• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your controversial opinions

I actually never considered Charizard X's Mega Stone being artificial before, but now that someone brought it up, I need answers.

Pokémon Z, now more than ever, I need you.

Maxie wasn't evil, he was just an entrepreneur. =P

He was a boss babe sliding into DMs going "Hey babe! :love::love: Haven't seen you in a while :X3::X3: How are you?? :coffee::coffee::coffee: How would you like to join my team? :wynaut::wynaut: We're trying to expand the land with our essential oils:LOL::LOL:Click the link below to learn more"

He clearly states the stones are from Kalos.

Well... I suppose it's easier than saying "Here, I made this as a prototype when I was conducting unethical genetic experiments to create the most powerful Pokémon; it's based on a transformation discovered in the Kalos region." ;)

I don't think any Mega Stone is artificial. Except maybe the Mewtwo ones.

Mewtwo's kind of has to be artificial since Mewtwo itself is artificial too and it therefore is impossible for the stones to be a natura-

Unless... the Mewtwonites are naturally Mega Stones for Mew that work on Mewtwo!

Oh, so those things we ban all the time were not bots...

Wait you get MLMs in these chats?
I remember getting what I thought was one once on Instagram. It's very surreal looking back on it.
I think some of them might be bots, or real people copying and pasting from a premade message and just filling in information here and there so it feels more personalized.

No, they were bots. Just bots trying to get us to join Team Magma.

Magma Level Marketing

Unless... the Mewtwonites are naturally Mega Stones for Mew that work on Mewtwo!
I came to the same conclusion when people started to talk about the whole thing of mega stones working on artificial pokemon like Mewtwo.

Where's my Mega Mew X and Mega Mew Y? I want buffed Mew.

We are way off topic.

Okay back on track.

I think Hop is a good rival. His story was just so.... relatable? And great?? Like, being in the shadow of his older brother, trying his best to be a good trainer, having an existential crisis, realizing that maybe being a Pokémon trainer isn't his thing and finding happiness elsewhere. "But he's a weak trainer and he tells you about stuff we already know". Maybe that's the point. Maybe it's showing that you're a more experienced, stronger trainer compared to Hop.

I also like Hop. His arc is probably one of the best in the series and I don't see why everyone accuses him of just being a clone of Hau.

Honestly, all three of SwSh's rivals are brilliant. Hop has a great arc and his personality isn't that bad, Bede also has a decent arc and he's so condescending and fun to beat the crap out of, not to mention that unlike previous jerkass rivals he's actually forced to confront the fact that you keep winning against him despite his bragging. And Marnie... actually has probably the weakest arc of the three because once you get to Spikemuth they shift most of the focus onto Piers but she's still great and I like her (and Piers) a lot.

And Marnie... actually has probably the weakest arc of the three because once you get to Spikemuth they shift most of the focus onto Piers but she's still great and I like her (and Piers) a lot.

I read a pretty good article on Marnie some time ago. Really emphasizes the key points that they were trying to get across with her.

I also like Hop. His arc is probably one of the best in the series and I don't see why everyone accuses him of just being a clone of Hau.

Honestly, all three of SwSh's rivals are brilliant. Hop has a great arc and his personality isn't that bad, Bede also has a decent arc and he's so condescending and fun to beat the crap out of, not to mention that unlike previous jerkass rivals he's actually forced to confront the fact that you keep winning against him despite his bragging. And Marnie... actually has probably the weakest arc of the three because once you get to Spikemuth they shift most of the focus onto Piers but she's still great and I like her (and Piers) a lot.

Yeah, the SwSh rivals were really good. Bede is fun to hate and, like you said, I like how he has to confront the fact that you're not a weak trainer, and the way he was rejected by Rose, the one person he could rely on, only to be taken in by Opal and finding his calling in being a Fairy type Gym Leader, was really nice. To me, Marnie gives off the vibe of someone who needs to put up a facade of seriousness and "Gothness" (idk). And I always love healthy sibling dynamics.

And Marnie... actually has probably the weakest arc of the three because once you get to Spikemuth they shift most of the focus onto Piers but she's still great and I like her (and Piers) a lot.
I think some people like Marnie just because of her looks, or at least place more weight on her looks and personality than the influence she has in the story.

The interesting thing about SwSh is that the most important stories there doesn't seem to be you going through the Gym Challenge or Rose probably having some sort of problem where he wants to fix everyone else's problems (wow that's making it seem way deeper than it actually is) are the stories that happen in the background. Hop's story in particular is very important and gets a lot of focus and if this was a TV Show we'd actually get to see that story play out. Wow, I think I just figured out why SwSh's story isn't considered good, it's not made for a Video Game format.

Back
Top Bottom