. Goh isn't the first main character to catch a Legendary Pokemon. I think too many people are overlooking that Suicune was clearly injured, thus making it easier for Goh to catch it than if they had another Raid Battle.
I was just making a joke about Goh’s supposed origin of how he’s meant to be the Let’s Go player...damn...

Well, all my hopes got crushed....
I wished for the return of the Suicune from Johto, Minaki reappearing....
At this point I don't care if Gou catches it or not.
Everything was ruined by that preview.
The capture is undermined by the spoiler/bait, what makes me upset is how the producers are handling the promos.
Making us discuss if he gets it or not, some fans picking up fights with others over it.....
That's what it wrecks this episode, teasing the fandom to make it react in some way or another.

Being honest, I always wanted Satoshi to catch Suicune, the one I mentioned before I mean.
Still; the poachers getting away with it could have been the prelude of an Arc, at least.....

I don’t think the goal is to “tease the fandom” the goal is to get people to want to watch the episode. That being said, Pokemon plots are rarely intricate and are usually pretty predictable anyway. Sure, it can be baity, but misleading promos are hardly a feature unique to the Pokémon anime.

For all we know, that preview may have shown every major aspect of the episode, or perhaps there’s still a few more surprises left.
The series has left a few surprises with the previews, most notably Ash PWC battles - no-one was expecting Dragonite to face both of Korrina’s Pokemon, and no-one was expecting Ash to lose 2-0 to Bea.
Then again, the preview for that Pikachu evolving episode was blatantly obvious, as well as the Mewtwo episode giving away most of the episode.

We should keep an open-mind, if Goh does capture Suicuine, maybe there will be a bonding to strengthen that relationship within the episode, or Goh releases it to be free and protect the wildlife. Maybe, it’s a Ditto/Zoura. Im looking forward to it.

Regardless of the circumstances, I really hope Goh doesn't get to keep Suicune.

Goh being able to successfully catch and keep a legendary within this point of his career would be like Ash managing to defeat an Elite Four member in battle while he was still a greenhorn in Kanto.

Goh is already being accused of becoming a 'creator's pet' at this point, this episode isn't going to help matters.

Goh isn’t catching Suicune this coming episode, maybe he’ll catch more legendary Pokémon in the future but they are misdirecting with the preview - and besides, does anyone seriously expect Goh to complete his Pokédex? We know he won’t catch Jynx, Porygon, maybe not Kadabra - nevermind how unlikely it is he’ll catch Mewtwo and Arceus.

He’s not guaranteed to catch Suicune at all, let alone in this episode.

Goh isn’t catching Suicune this coming episode, maybe he’ll catch more legendary Pokémon in the future but they are misdirecting with the preview - and besides, does anyone seriously expect Goh to complete his Pokédex? We know he won’t catch Jynx, Porygon, maybe not Kadabra - nevermind how unlikely it is he’ll catch Mewtwo and Arceus.

He’s not guaranteed to catch Suicune at all, let alone in this episode.
I could imagine them shoving Porygon, Porygon2 and Porygon-Z into a montage of Goh capturing Pokemon, but in a very subtle way, like Ren is having trouble with his computer, Goh throws a Pokeball at the screen, and that captures all three of them.
I dunno...that’s the best I could come up with.

I could imagine them shoving Porygon, Porygon2 and Porygon-Z into a montage of Goh capturing Pokemon, but in a very subtle way, like Ren is having trouble with his computer, Goh throws a Pokeball at the screen, and that captures all three of them.
I dunno...that’s the best I could come up with.
They would have to appear in cerise park. There is no way the writers will unban Porygon just for Goh to catch it. And then there are Arceus and Bidoof.

They would have to appear in cerise park. There is no way the writers will unban Porygon just for Goh to catch it. And then there are Arceus and Bidoof.
I forgot to mention they never show the computer screen with them (Progygons) on it. Our perspective to be is behind the computer, and all we see is Goh throw a Pokeball, and we hear the Pokédex notify of something’s capture.

I forgot to mention they never show the computer screen with them (Progygons) on it. Our perspective to be is behind the computer, and all we see is Goh throw a Pokeball, and we hear the Pokédex notify of something’s capture.
They would have to appear in cerise park. There is no way the writers will unban Porygon just for Goh to catch it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom