• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Amoonguss, Shiinotic, and Skwovet were all species that were highlighted in one of the recent Wild Area News events. If you connected to the Internet at that time, you would have received this data, which opens up a second pool consisting of those species for each Den to draw from.
Ah. I haven't really paid attention to those. I figured they didn't apply to me since I don't have a Switch Online subscription yet.

Although, according to the page you linked, the event for those Pokemon ended over a month ago...

EDIT: After actually reading the wiki's page on Wild Area News, I discovered the issue: I needed to use Mystery Gift to update the dens. I haven't used Mystery Gift since I got the KIBO Pikachu in January... which, according to the wiki, was the week they were doing the event with the Swovet and such.

Last edited:
Can my question here not be ignored/skipped over, please? I really would like some help before I spend even more time trying to get ONE of these damn berries...
Nobody's intentionally snubbing you. If someone else is replying to a question and not yours, it's just because they know the answer to someone else's question but don't know the answer to yours.

I was playing Fire Red when this error occured on my GBA. I have a legit cartridge that was purchased from Walmart back when it first came out and has all the correct markings of a legit Fire Red cartridge inside and outside. I reset the game and at first my save file was gone and I took the cartridge out and blew air into it and put it back in and my save file is there again thankfully but I am worried his will happen again. What should I do to prevent this?

Are there any rematchable trainers who give a lot of experience in HeartGold and SoulSilver? I want to grind some Pokémon I've EV trained to level 50.

Why does Giovanni wear two rings on his left hand in LGPE?

I played through the whole game and never noticed it, and only realised he had two rings on his fingers after seeing this picture:

1F091BC8-C9F6-411A-8077-E25CA1261339.jpeg
What do you think those are? Is the emerald one a Mega Ring, and is the other one a wedding ring?

Why does Giovanni wear two rings on his left hand in LGPE?

I played through the whole game and never noticed it, and only realised he had two rings on his fingers after seeing this picture:

View attachment 140120What do you think those are? Is the emerald one a Mega Ring, and is the other one a wedding ring?

I would think they're just decorative, since he's a wealthy man. There's no particular evidence that the middle one would be a Mega Ring - it doesn't have the Mega Evolution symbol like Lysandre's ring does, and Giovanni doesn't use any Mega Evolution in that game even though the feature is present, so it would be unusual to give him a Mega Ring without allowing him to use it.

The other one could be a wedding ring, or it could not be - I'd say that's pretty much up to the player to decide, since there is no canonical answer.

Are there any trainers (before you become champion) that use any Alola Forms? I ask because I am stumped on what to do with them. I am going to do a challenge and write a story to go with it.

Are there any trainers (before you become champion) that use any Alola Forms? I ask because I am stumped on what to do with them. I am going to do a challenge and write a story to go with it.
Well, there a quite a few trainers that use them, like Hau and Nanu. In fact, the only trainers that use Kantonian forms are Tourists.

I’m playing through my gen 3 games trying to complete the Pokédex, but every time I try to trade Pokémon with hold item evolutions they don’t evolve and my item disappears. Anyone know why this is?

I'm not sure if this is the right thread to ask this, and if it's not can someone guide me to the right area? I couldn't find anywhere else to ask this (or maybe I'm just blind).

Anyways, this has to deal with Pickpocket Weavile. Say I give it a Focus Sash and use Counter on an opponents Pokemon hitting me with a physical move. It causes Weavile's Focus Sash to activate, thus getting a hard hitting Counter. My question is, would Pickpocket activate and steal the other Pokemon's item before it fainted to Counter (if it did faint that is)?

Anyways, this has to deal with Pickpocket Weavile. Say I give it a Focus Sash and use Counter on an opponents Pokemon hitting me with a physical move. It causes Weavile's Focus Sash to activate, thus getting a hard hitting Counter. My question is, would Pickpocket activate and steal the other Pokemon's item before it fainted to Counter (if it did faint that is)?

From Pickpocket (Ability) - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia :
"[Picketpocket] activates after the user consumes a single-use item due to the attack that hit it, such as a Focus Sash. Consequently, the Pokémon that has Pickpocket will always end up with the item."
So I think the answer is yes?

I know this says Gen 1-7 but I can't find the appropriate thread so I'll just ask here. If I reach the Master Ball rank in SWSH and I lose a match, do I still drop a rank or do I stay at Master Ball until the next month?

I know this says Gen 1-7 but I can't find the appropriate thread so I'll just ask here. If I reach the Master Ball rank in SWSH and I lose a match, do I still drop a rank or do I stay at Master Ball until the next month?

You could just start a new thread in the Sword and Shield sub-forum. That's where this would be best suited. I am sorry I can't help with your question however, I havent tried the whole tournament thing at all.

You could just start a new thread in the Sword and Shield sub-forum. That's where this would be best suited. I am sorry I can't help with your question however, I havent tried the whole tournament thing at all.

I don't know if this goes here but I don't know where else to put it.

I was playing through Pokémon Platinum and this just happened.
1614915576905.png
1614915606860.png

Is it some sort of glitch? I cannot find anything about it on Bulbapedia.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom