• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl General Discussion

How are they cheaply made? We only saw one trailer.

From one trailer it is quite easy to determine this. The games have the graphical quality of a 3DS game. The lighting is nothing like in other Switch games like LGP/E. It doesn't even look HD. The texture/color scheme looks very drab and unappealing compared to the originals. The textures and everything just look...unclean. How else can I put it? It's not up to the standards of triple A Nintendo Switch games released for $60, not even in comparison to Nintendo's other 2.5D releases.

What would be an example of a cheaply made game?
Your average shovelware, usually.

Of course, expensive games can suck and cheap games can be well made. Minecraft, for example. Made cheaply but actually pretty good. And Stardew Valley and Undertale had a dev team of one.
Modern glitch-filled games, I consider anything filled to the brim with bugs and glitches to be cheaply made.
Not quite. Cyberpunk 2077 was really, really expensive and it was still full of more bugs than a bee farm.

Graphics don't determine whether a game is good or not. A game can look as beautiful as it wants to, but it would all be negated by bad gameplay.

Gameplay always takes priority over graphics.

Graphics don't determine whether a game is good or not. A game can look as beautiful as it wants to, but it would all be negated by bad gameplay.

Gameplay always takes priority over graphics.

Yes, but because of the complete lack of overhaul in the environments and graphics I see absolutely no reason to spend $60 for this when I can just go back and play the original Diamond on my DS or 3DS. I'll get the gameplay from the originals.

Something can have tons of money poured into it and still look cheap. Same thing but in reverse, something can look amazing and the budget was actually not very big at all. It's all about how you use the resources.

Yeah, that's what I mean when I say it looks cheaply made.

Yeah, i wouldn't have minded the graphics too much if it was a 3DS game. I would still consider them subpar, but it wouldn't bothered me as much. But asking for 60 bucks is way too much.

And Nintendo pricing every major title, regardless if it's new or a remake/remaster, as 60 bucks on the Switch is a terrible practice.

What's wrong with that?
Are you serious? "What's wrong with that"... Masuda and his team really love fans like you, fans who don't ask them for improvements. We are in 2021, not in 2013-2016 anymore. We MUST ask for quality. Pokemon games aren't only about graphics, yeah I get it, but you can't set the standarts that low. Just look at BOTW, Xenoblade, think about what they can do with the Switch.

Wasn't the N-Sane Trilogy 40 bucks at release? The new graphics there look great and that was three games. So whats the excuse to sell this remake for 60 bucks besides being on the Switch? None. This should be 40 bucks at best.

Are you serious? "What's wrong with that"... Masuda and his team really love fans like you, fans who don't ask them for improvements. We are in 2021, not in 2013-2016 anymore. We MUST ask for quality. Pokemon games aren't only about graphics, yeah I get it, but you can't set the standarts that low. Just look at BOTW, Xenoblade, think about what they can do with the Switch.
Oh, I agree that it would be a waste of money to get a remake that is literally just the original game, with a coat of paint and no changes/additions made. Again, we only have the one trailer.

tbf, the original Diamond & Pearl were garbage but they sold for full price too :D

Please note: The thread is from 8 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom