• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Legends: Arceus General Discussion

I do wonder about the choice of Rowlet, Cyndaquil, and Oshawott as starters. They are an odd trio to select from. Might go with Rowlet since of the three, I have not used Rowlet.

An Archer, an samurai and... no idea, a delinquent ferret? I can place 2 of them, 1 I can't place.

You know what I think would be awesome?

If 10-year-old Cynthia were to appear in this game similar to how LGPE had the little girl Mina.

This game appears to take place in the ancient past, long before Cynthia was born. We might see Cynthia's ancestor though in the same way we see Lucas/Dawn's ancestors.

You know what I think would be awesome?

If 10-year-old Cynthia were to appear in this game similar to how LGPE had the little girl Mina.

I doubt CYnthia is a thousand years old.

This game appears to take place in the ancient past, long before Cynthia was born. We might see Cynthia's ancestor though in the same way we see Lucas/Dawn's ancestors.

Those aren't even their ancestors. It's just them with feudal-era clothing.

So the leak was true. Pokémon Breath of the Wild.
Actually RPGs have a long history with non-linear games so there are other comparisons, really:
*Pokémon Might and Magic
*Pokémon Ultima
*Pokémon Baldur's Gate
*Pokémon SaGa

Starters in the wild and your first partner being from mixed regions. Interesting. I already know I want my son Cyndaquil.

The interior of that building when you get your starter still looks fairly...modern-ish.

...Capturing without battles, huh? I guess it was inevitable.

But yeah, playing as ninja versions of Dawn and Lucas feels a bit much.

Still, very interested in seeing where this goes.
*Is it me or did we not see any trainer battles, though?
*I wonder if the town will grow over time, like a Suikoden fortress? Not expecting it but that would be cool.

One thing is for sure, Oshawott is my go-to-pick. I always loved the Oshawott line. Game looks great, but its 2022, so we still have a good ways to go.

I'm not sure if this is exactly going to be Pokemons "Breath of the Wild"...but it certainly seems like they're practicing for that in the future.

I bet this game will be the testing ground for the 9th generation. (I say that but gen 9 is probably already in development so it'll probably be similar to this game)

I get Rowlet and Oshawott, but why Cyndaquill? That's random.

I am liking the art style of the ancient Sinnoh region though. I hope there's more than one town though. And a bit more of a plot than just going around catching Pokemon and learning about Arceus.

It looks like the environment looked different during the old times, so what if we get a new kind of regional variants? Like how Primal Groudon/Kyogre are supposed to be their actual forms? Some pokemon might have "ancient" forms.

Ancient Infernape?

As in he's an actual Sun Wu Kong?

Is this why we get new starters!?

So... they're implying this might technically be a main series game. Am I reading into this too much?

I mean, I don't care, its rad either way.

Ancient Infernape?

As in he's an actual Sun Wu Kong?

Is this why we get new starters!?
I'm hyped for this idea. What if all the original Sinnoh starters get "ancient" forms?
Ancient Infernape like the protagonist for Journey to the West
Ancient Torterra being something similar to the legend of the Black Tortoise
Ancient Empoleon maybe representing a Poseidon/Triton-like figure.

They should have used Fennekin imo.

An Archer, a Samurai and a Wizard.

I kinda think we get some older and newer generation Pokemon in this one as well, who originated in Ancient Sinnoh but migrated to other regions with the arrival of the humans.

Legends Arceus might be the entry for more Ancient Style gameplay like this
Kanto game - Legends Mew
Johto Game - Legends Ho-Oh
Hoenn Game - Legends Rayquaza
Unova game - Legends Original Dragon
Kalos game - Legends Zygarde
Alola game - Legends Tapu's
Galar Game - Legends Calyrex

So... they're implying this might technically be a main series game. Am I reading into this too much?

I mean, I don't care, its rad either way.

I would say it looks like it is one, and it looks like it's being marketed as one. It's a new take on the formula, that's for sure. We need to broaden our idea of what is a main series game.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom