• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN056: Gampi of The Big Four! The Hall of Chivalry!!

I think they are fed up with the fact that they make it seem that Satoshi has to play second violin to Gou.
Also, I just looked through a lot of brazilian tweets in the PokeAni tag on Twitter, and dangggg.... I am not exagerating when I claim I saw everybody talking bad about this anime and like 5 people droping this series. If you can read portuguese you will know I'm not lying. You can check it for yourself.

Ok, but what does that have to do with it? If anything, the fact that the evolution is so low-key helps to not take too much focus away from Ash, so what’s the problem?
I’d say it’s more so that just adding more to a growing list where, even if the episode is more focused on Ash, Go still has to walk away with something, which was the case in the Visquez, Korrina, both Bea and Galarfetch’d development episodes. Meanwhile, when Go gets focus, Ash gets nothing out of the episode. I think that that double standard is getting on people’s nerves.

I actually really liked this episode and didn’t feel Goh hogged screentime, even if I do see where people are coming from with that complaint. Onto my points...

-I liked how Farfetch’d was portrayed here. Him trying to muscle through the challenges and getting punished for it, hesitating to accept Ash’s help, throwing a fight to prevent Ash from getting hurt afterwards, it all felt very satisfying. I also liked the subtle detail of him being the only one not exhausted after the magnetized track and field.

-Ash keeping up his leek training to better understand Farfetch’d and keeping Not-Wally’s battle in mind was some very nice characterization, and his tolerance and support of angry duck sold him for me this time.

-Wikstrom’s training camp was a surprisingly creative series of exercises and I like how invested he was in personally training them and giving pointers. His crying gag was kinda jarring but Aegislash offering tissues made me snort.

-The battle at the end was... not as good as I hoped, but I appreciate the development and the Aegislash focus. Not sure what Detect did there, though?

-Wikstrom giving swords to kids and attacking them... I’m sure he wouldn’t have actually decapitated Ash there, but it was still a little weird.

-Scyther’s evolution happening inside the pokeball was a cop out.

Overall, pretty solid ep.

Also, I just looked through a lot of brazilian tweets in the PokeAni tag on Twitter, and dangggg.... I am not exagerating when I claim I saw everybody talking bad about this anime and like 5 people droping this series. If you can read portuguese you will know I'm not lying. You can check it for yourself.
Do you have a link?

I was glad I was going to watch an episode focused on Ash after a long time. I looked at the episode again disappointing.

Even in this episode, Goh got ahead of Ash.

I hope this will be the last season of Ash. The writers officially waste Ash.

I was glad I was going to watch an episode focused on Ash after a long time. I looked at the episode again disappointing.

Even in this episode, Goh got ahead of Ash.

I hope this will be the last season of Ash. The writers officially waste Ash.

Got ahead? They’re not even competing—well, except in your head and the heads of half the other people in this accursed fandom.

I am going to wait for subs to judge this episode but I am glad Kamon didn't evolve. It already seems like the DP Obstacle Episode (Pikachu Vs Snorlax) was much better than this one.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom