• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bonjour!

olibriss

Reaction score
I'm a Pokemon fan since elementary school so it goes by itself that I join this community! I'm a french Canadian working in the animation industry, which I must admit Nintendo franchises definitely influenced my art through my carrer (Mario, Pokémon to name a few). Hopefully we can connect on similar passions and I am really glad to be part of this community!

If there is some of you that are interested to see what I do here is a little sneak peak (My first animated short film I directed 10 years ago):

Welcome! How cool that you're an animator, what other projects have you worked on? I ask because I love animation more than anything and I'm curious :giggle:. My dream is to be an animator and have my own animated series, but there're no opportunities for that in my country and for now I don't have the resources to move, so I feel like that dream is too far away. Your short is very funny, I especially like the ending, is very cute. I wish you luck and lots of fun in the forums :bulbaWave:.

Welcome! How cool that you're an animator, what other projects have you worked on? I ask because I love animation more than anything and I'm curious :giggle:. My dream is to be an animator and have my own animated series, but there're no opportunities for that in my country and for now I don't have the resources to move, so I feel like that dream is too far away. Your short is very funny, I especially like the ending, is very cute. I wish you luck and lots of fun in the forums :bulbaWave:.

Hi there! Really glad to meet a fellow animation lover here! I didn't worked on a lot of stuff outside of mine to be honest. I did a 2 years in commercial (see below) but outside of that, I mostly worked on my own stuff which you can find on my Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/OlivierBrisson/videos . Funny that you talk about animated series because I recently released a pilot episode for an animated series I entirely created independetly which I linked below as well. In any way, where are you from? I would be glad to give you some tips if you want to achieve your dream, it can take time, but I assure you, if you put the work into it, it is possible.

Thanks for your kind words and for showing your work. I'm from Venezuela, the economic and political situation in my country is going through difficult moments, my family is planning to move but that will take time. There're no places to study animation in my country so I would've had to move anyway, but the economic situation makes it more difficult. It would be an honor to hear advice from a professional animator, thanks again, good luck with your series :bulbaLove:.

I have a chat about favorite animated movies with other users, if you want you can join, it would be interesting to know the favorite movies of an animator. But of course if you don't want is totally fine, take care :giggle:.

Thanks for your kind words and for showing your work. I'm from Venezuela, the economic and political situation in my country is going through difficult moments, my family is planning to move but that will take time. There're no places to study animation in my country so I would've had to move anyway, but the economic situation makes it more difficult. It would be an honor to hear advice from a professional animator, thanks again, good luck with your series :bulbaLove:.

I have a chat about favorite animated movies with other users, if you want you can join, it would be interesting to know the favorite movies of an animator. But of course if you don't want is totally fine, take care :giggle:.

Yeah, if moving out of your country is out of the question for now, I would suggest you to try to learn a little by yourself, internet can be a pretty good teacher these days! You would also be ahead of your peers when you will be able to go to school which will give you a good advance to learn more!

What is that "chat" means exactly?

Hello, and welcome to the forums!

Hello and thank you!

welcome to the forums! :)

Thank you!

Yeah, if moving out of your country is out of the question for now, I would suggest you to try to learn a little by yourself, internet can be a pretty good teacher these days! You would also be ahead of your peers when you will be able to go to school which will give you a good advance to learn more!

What is that "chat" means exactly?

Hello and thank you!

Thank you!
She can invite you to a conversation with certain users, the chat is about sharing your favorite animated movies and shows

Thanks for your advice, it's exactly what I'm doing now, I'm taking courses online, I'm glad to know that I'm on the right track :giggle:. About the chat is like skywaffles said, if you accept I can add you to our chat and you can enter by pressing the envelope icon that is next to the bell.

Last edited:
Thanks for your advice, it's exactly what I'm doing now, I'm taking courses online, I'm glad to know that I'm on the right track :giggle:. About the chat is like skywaffles said, if you accept I can add you to our chat and you can enter by pressing the envelope icon that is next to the bell.

Oh perfect, yeah, sure, you can add me! I have to admit though, I am not that much of an active member, I might pass by here and there but I won't be able to be full present like in my old teenage days! Still, yeah, you can add me!

Oh perfect, yeah, sure, you can add me! I have to admit though, I am not that much of an active member, I might pass by here and there but I won't be able to be full present like in my old teenage days! Still, yeah, you can add me!
Thanks for accepting, and don't worry, you can comment whenever you want :giggle:.

I'm a Pokemon fan since elementary school so it goes by itself that I join this community! I'm a french Canadian working in the animation industry, which I must admit Nintendo franchises definitely influenced my art through my carrer (Mario, Pokémon to name a few). Hopefully we can connect on similar passions and I am really glad to be part of this community!

If there is some of you that are interested to see what I do here is a little sneak peak (My first animated short film I directed 10 years ago):

Whoaa this is sooo freakin cool!! Welcome aboard Olibriss!! Lovely to meet you.. :D

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom