• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Extra Content and Sidequests

Bolt Strike

Bringing the Thunder
Reaction score
So the main gameplay revolves around catching Pokemon to complete the Sinnoh Dex and a storyline involving Arceus. But is that really it? I don't think so. What kinds of side content do you think there will be in this game?

My guess is that the village(s) in this game will have their own traditions that we and our Pokémon can take part in through either standard RPG fetch quests or mini games of some sort. I can't really think of much else we might get, as this type of game is completely new territory for the franchise.

My guess is that the village(s) in this game will have their own traditions that we and our Pokémon can take part in through either standard RPG fetch quests or mini games of some sort. I can't really think of much else we might get, as this type of game is completely new territory for the franchise.

Well I've played a lot of similar games like BotW and Skyrim and there's several things they could do. And actually a lot of these things have precedence in the series anyway.

-There could be a robust sidequest system that involves performing various tasks for rewards or to catch new Pokemon. Think something like Ranger's sidequests.
-Boss Pokemon of some sorts (this is already leaked I believe). Stronger, rarer Pokemon that might be tougher to defeat but could yield higher rewards.
-Cooking/crafting mechanics for creating new items. Think like making curry and the Cram-o-Matic in SwSh.
-Some type of home away from home type of mechanic, something like Secret Bases or the Villa from Platinum. In addition to the usual decorations, this could actually be well... a base. You could fly to it, there could be a bed for healing, you could have various amenities such as fields for planting/harvesting berries or cooking/crafting.

Well I've played a lot of similar games like BotW and Skyrim and there's several things they could do. And actually a lot of these things have precedence in the series anyway.

-There could be a robust sidequest system that involves performing various tasks for rewards or to catch new Pokemon. Think something like Ranger's sidequests.
-Boss Pokemon of some sorts (this is already leaked I believe). Stronger, rarer Pokemon that might be tougher to defeat but could yield higher rewards.
-Cooking/crafting mechanics for creating new items. Think like making curry and the Cram-o-Matic in SwSh.
-Some type of home away from home type of mechanic, something like Secret Bases or the Villa from Platinum. In addition to the usual decorations, this could actually be well... a base. You could fly to it, there could be a bed for healing, you could have various amenities such as fields for planting/harvesting berries or cooking/crafting.
Don't forget the stereotypical repetitive fishing mini-games/side quests that most RPGs are known for. XD

Don't forget the stereotypical repetitive fishing mini-games/side quests that most RPGs are known for. XD

Well I haven't played a lot of RPGs outside of Pokemon, but fishing has long been a staple of the series, so again there's precedence. It wouldn't be surprising at all if fishing showed up in this game in some form.

It would be cool to get Rhyhorn racing in this game. I'd like to have some kind of side activity that focuses on interacting with other NPCs to make the world feel lively. Depending on what Era this actually takes place in, an early Contest/Theater area could be cool or some kind of Sumo game.

It would be cool to get Rhyhorn racing in this game. I'd like to have some kind of side activity that focuses on interacting with other NPCs to make the world feel lively. Depending on what Era this actually takes place in, an early Contest/Theater area could be cool or some kind of Sumo game.

Well Rhyhorn Racing seems to be more of a Kalos thing, so I don't think that'll show up. Some type of Kabuki themed minigame or Sumo game would be interesting though.

As for interacting with other NPCs, what did you have in mind? Considering the desolate nature of the game, I'm not sure we'd see one.

I expect a lot of fetch quests for helping construct things in the Hub Town.

Likely the Professor will want you to go check things out as well which might involve battling a mini-boss here and there.
I hope we get a log book for that so we can keep track of all the quests we get. If I remember, USUM had a bunch of sidequests but it was hard to keep track of everything because they were all similar and there was no log book.

I hope we get a log book for that so we can keep track of all the quests we get. If I remember, USUM had a bunch of sidequests but it was hard to keep track of everything because they were all similar and there was no log book.

Yeah, that's a staple of any sidequest system, we need a list of sidequests that we've actually accepted so we can keep track of them all.

Well Rhyhorn Racing seems to be more of a Kalos thing, so I don't think that'll show up. Some type of Kabuki themed minigame or Sumo game would be interesting though.

As for interacting with other NPCs, what did you have in mind? Considering the desolate nature of the game, I'm not sure we'd see one.

I don't think Rhyhorn Racing is a Kalos thing. At the beginning of XY, you had recently moved to Kalos from Kanto, but your mom is already a famous Rhyhorn Racer so she must have raced Rhyhorn in Kanto. I think its just suppose to be like horse racing. They do that in a lot of places.

I'm hoping its not desolate and that's just the way the initial trailer makes it seem because they wanted to focus on the open world aspect. I think I remember initial trailers for SwSh didn't really show NPCs that much either. Besides, even Botw has multiple villages so surely Legends is going to have a few different villages as well.

One thing that I always felt like pokemon did really well was making it feel like there were tons of things going on in the world around you. The people around you have jobs and lives, but pokemon battling is a large part of everyone's life. If people in this time aren't as active about battling as they are in present day, then I just hope the game fills that cultural gap, if you know what I mean; and shows people doing things that feel meaningful; with or without pokemon. Nearly every Zelda game is really bad about world structure and I expect Legends to be different from Botw in that regard. (Geez; I'm really bad at explaining this)

How is this the case?
Discuss Zelda elsewhere, please.

As for sidequests, I’m hoping for one where you collect the 17 Plates. Maybe go through some trials to get each one and then fight the respective Arceus form each time leading up to the final battle against Normal Arceus.

It would also be really cool if Curse Form Arceus made a return, though I doubt it would.

Last edited:
Discuss Zelda elsewhere, please.

As for sidequests, I’m hoping for one where you collect the 18 Plates. Maybe go through some trials to get each one and then fight the respective Arceus form each time leading up to the final battle against Normal Arceus.

It would also be really cool if Curse Form Arceus made a return, though I doubt it would.
You know, that could be a MAIN quest.

I could actually see the 18 plates being a badge replacement. LOL Even have the boss Pokémon for an area have the plate as a held item that you receive off them when you beat them.

Like a spin off of the trials from Alola, that would eventually influence the creation of the gym challenge.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm not feeling like the Plates will be a sidequest either, that feels like something that would be part of the main gameplay. I think the main quest might involve that and/or the Lake Trio and probably Solaceon Ruins. The Plates being badge equivalents makes a lot of sense too.

Yeah, I'm not feeling like the Plates will be a sidequest either, that feels like something that would be part of the main gameplay. I think the main quest might involve that and/or the Lake Trio and probably Solaceon Ruins. The Plates being badge equivalents makes a lot of sense too.
I have a feeling the Lake trio might be involved. Same with Palkia, Dialga, and Giratine.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom