• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia New Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony Mafia - Endgame - Everyone's Killing Game Closing Ceremony - Town Victory - 03/19/2020

I don't know what to make of the cop thing, but I don't get the logic behind HD's sudden vote changes. For now

he's paranoid that Exlight can control the game now if he's mafia faking cop

Isn't Chevy kind of confirmed as town, though? Considering he claimed neighborizer (essentially) before the roleclaim rule.

what.... he did. why did no one correct me before this.

Unvote: Chevywolf30

Ex's self vote: Sketchy, especially because it was the 3rd at that point but whatever. I dislike Jesters as a role, and honestly I'm totally down for killing them off to stop their chaos. It gives them a win, but the rest of us still have our normal win conditions so it just cuts down on the town having to worry about a potential mafia being a jester. I know this is an unpopular opinion but yeah.

Are you insinuating that Exlight is jester? you say his vote was sketchy but don't really go anywhere with that claim. This seems to me like you feel the need to discuss the exlight situation, but don't want to commit to actually doing so.

Vote: Soulmaster

this doesn't really make any sense. I was referring to not wanting to use the previous games setup to match roles from this game. did you properly read the point I made about the jester comment? there was no contradiction there which you seem to be implying.

more like I didn't read the part where you said 'previous' game in your other post

im inclined to believe the cop claim. if you're scum it's basically suicide at that stage and I don't see why people think ExLight was in that much danger, the earlier the claim comes the more likely it is to come from town because the chances of a counterclaim are very high. what reason is there as scum not to wait a little bit longer to claim cop, hope the actual cop isn't around to counterclaim and survive an extra day?

Are you insinuating that Exlight is jester? you say his vote was sketchy but don't really go anywhere with that claim. This seems to me like you feel the need to discuss the exlight situation, but don't want to commit to actually doing so.
I actually agree with this. The commentary wasn't keeping up with the thread's discussion despite him trying to make look like he had caught up, which is kinda weird. It ignores me suggesting the self-vote plan in an attempt to clear Tenko and my hard claim, which were major points of discussion and makes me wonder if he's trying to scumhunt or just trying to CWAC/sheep some random opinions he saw in-thread without putting much thought into.

This however kinda has two sides because while I think this is a red flag I also feel like it's weird if he was a scum to not have checked the current situation with the rest of the mafia team before jumping in-thread.

UNVOTE: Timaeus.
VOTE: HumanDawn.

he's paranoid that Exlight can control the game now if he's mafia faking cop
Which, in hindsight, really makes no sense because we'd quickly discover whether or not Ex was faking and it's not like there's private communication in this game, so. Unless I'm missing something big here, but I don't think I am.

If this is the case what do you feel about Soulmaster's post?

Personally, I'm more inclined to believe Soulmaster and think that the rule change is solely to get people to quit with the speculations based on the previous iteration of the game.

Aw man!! I thought we had her!!

I'm gonna follow you onto this one. It's kinda interesting how, in lieu of what he said about the Cop being ~not super useful when you think about it~ earlier in the game, it almost makes me want to policy lynch him. I'll think about it.

This is Dangonronpa Mafia, after all, I feel like it's on brand to cause some chaos.

[UNVOTE]: Feenie
[VOTE]: ExLight
do you not believe the claim then? im not really sure what the reasoning is for your vote.

Was waiting on the confusion to die down a bit since it seemed to be a mix of asking about roles from newcomers and people auto-voting ExLight. Going to try reading through everything on day 1 thus far a bit later this afternoon.

"Was waiting on the confusion to die down" ->>>>>> "I didn't want to get involved, so I decided to lay low."

RTwWgkr.png

ExLight claiming cop too early was not a good idea and instead he should have tried to get the votes off him. Seeing the reason on why he claimed I can now understand the part on what he said about the watcher that can always watch him which means mafia will be scared to visit him.

Is ExLight usually this eccentric?

Yes, but when he is Mafia he makes a lot less sense to try to confuse the Town. He seriously expected everyone to self-vote themselves, effectively wasting Day 1 when maybe not everyone would have time to unvote, and when I called him out and he had no rebuttal, he decided to claim Cop.

I'm lazy right now, could you (or anyone else) let me know what the role with miller did? musician thing?

I don't know, I didn't really play it.

I feel like mafia would not have brought up the setup being similar. Feels too dangerous given if/when it comes to claiming (even later on), it'll be easier to weed out the roles that don't fit. Exlight doubling down helps me feel good about him.

That's purely WIFOM - and ExLight could have brought it up so everyone votes themselves like he expected to. If ExLight is Mafia, he would know whether or not the roles are exactly the same from how the roles of the Scum team are, so if they are different, and somebody claims a role that wasn't in the original, then he can use it against them to lynch them because it was not in the original setup.

Vote: Chevywolf30
don't like how he was so insistent on Exlight due to mostly meta and only backed off after Human did/said to.

Kind of sus you are voting a claim that can prove themselves and not Exlight who can not prove themselves! Unless you want to argue that he can just fake neighbourizing on a scum partner and the scum partner can say "yeah Chevy is a neighbour!"

Well this was exciting day.

On the using the last iteration of this game:
I'm also not really paying attention to it. I have this game, and know of no ones metas these days so coming in basically blind. Thank you HD for the quick summary, and with that I will say that I know for a fact it isn't 100% the same. Not saying any more than that atm but it's not a copy.

Now for the ExLight mess (sorry Ex, couldn't think of a better word there)
First things first, Timaeus, why the vote on Ex way early? You did what is seemed as a joke vote very early on. This is normally to be ignored, but it was a second joke vote on a person and that is generally frowned upon. The "nothing personal," yet it seems a little bit at that moment.
Ex's self vote: Sketchy, especially because it was the 3rd at that point but whatever. I dislike Jesters as a role, and honestly I'm totally down for killing them off to stop their chaos. It gives them a win, but the rest of us still have our normal win conditions so it just cuts down on the town having to worry about a potential mafia being a jester. I know this is an unpopular opinion but yeah.

I honestly don't have any idea about what to believe about Ex currently. Seems to be pushing a little much and jumping on things early, but not sure. Also HD seems to be about the same from what I remember, but they stay the same for both alignments so no help there.

Outing that your role is different from the role the character had in the original game = Mafia bait as it makes you a bigger unknown on what your role could be.

Ohh yeah, can ExLight still be a Jester for this? But, would he really claim Cop in the chance it would actually save him? If he gets counterclaimed then he would be lynched for sure though.

Why is your vote still on me by the way?

Is this how your role works ZinnLav? Images only...? I can't really think of who would fit a role like that except for Kokichi Oma - maaaaybe Himiko?

LIKE THIS POST IF YOU CAN POST IMAGES ONLY, ZINNLAV

Yes, but when he is Mafia he makes a lot less sense to try to confuse the Town
Lol, I feel like you got this backwards. My scum game is often described as organized and calculated.
That's purely WIFOM - and ExLight could have brought it up so everyone votes themselves like he expected to. If ExLight is Mafia, he would know whether or not the roles are exactly the same from how the roles of the Scum team are, so if they are different, and somebody claims a role that wasn't in the original, then he can use it against them to lynch them because it was not in the original setup.
What does one thing have to do with the other?
First of all, no, it's not WIFOM because if I were scum and someone counterclaimed that means I'd get lynched on the spot losing 1/3 of my team, and townclearing someone that is pretty untouchable while a Watcher is around; even if the setup is different and scum know this they don't know what to expect from town and wouldn't risk it knowing Watcher is if anything a high chance possibility.
Second of all, no, I wouldn't push a lynch for people with different roles and I already said here that I expect some balance tweaks and even the chance of the alignment of some characters being changed. If anything a claim that wasn't in the original game, if it made sense and upon testing, would give us important information about whether or not we can coordinate stuff from early on, it has nothing to do with me pushing anyone. You're creating an absurd scenario here painting me as the Big Bad Wolf and possibly projecting stuff you would do as scum. So step the shit back with these accusations that are just your imagination will you?

ohh snap i have to help my dad with something brb

You're right in that I want to discuss the Exlight thing without having discussed it earlier. The reason I didn't really touch on it was I was having trouble putting thoughts into words so I mostly glossed over it.
Jester was a thing that someone brought up so I gave my thoughts on that. I don't consider jesters when trying to figure roles out because it causes took many headaches, so I don't know if Ex is trying to or not. And now with the no role claiming, it just messes things up. There's no way to prove anything without lynching, and while I believe that a lynch should happen I'm not positive that Ex is the best choice. Though there's not much of other choices atm.

I feel like there's a very good chance that Ex, if not lynched, will be the target of the NK tonight. I know that now I say that it will be harder to consider this (Schrodinger's Night Kill?) because saying it now means the "if they aren't dead they're maf, but the maf could just not waste a kill and still incriminate the person" so it's just a mess.

Tim's response to my question:
Fair enough, just typically seems off but that's a valid playstyle, just didn't know it was yours.

Ohh yeah, can ExLight still be a Jester for this? But, would he really claim Cop in the chance it would actually save him? If he gets counterclaimed then he would be lynched for sure though.

Lol, so I see I'm going to get lynched and claim to get myself lynched? Sounds like a waste of energy. This logic is completely faulty.

My vote is on you because you keep trying to lynch the Cop by throwing a hundred poor arguments and seeing what sticks. This is scummy as fuck to me.

Outing that your role is different from the role the character had in the original game = Mafia bait as it makes you a bigger unknown on what your role could be.
True, hadn't really thought about that but too late now. Just wanted to end the pointless discussion of it being the exact same because it isn't.

Good question, there's not really a reason anymore.

Unvote: HumanDawn

This is where my mind was going. Townleaning y'all. Who else y'all sussing?

My feelings at the moment (no consistent order tbh):

Town

Chevywolf30
Timaeus
ZinnLav
Soulmaster
Feenie
Space
TheCapsFan

???

Jinjo
Death Meta Apres Midi
Grande Homme
Jeak Peak Passenger

Mafia/Independent (?)

ExLight
Frozen Fennec
Tood
Snowy

---

Obviously too early to tell at the moment, there's probably scum in the Town. There always is in my reads :M

@HumanDawn

can you explain why you decided to revote exlight? you initially unvoted and told any cop to not counterclaim and we should only go after exlight if that cop flips. but now you've revoted because the rule change means the counterclaim won't come?

seriously?
what changed? you were saying the cop shouldn’t counterclaim anyway

The rules changed - Cop can't counterclaim in the lategame and you can't even share results now. Great.

If you have a problem with it, go complain to the host that you can't share your results now. The fact you haven't complained about the change is worrisome and OOC compared to what I know of you outside the game. Hosts can change the rules, but that doesn't mean we have to approve of it.

Back
Top Bottom