• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Hisui Dex Discussion

Bolt Strike

Bringing the Thunder
Reaction score
So we know that a core part of this game will be catching Pokemon to create the first ever Pokedex. What will the dex be like in these games? Will we see new Pokemon that weren't in the original DPPt?

I suspect there will be new Pokemon, and we have hints of such. The starters are foreign. We see a painting of Spheal on a beach with Piplup in the trailer. And it just makes sense to add more to this type of game. We'll have just finished a traditional remake that was also in Sinnoh, so if they just reuse the same pool of Pokemon that could get tiring. Plus it would get boring if the open world was just filled with the same type of Pokemon, right?

So we know that a core part of this game will be catching Pokemon to create the first ever Pokedex. What will the dex be like in these games? Will we see new Pokemon that weren't in the original DPPt?

I suspect there will be new Pokemon, and we have hints of such. The starters are foreign. We see a painting of Spheal on a beach with Piplup in the trailer. And it just makes sense to add more to this type of game. We'll have just finished a traditional remake that was also in Sinnoh, so if they just reuse the same pool of Pokemon that could get tiring. Plus it would get boring if the open world was just filled with the same type of Pokemon, right?

Yes, i think we will see new Pokemon that weren't in the Original dex (If not, the game is gonna be extremely barren otherwise, since we likely won't have many towns either). Spheal is already a good indicator. Maybe they make it so, that some Pokemon originally come from Sinnoh (Like Spheal for example, which would make sense, since Sinnoh is the coldest region to date), but migrated away because of the arrival of humans.

I'd like to note that the Spheal line is catchable in Platinum and Pearl, however, they are only available in the Battle Zone.

It's not part of the dex though, and everything (or nearly everything) in this game should be in the Sinnoh Dex going by what they're doing with Dexit. While true, it's a fairly moot point, it's never been in the Dex and if they're showing it this early, it might not even be exclusive to the Battle Zone anymore.

Its also a possibility that some Pokemon in this game, don't have extra evolutions, but got them due to the environment becoming harder to live in because of the humans and they needed to adapt to survive. However, i don't expect pre-evo's that don't exist anymore for certain Pokemon that don't have them.

Maybe the fossils will have new forms? Like origin forms or something like this. It's a game that take place way before the Sinnoh we knew. So I think it's a possibility.

These games seem to be set in a Feudal-era Japan like setting. While no doubt there should be species that have gone extinct since then, I don't really think of fossil Pokemon being active in a time as recent as the Feudal era. I know, this is a game, they don't have to be perfectly scientifically accurate or anything, but that would seem strange to me if fossil Pokemon showed up.

Maybe the fossils will have new forms? Like origin forms or something like this. It's a game that take place way before the Sinnoh we knew. So I think it's a possibility.
Like I said in the other thread, the game has to be 100-1000 years in the past. Far too recent for fossil Pokemon to have pre-fossil forms.

But I still think there will be regional variants that went extinct ages ago in the game.

What era roughly in the real world was "feudal Japan" how far back in time are we going?

Considering the "lab", I want to say Edo and not feudal Japan.

Like I said in the other thread, the game has to be 100-1000 years in the past. Far too recent for fossil Pokemon to have pre-fossil forms.

But I still think there will be regional variants that went extinct ages ago in the game.

Considering the "lab", I want to say Edo and not feudal Japan.

And what time period was that? Which century?

I made an account just to mention something i realised. We probably wont see rotom and its forms in this game due to the obvious non existance of the technology that is the Pokemons gimmick. Similar with fossil mons unless theres some ancient way of bringing them back to life.

Personally I won't mind if they don't stick too strictly to the Pokemon available in the original Diamond and Pearl games.

I mean, in newer regions we usually have a diverse selection of Pokemon from all different regions. If Pokemon Diamond and Pearl were released today they would have had a lot more Pokemon from other gens in them.

I think I'd be alright with the Diamond/Pearl remakes being a more strict recreation and letting the Legends game retcon the pokedex a little bit.

I wonder if this means Turtwig, Chimchar, and Piplup will be catchable. Turtwig could reside in "Eterna Forest," Chimchar along the cliffs of "Mt. Coronet," and Piplup the icy waters of "Snowpoint City."

Piplup already seems to be catchable on a beach.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom