• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Closed Hey maybe I should do my headcanons here (OUTDATED)

- Whitney would definitely want to be also a Fairy Type trainer, but in my case I think the Johto League would allow it, I mean Blue can use all the types he wants :ROFLMAO:. Now I imagine her with a Galarian Ponyta :giggle:.

True. We've gotta love Blue for doing whatever he wants.
And yes, Whitney would certainly have a Galarian Ponyta.

If you want to be part of the chat please let me know, if you don't want it's fine, but I don't want to add you to the chat without your permission.

Thank you for the offer, but I want to stay out of message chats. I'm sorry.

Diantha, Wallace, Gladion, and Morty are theatre kids
Diantha and Wallace are theatre kids (Classic theatre/musical subtype) and Gladion and Morty are also theatre kids (Modern musical subtype), I have decided.

Lance is Archie Andrews from Riverdale I guess
Way back when he was a jock in high school, Lance knew the triumphs and defeats, the epic highs and lows of high school football, something none of the other Champions can say.

Gracefulshipping/MikuNagi (Wallace x Winona)
Gracefulshipping/MikuNagi (Wallace x Winona)
  1. Wallace is the biggest sap you’ll ever meet. His love language is dramatic, like something you’d read in a romance novel. At the same time, he knows that Winona prefers smaller gestures of love. That isn’t to say she hates or doesn’t appreciate his grander gestures (though they can be, at times, a little embarrassing, especially that one time when he tried serenading her and ended up falling into the pool of his Gym, but that’s a story for another time). It’s just that a simple kiss in the morning is enough, even something she’ll cherish throughout the day.
  2. Speaking of kissing, favorite kissing places include hands, fingers, neck, and collarbone.
  3. They write each other poetry and exchange it via Wingull
  4. They’re both perfectionists. They always tell the other to take better care of themselves, only to not follow their own advice.
  5. They have a whole “almost get killed trying to save the Hoenn region and then make out afterwards” schtick going on, much to Steven’s chagrin.
  6. They’re both super squeamish, but when one of them is hurt, the other tries their best to take care of them. Wallace sometimes looks up Winona's symptoms to make sure she's okay, panics, and takes her to the doctor only to find out that it's just the common cold. Winona has some knowledge of first aid.
  7. Sometimes, Wallace accompanies Winona to the doctor if things could get too icky, and vice versa.
  8. When it’s snowing or raining, Wallace will sometimes wrap his cape around Winona so she won’t get cold. The problem is that Wallace gets cold more easily than Winona, so he kinda needs the cape more.
  9. Wallace’s pet names for Winona include “darling”, “my love”, and “my angel”, as well as “Astéri mou” (Greek for “my star”). He almost always signs off his letters to her with the last one.
  10. Occasionally, his pet names are less like pet names and more like long epithets like “my North Star, who shines beautifully in the night sky, who guides me, who shines hope into my life…”
  11. Winona doesn’t use pet names as often as Wallace, though she’ll also use “darling”, "lover boy", and, on the occasion, “Luvdisc”.
  12. Neither one is too keen on PDA, though they’ll occasionally sneak away during public gatherings to steal just one quick kiss (okay, maybe it’s not just one kiss, and maybe it’s not quick).
  13. Date locations usually take place in natural environments like forests and the oceanside, though they’ll sometimes just stay at home or wander around their hometowns. Wallace gets nervous about eating in public, so restaurants are usually a no go.
  14. Winona’s secretly a sucker for being the little spoon. Her and Wallace’s favorite sleeping position is facing each other, with Winona resting her head against Wallace’s chest and Wallace’s arm draped around Winona.
  15. Neither of them can cook. Uh oh.
  16. At least they can both do housework.
  17. They like slow waltzing.
  18. Wallace likes to take Winona on joyrides (don’t tell her but he doesn’t have a driver’s license).
  19. Winona likes to take Wallace flying with her, though he always holds on tightly from the moment they takeoff to the moment they land.
  20. Hugs. They love hugs.

Last edited:
Sootopolis stones
It's common in Sootopolis City for couples to exchange Heart Scales as a symbol of their love. Some even go to special jewelers to get them made into beautiful necklaces.
Gemstones also play a part in Sootopolitan culture.
Rubies symbolize the land and sun and represent Groudon. Many farmers' most important tools are decorated with them.
Sapphires symbolize the sea and rain and represent Kyogre. Sailors often wear jewelry with them to pray for calm, easy travels.
Emeralds symbolize the sky and peace and represent Rayquaza. Emissaries often keep emerald trinkets on hand during diplomatic missions.
Pearls are associated with wealth, love (more specifically in the eros sense), and beauty. Occasionally, they're also associated with the mythical Pokémon Jirachi, so they also represent the stars and good luck.

Last edited:
Wallace is a pansexual icon don't @ me
Wallace is a pansexual icon. So is Milotic.
In an interview, Wallace made a joke about blue Luvdisc and the next day, blue Luvdisc Pokémon dolls were seen in stores.

Hoenn government stuff
Hoenn is made up of a collection of semi autonomous states (including mainland Hoenn, Sootopolis City, Pacifidlog Town, etc.) that have their own local governments, in addition to representatives in the regional government.

Bianca|Caitlin|Shauntal|Cynthia|Iris 20 headcanons
How great! You know I'm a fan of your headcanons :bulbaLove:. Bianca, Caitlin, Shauntal, Cynthia and Iris please. Happy Women's Day! :giggle:

CW/ Parental death (Cynthia and Iris)
Bianca
  1. She stole Cheren’s glasses, changed the lenses, and made them prettier after Cheren switched to contacts. Maybe it’s a Ship of Theseus kind of situation, but shhhhhh.
  2. She’s interested in studying Pokémon assisted therapy.
  3. She’s pretty good at singing. She’s a soprano.
  4. Sometimes, as a joke, she tells people outside of Unova that she’s Unova’s Champion.
  5. She talks a lot during movies, so be warned.
  6. She especially loves romantic movies.
  7. She gets super emotional over movies, books, etc.
  8. She loves shopping.
  9. She did cheer for one year but gave up.
  10. When she was younger, she was obsessed with this one Unovan boy band. Their music is still a guilty pleasure for her.
  11. She really loves celebrating holidays.
  12. She sometimes does grocery errands for people in exchange for cookies.
  13. She loves aromatherapy.
  14. She thinks philosophy majors are pretentious, which is a problem because Brycen is a philosophy major.
  15. She’s really good at cutting hair.
  16. She loves smoothies and iced coffee.
  17. She goes to the local café with a friend or two every morning.
  18. She love love LOVES puffy jackets. She thinks they’re adorable.
  19. She thinks cool Pokémon are overrated. This has gotten her into more than a few arguments.
  20. Her hair is naturally red, but she dyed it.

Caitlin
  1. She loves milk and cookies.
  2. After joining the Unova Elite Four, she handed the Battle Castle over to Darach.
  3. Even now, she sometimes gets overly angry, but tea always calms her down.
  4. She really needs to stop dozing off at work.
  5. Sometimes she’ll get lazy and not want to clean her Unova Villa, so she’ll call Darach and tell him to get his butt over from Sinnoh to Unova to clean her villa.
  6. She was banned from Pokémon battles for a while until she could get control of her psychic powers.
  7. She loves chocolate.
  8. She collects expensive jewelry.
  9. She’s known for wearing extravagant outfits with lots of tulle at important parties and gatherings.
  10. She doesn’t snore and dislikes people who snore.
  11. She makes the other Unova Elite Four members treat her like royalty.
  12. When provoked, she can throw a person over her shoulder.
  13. She can clapback when she needs to.
  14. She buys overpriced shoes to spite Grimsely.
  15. Speaking of which, her rivalry with Grimsely is intense. Even when they’re not exchanging heated insults, they’re exchanging death stares.
  16. She once conned him out of a hundred thousand Pokédollars (Around 900 USD, assuming Pokédollars are equivalent to yen). One of her greatest accomplishments.
  17. She respects the other Elite Four members and Champions.
  18. She can sing opera really well, but she doesn’t often.
  19. She can play harp and flute.
  20. She eats popsicles with her teeth.

Shauntal
  1. She shamelessly writes fanfiction.
  2. She stays up all night writing with her Ghost type Pokémon.
  3. She reads the dictionary and thesaurus front to back.
  4. She thinks Bug types are stinky :)
  5. Psychic types are on thin ice for her but she tolerates them for Caitlin.
  6. She follows around League members to get inspiration for her stories, much to their confusion.
  7. She’ll play wingwoman when her friends are in love with or dating someone.
  8. She didn’t know how to use commas in the third grade and she is haunted by this knowledge every day.
  9. Her favorite number is four.
  10. She ghost wrote a paranormal romance novel for Morty so he could make money and pay off a debt.
  11. Morty’s her beta reader.
  12. Grimsley’s her partner in crime.
  13. Her hidden talent is dancing. She can learn any dance in under an hour.
  14. She loves cheesy cartoon shows.
  15. She has no concept of time.
  16. She really likes cats.
  17. She hates math.
  18. She can’t use a toaster oven or an oven.
  19. Sometimes she goes days eating nothing but bread and granola bars.
  20. She makes playlists for different moods so she can get in the mood when writing.

Cynthia
  1. She enjoys theatre, and she's a contralto.
  2. She really likes reading plays, especially tragedies.
  3. She’s a big literature nerd in general. She even considered majoring in Classical Literature before she settled on Sinnohan Mythology.
  4. She’s also (sort of) a party girl. Not, like, a hard party girl, but she does like parties, both formal and informal.
  5. She drinks really hot coffee.
  6. She goes to the spa every Saturday. Self care is important.
  7. She respects every Champion except Wallace (it’s complicated). That episode where she told Dawn to send him her regards? A veiled jab that only he would know means “I hope you trip over that cape of yours and get it all muddy.”
  8. She’s best friends with Leon, Steven, Diantha, and Raihan.
  9. Her relationship with Lance is… complicated, they respect each other, but they’re also sort of enemies?
  10. She’s friends with every female member of the Pokémon League.
  11. And friends with almost everyone in Sinnoh, tbh.
  12. She does random acts of kindness for everyone she meets. She just wants to make the world a better place.
  13. After her parent’s death when she was four, Cynthia moved in with her grandmother. Cynthia moved out after she became Champion.
  14. She’s good at hand to hand combat.
  15. She loves gothic horror.
  16. She always has chocolate on hand because she loves it so much.
  17. She was a goth, a jock, a nerd, and a prep, at different times and all at once.
  18. She tried Contests when she was a teen, but she gave up on them soon after.
  19. She sometimes goes mining with Roark and Byron.
  20. She sometimes does photo shoots for magazines, thanks to Diantha’s convincing.

Iris
  1. She has lots of pretty dresses, though she also loves winter clothes.
  2. However, she hates the cold. She can’t stand it. Or Ice types. Or Brycen.
  3. She knows a lot about Unova’s legends and folktales.
  4. She’s gained worldwide recognition for her skills, but she doesn’t let the fame get to her head.
  5. Leon is her cousin (yes I know that screenshot was fake but it’s still canon in my heart). Through this connection, she’s become best friends with Raihan. They talk a lot about Dragon type Pokémon.
  6. She’s also best buddies with the other eighth Gym Leaders.
  7. She’s really invested in horoscopes.
  8. Cynthia and Clair are her idols.
  9. She was orphaned at a pretty young age, so she was raised by the other members of the Village of Dragons and Drayden.
  10. She doesn’t like cities.
  11. She’s quick to make friends with people.
  12. She collects odds and ends she finds while travelling and training.
  13. She’s good at imitating bird Pokémon calls. And whistling. She’s great at whistling.
  14. She loves rain. She thinks it’s so pretty and refreshing.
  15. Cheren tutors her in science in exchange for battles items.
  16. She’s really good at math and budgeting.
  17. She loves shiny things, especially gold things.
  18. She’s really good at acting.
  19. She respects her elders.
  20. She loves giving and receiving hugs.

Eating Disorders in the world of Coordinators
Eating Disorders in the world of Coordinators (inspired by the thread Is being a Pokemon Coordinator (or Performer) more stressful than a Pokemon Trainer on a badge quest?, as well as a story I've been writing over the past month)
Mental illness, especially eating disorders, aren't too well discussed in the world of Coordinators, despite the fact that Coordinators are three times more likely to suffer from eating disorders compared to Trainers and despite the fact that several prominent Coordinators deal with or have dealt with them.

Fantina has dealt with body image issues as an offshoot of her desire to fit in and be perfect, but she, thankfully, has the support of her close friends. Wallace is recovering from starving/purging habits he developed as a way to cope with trauma and other negative emotions. During college, he even had to take a break from Contests because the stress of Contests, school, and Gym Leader duties were too much, worsening his disorder. Both Coordinators deal with these issues in private, with only a few close family members and friends knowing about them.

That being said, there are several resources available for Coordinators who are struggling. Nurse Joys, who commonly judge Contests, are always willing to lend a listening ear. Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh all have regional hotlines specifically for Coordinators. In addition, eating disorder awareness has been on the rise the past few years, with several programs starting that focus on educating, helping, and supporting Coordinators who are struggling.

Last edited:
Sinnoh
Why not do some Sinnoh headcanons to celebrate the Legends and BDSP announcements?

Sinnoh
  1. The Seal of Sinnoh depicts the golden cross wheel of Arceus, with the four jewels being two pearls and two diamonds.
  2. The region’s motto is “Through time and space, we prosper”
  3. Sinnoh’s main exports are iron and mineral products, coal, and semiconductors.
  4. Tourism, especially during the summer, is also an important industry.
  5. Sinnoh and Galar’s Pokémon Leagues have an ongoing, friendly rivalry. Every year, they hold a tournament, alternating between holding it in Jubilife City and Wyndon (sister cities to each other). Due to its lack of an Elite Four, Galar brings four of its strongest non League trainers along.
  6. Rowan has done some research on Mega Evolution, but it’s still very, very uncommon in Sinnoh, with only a few notable trainers using it.
  7. Every winter, Snowpoint City has its annual Snow and Ice Sculpting Contest. Sculptors from all over the world come to participate in the week-long event.
  8. Sinnoh, especially Hearthome City, has a large population of Kalosian immigrants.
  9. Bertha is the Little Old Lady from Pasadena.
    View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7f9hsFrKUY
  10. Veilstone City and Celadon City are sister cities, as are Sunyshore City and Olivine City.
  11. Veilstone City is in a bit of decay, with countless buildings not up to maintenance. To try to counter this, the city has tried to make itself a center of entertainment and tourism.
  12. Sinnoh has the lowest unemployment rate in the Pokémon nation.
  13. The region also prides itself on having lower crime rates compared to Kanto Johto, and Hoenn (and then we have Team Galactic come in but we don't talk about thatin Sinnoh—). However, places like Veilstone City do see their fair share of crime.
  14. With a worldwide decline in the coal industry, there is some fear that the Oreburgh Mine, which is currently thriving, will go out of business in the future, destroying the city’s economy and affecting the economy of the region as a whole. Because of this (and because of his love of fossils), Gym Leader Roark has been pushing the archaeology industry.
  15. While Sinnoh does grow a lot of its own food, it has to rely on imported food to support its whole population.
  16. There have been reports of people going into some sort of “void” and seeing Mythical Pokémon. There has been debate on whether this phenomenon is real or just a mirage/hallucination.
  17. After one too many incidents of Trainers doing it and causing a ruckus, using Honey/Sweet Scent in a Poké Mart is now a crime punishable by a fine of five thousand Pokédollars or being banned from the Poké Mart.
  18. Eterna City is facing the start of a demographic and economic decline, which Gym Leader Gardenia is trying to combat through the opening of museums.
  19. The Chairman of the Sinnoh League, John Yamada, is… okay? I mean, he’s not as bad as Cockburn in the Hoenn region, but he’s sort of apathetic.
  20. In Sinnoh, the Gym Leaders are closer to the Elite Four compared to other regions.

Incorrect quotes: Sonic 06 fandub
Pokémon characters as quotes from the Sonic 06 Fandub

Contains swearing

Lance: Look around you. Imagine: Dragons. Imagine: Gaming. On Fortnite... VR.
Wallace: I'm imagining the ocean because I've established that when I don't want to be somewhere that's what I think about.

Maxie: Wow [player character], go read a book or something. Se ya, idiot.
Player character: I can read very well, actually.

Volkner: Anyway, [Fantina], that's a nice purple you have there.
Fantina: Thanks, it's, uh, a good color on me. What do you think of my... [dress].
Volkner: I think it's nice. That's the purple I was referring to.

Lisia: I'll take one scoop, please.

Valerie: I—oh...okay...I can fly??? what???

Wallace (at Sky Pillar), to player character: So, this is the fabled Tilted Towers.

Avery: Look at this orb. Inside you will see the future. In your future, it looks like you'll kiss seven girls. How lucky for you.
Bede: Joke's on you! If you were a true copy of me, you'd know I'm gay!

Winona: Have you ever actually interacted with a woman in your life, [Maxie/Archie]?
Maxie/Archie: That doesn't matter. Check out this cool... gem I got on eBay for seven dollars.

Giratina: Anyway, welcome to my purple orb. It's time to go.
Cyrus: Wait, I don't think it's...ah!

Iris (when Opelucid City gets frozen over): Robots in the sky? This is just like that dream I had once! About robots in the sky.
Drayden: Tell it to us in excruciating detail, [Iris].
Iris: Well, it was a whole drea—bye!

Lusamine: All the gamers... all of the gamers will be on our side. We'll have an army of gamers to take on the world with!
Guzma: Yeah, well you say that like it's a threatening thing. Have you ever seen a gamer in real life before?

Everyone in the Ultra Recon Squad upon arriving in Alola: Oh my gosh this is... is that what a... tree looks like??? It's beautiful! Hey, wait. Is that a rock too???? Fuck yeah! This place rules!

Me to every Pokémon human character, every single day: Why don't you tell me your incredibly complicated backstory? In an interesting, long winded monologue? Complete with background visuals?

Player character (to friendly rivals, apparently): Oh wait, shit. You don't make this fun 'cause you're sad!

Lucian: You know, [player character], do you ever stop and think about how... this is
really—
Player character: All the time. All the time, [Lucian]. I can never stop thinking. Sends me into a fit. Always analyzing. Always so superior to everyone around me.

Back
Top Bottom