• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Legends: Arceus General Discussion

This is not from the official pokemon site. I just went there and clicked on the Arceus page, did a Ctrl F for Trainers, whoever made or screenshot this image did not get it from Pokémon Legends: Arceus | Official Website. Did a quick scan on the Pokemon page on Twitter.
I did that screenshot, and it's on the official pokemon page not the Legends one:

Wow! So new pokemon confirmed in only a year from now! That's good news. Gen 4 pokemon extended...
Not really. Guys don't hype for nothing. They said the pokemon we will find may be different from those we caught in other games in Sinnoh. This may simply mean that Porygon (originally in d/p) is not in the game because it is a modern pokemon while Walrein (originally not in d/p) now is because they existed back then.
It's not impossible that new pokemon/forms are in the game simply because they needed new pokemon for new mechanics (like pokemon big enough for climbing while carrying the trainer etc.) but we have no official confirmation about that.
So there's this theory now...

So why did Cynthia decide to travel the world and steal foreign starters when she can simply stay in Sinnoh and catch the starters of the region she lives in? Guys Cynthia did not time-travel.

I still think it's new old Pokemon.

Like maybe one or two new Pokemon to tease Gen 9. But outside of that, they don't need to fill a half gen game with the usual 70 new Pokemon.
I mean they should really explain why the modern Sinnoh has notion of fossils that existed thousands of years ago but not of Pokemon that existed 150 years before...
I think new forms would fit better than new pokemon in this game.

I mean they should really explain why the modern Sinnoh has notion of fossils that existed thousands of years ago but not of Pokemon that existed 150 years before...
I think new forms would fit better than new pokemon in this game.
I mean I'm not completely ruling out fossils. But I feel like the extent will be some kind of collector or archeologist making a comment how they found a fossils that look like head plates of some kind and they match legends the natives have.

Maybe also due to being horseshoe crabs, kabuto still exist in tiny pockets in Sinnoh, but went fully extinct in modern times.

Speaking of ancestors... who are the player characters in this game? Are they the ancestors of Dawn and Lucas?
They certainly seem like it. I'm also wondering if the professor turns out to be someone's ancestor. And I'm also wondering what meaning that proto Galactic logo on the player characters' clothes could hold.

Speaking of ancestors... who are the player characters in this game? Are they the ancestors of Dawn and Lucas?
I don't think so. This game is like an old tale. The narrator reads the legend and that legend comes to life trough the game. I don't think we should really focus on the main characters or on the exact period of time of the game. Imo the main protagonists of Sinnoh will always be Lucas and Dawn, now they are simply "Lucas and Dawn of the past".

I don't think so. This game is like an old tale. The narrator reads the legend and that legend comes to life trough the game. I don't think we should really focus on the main characters or on the exact period of time of the game. Imo the main protagonists of Sinnoh will always be Lucas and Dawn, now they are simply "Lucas and Dawn of the past".
That's what I figured. It's Dawn and Lucas, but in the past. They are Sinnoh's Protagonists.

And I'm also wondering what meaning that proto Galactic logo on the player characters' clothes could hold.

Mundane answer but maybe Cyrus saw it while researching Sinnoh's mythology and decided to co-opt it for himself.

This definitely happens irl too, perhaps most infamously with the Nazi party hijacking the Swastika and a number of Norse symbols.

Seeing the older Poke Ball designs and my mentioning of Kurt earlier reminded me of this line Drayden said in B2W2.

When I was little, Poké Balls didn't exist yet. Sometimes Pokémon would run away from awful Trainers who didn't try to understand them.

I wonder if we'll ever get clarification on that line.

Will we get babby Drayden (how old IS he)? Probably not. He's not even from Sinnoh.

Last edited:
Do you guys think the distortion world will be in the game? We see the dark purple circle over Mt. Coronet in one of the leaked picture so I seriously hope we will able to visit an open (distortion) world (that will most likely run at 5fps).

Edit. Now that I think about it, considering Mt. Coronet is the Hyrule Castle of the game, of course Giratina will be our Calamity Ganon. So yeah.

I don’t think the Distortion World will be in the game. It’s based on the plot of Diamond or Pearl rather than Platinum (which we know because it’s divided into two versions). Thus the scene where we would encounter Giratina and be sent to the DW would be replaced by the scene where Palkia/Dialga begin to create a new world. Unless of course, they rewrite the plot to include both, but I don’t really see that happening.

Maybe they could include it in Turnback Cave?

Please note: The thread is from 11 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom