• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your controversial opinions

Mawile and other single-stage Pokemon having Mega Evolutions made me wish that they had given these forms to more single-stage Pokemon that could've used them especially Luvdisc and Dunsparce for example instead of Charizard, Mewtwo having two.

Also, regional variants should be given to an entire evolutionary line instead of just one Pokemon from the line.

Meanwhile try your hand at Digimon for a change. Royal Knights, Seven Demon Lords and Agumon everywhere. Literally everywhere. Like something else? Tough luck. Unlike Pokémon where the aforementioned get more spotlight cause they are popular but there is still plenty of room for other stuff that also gets attention (Albeit a bit less).
Considering I have that same complain with Ryu (Street Fighter), Cloud (Final Fantasy), Jibanyan (Yo-Kai Watch) and others... Believe, I'm not singling it out.

Too much freedom causes me anxiety.
You know, I related to that xD

I'd still prefer open-world though, but being an adult with decreased free time (due to work and other responsabilities) and other hobbies that are as time-consuming (if not more) than gaming (writing, drawing, watching anime\movie\series, reading, etc...), I feel anxious as well with long games since I always aim to beat them asap, so I can go on to the next xD

I just don’t like Charizard. It’s just not a very good Pokemon all things considered. And sure it got a buff with its two megas but those are gone now.

"Not a good Pokémon."

Yet Solar Power Charizard has uses in the most popular tier of competitive.

Sure, sure.

I actually don't think the DP remake's art style is as bad as people are saying. Sure, it's not SwSh level of quality, but I personally don't mind the chibi art style. Plus, I like that GF decided not to give Dawn and Lucas new designs. I didn't like the new character designs for the ORAS leads, so them keeping the DP leads' designs is a win for me.

Yet Solar Power Charizard has uses in the most popular tier of competitive.
I'm not a competitive man so I don't pay attention to that kind of stuff. I mean, its a hidden ability for petes sake. I don't have time to waste on that.

I'm not a competitive man so I don't pay attention to that kind of stuff. I mean, its a hidden ability for petes sake. I don't have time to waste on that.

But you said, and I quote:

I just don’t like Charizard. It’s just not a very good Pokemon all things considered. And sure it got a buff with its two megas but those are gone now.

Emphasis mine.

So you clearly haven't considered all aspects. To add to RK9's point, it has an actually decent usage percentage in VGC high level play as well - higher than Ferrothorn, Groudon, and both Calyrex-Riders for instance.

While it's fine to not care about the competitive part of Pokémon, and to not like a Pokémon in general, it's important to give credit where credit is due.

So you clearly haven't considered all aspects.
No I did not, and I will freely admit that. It's just one of those phrases I generally throw around for no reason other than it makes the sentence flow well. At least, from my perspective.

I like modern Pokémon games. I may be biased because my first games were modern Pokémon games, but I think they've got a lot of really good qualities. It's fine to not like modern games, that's a valid opinion, but some people get so... angry, especially with SwSh (I don't think I need to explain who toxic things got). I've even seen people say stuff like "why are people defending these games who's paying them" and it's like... people are allowed to like a game without selling out? Why would GF or anyone be paying me to like SwSh? What would they gain from that?

I like modern Pokémon games. I may be biased because my first games were modern Pokémon games, but I think they've got a lot of really good qualities. It's fine to not like modern games, that's a valid opinion, but some people get so... angry, especially with SwSh (I don't think I need to explain who toxic things got). I've even seen people say stuff like "why are people defending these games who's paying them" and it's like... people are allowed to like a game without selling out? Why would GF or anyone be paying me to like SwSh? What would they gain from that?
Thank! You!

Back
Top Bottom