• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your controversial opinions

I apologize I miswrote that. I menat I dislike seeing youngers fans get into the granchise through newer entries only to see a bunch hate towards and get hit with backlash for gen 6, 7 and 8. Like imagine being a new person to the online fandom saying "Oh I love XY" only to get bombarded with twenty people telling you your opinion sucks, you're the reason why the franchise is going downhill and stuff. Like that would be a horrible experience, especially when you're young.
I really hate it when you try to justify yourself liking something disliked by the vocal minority of the internet and they strike back at you by saying something like, "So this is how Pokémon is going to die: with a round of applause and cheering." Some people just don't seem to remember that opinions are supposed to be, well, opinions. Although, admittedly, even I must sometimes remind remind myself of that.

Last edited:
Are you saying... he created Mega Charizard X and the Mega Mewtwos?

Someone definitely had to create the Mega Mewtwos.

The Charizard though... no idea since Charizard itself is not artificial like Mewtwo. With Mewtwo being made artificially and the Mega Stones being around since old ages, I don't think it's possible Mega Mewtwo is a 'natural' thing.

Which would also make sense that it has one physically offensive form and one specially offensive to hammer home the intention for what it was made for.

Some people just don't seem to remember that opinions are supposed to be, well, opinions. Although, admittedly, even I must sometimes remind remind myself of that.

I remember learning about fact and opinion in elementary school (forgot which grade specifically). There are like, two BrainPop videos about it.
I've been thinking of making a signature. Maybe it will include the links to those videos.
Probably not, but the point I'm trying to make is that opinions are really not that complicated, yet some people seem to not understand the point of opinions (being that opinions are opinions. They can't be right or wrong.)

Last edited:
Someone definitely had to create the Mega Mewtwos.

The Charizard though... no idea since Charizard itself is not artificial like Mewtwo. With Mewtwo being made artificially and the Mega Stones being around since old ages, I don't think it's possible Mega Mewtwo is a 'natural' thing.

Which would also make sense that it has one physically offensive form and one specially offensive to hammer home the intention for what it was made for.

One of the Mega Charizards could be natural, the other could be artificial. Like, it's a Kanto starter Pokémon, so it's not too big of a stretch (it's still a stretch, but not like saying "Charizard created Mega Evolution")

I've heard theories that the Pokédex entries are written by the player character (read: children), so maybe it's kids hyperbolizing things.
A while back we ended up making an entire game based around this theory:

One of the Mega Charizards could be natural, the other could be artificial. Like, it's a Kanto starter Pokémon, so it's not too big of a stretch (it's still a stretch, but not like saying "Charizard created Mega Evolution")

Well, it could be possible if you mix in some anime lore and remember that the cloning experiment has also been tested on Kanto starters. (Even though those didn't survive). So it's not too far of a stretch that the Charizardium X is the only artificially stone that succeeded in creation.

Great. Now I want a Mega Charizard X and Y with Charizardtwo's birthmarks. As if I didn't already wanted a skin like that for Charizard in-game.

A while back we ended up making an entire game based around this theory:

Thank you for informing me of this.

Then does this mean both of Mewtwo are artificially created? Since it wasn't around ages ago.

Giovanni.

The version of the theory I saw suggested it was Mr. Fuji, Mewtwo's creator, to tie in with him giving Red a Charizardite X in the Origins series. (Dude just happened to have that lying around?)

But of course RR Giovanni does use a Mega Mewtwo, so who knows.

I'm split down the middle. Half my brain is like, "Yeah, that's just preposterous; what were they thinking, writing that?", but then at the same time, it's a fantasy world for kids, and the other half of my brain says that "making sense" is overrated, so why not go balls-to-the-wall and imagine creatures that can do seemingly impossible things? I mean, they can already summon fire and water and other elements at will, and many of them can use all manner of psychic powers, and we take all of that for granted, so any line drawn is going to be arbitrary. :wynaut:
I've heard theories that the Pokédex entries are written by the player character (read: children), so maybe it's kids hyperbolizing things.
I mean, to be fair we do have at least four known instances of Pokedex entries being blatantly fabricated, that being those of the Galar Fossils, though it happens to be an interesting case in that it's not actually the player character who is implied to be the source, but rather Cara Liss, though it is possible that the player character is still the one writing things down and is simply going off of what Cara Liss is telling them, which makes sense since the player character is a child and would likely take what an adult like Cara Liss says at face value.

Still, the fact that the Galar Fossil entries exist does open the high possibility that there are more fabricated/erroneous dex entries besides those ones.

The dex entries in the Alola games are obviously made by Rotom.

I heard a theory somewhere that the Alola dex entries are darker because, rather than a child writing them, it's Rotom (an actual Pokémon) telling the hard truth.

It's a special sun screen created by Maxie.

He makes Pinap Berry Chapstick with, like 70 SPF.

From what I know about the Gen 1 games, Pokémon weren't integrated to the setting as much as they were in adaptations. There's a YouTuber who did videos talking about the Pokémon designs of every generation, and he said that a lot of Gen 1 Pokémon were made to look like typical JRPG enemies, like bats and rats. It made me wonder if Game Freak's original intent was for Pokémon to be the future of a stock JRPG world where people tamed the monsters.
Actually, it's this + references to kaiju.

Maxie wasn't evil, he was just an entrepreneur. =P

Jokes aside, from what I remember, the theory was specifically that Mr. Fuji made Charizidium X in the Origins continuity.

Back
Top Bottom