• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl General Discussion

And it would be hard to promote if all they changed was the graphics.
I 100% agree with you, Riley. Can't sell an old house if all you did was paint the walls. You have to fix any and all issues to make it new. I'm sure any glitches in the originals will be fixed. Some might be missed, but that's natural.

Last edited:
I 100% agree with you, Riley. Can't see an old house if all you did was paint the walls. You have to fix any and all issues to make it new. I'm sure any glitches in the original will be fixed. Some might be missed, but that's natural.
And some obvious flaws will be gone, like HMs, the old Sinnoh Dex, and more. Also, many things will be changed because of the hardware, like the Poketch, the Pal Park, as well as the removal of the Dual Slot mechanic.

And some obvious flaws will be gone, like HMs, the old Sinnoh Dex, and more. Also, many things will be changed because of the hardware, like the Poketch, the Pal Park, as well as the removal of the Dual Slot mechanic.
Yeah, some things will be changed/removed due to the fact we are on the Switch now as opposed to the DS. The Switch only has one screen.

Yeah, some things will be changed/removed due to the fact we are on the Switch now as opposed to the DS. The Switch only has one screen.
Yeah, and the best way I think they can handle the dual slot obtainable Pokemon is to add them to the Regional Dex and make them available normally.

Yeah, that makes sense. ALso, making all the new evolutions be available before the league.
Yeah. I think that the Regional Dex will be Platinum's with the addition of all the Sinnoh Legendaries not in the Platinum dex, all the Regis, all the formerly dual-slot obtainable Pokemon, Sylveon, Mr. Rime, and Ditto because it's needed in order to get Phione.

Remakes have become something the fandom expects. Originally, they were mainly made to fill up holes in the Pokédex, but now, Game Freak is almost obliged to make them in a cycle.
Because Gens 1 and 2 are incompatible with Gens 3 onward.

Remakes have become something the fandom expects. Originally, they were mainly made to fill up holes in the Pokédex, but now, Game Freak is almost obliged to make them in a cycle.

Which is why I think outsourcing the traditional remakes is a smart move. If they just feel obligated to make them, then they could at least do so in a way that doesn't impede their more interesting ideas. I honestly wouldn't mind it if Legends: Arceus was "the" Sinnoh remake and BDSP didn't exist, but because the limited aspiration of BDSP and its handling by a different studio mean that this isn't a mutually-exclusive scenario, then hey, cool, we get both.

Do you think that Greninja and/or Dracovish will be available in and/or transferable to Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl? Why?

I have never seen this much praise for LGPE and SwSh until these games were announced. It's actually kind of funny :LOL:

When the bar gets set even lower, this happens.

I will never "praise" LGP/E. It's just that these remakes are so cheaply made that they make even LGP/E look like a masterpiece.

Please note: The thread is from 8 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom