• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Super Smash Bros Ultimate

As for Monster Hunter, I imagine people wouldn't be looking too forward to another swordfighter, and I highly doubt they're going to give a MH rep five different weapon movesets like some people seem to think they'd do. Giving them a hammer as their primary weapon would certainly help set them apart from many other fighters, and even dual swords would at least be more different than Sephy and Pythra. But one idea I thought of that might make them interesting is to use the new Palamute wolf creature as a mount the MH rides on and fights that way, or maybe even the Palamute as a standalone fighter could work. I also thought of using a Palico cat itself as a fighter, regardless of the weapon they'd stand out from the rest of the pass as a light and tiny fighter.
Yes please, especially if it's a Felyne that'll make me really happy! Otherwise though any MH rep as a fighter is welcome for me.

I do also agree with wanting Shantae as both you and SandwichSamurai mentioned. For an 8th gen Pokemon Cinderace would be amazing since that's my favorite of the Galarian starters evolutions, though I agree with Chidamari Sketch above that as long as it's not Rillaboom then I'll most likely be satisfied.

For my own personal pick of spirits turned fighters, then it's definitely the Howard twins from Astral Chain. I know I've mentioned it a few times already in this thread, but seeing them as fighters would be so cool with their Legions; especially since it doesn't just have to be the Sword Legion but they can also have the Axe, Beast, Arrow, and Arm Legions as well.

So Sakurai said there's no more fighter passes after this one, but in case he changes his mind or was messing with us, here's what I'd like to see for FP3. Not counting anybody who's currently an Assist Trophy.

1. Shantae
2. Risky Boots
3. Spyro
4. Crash
5. Custom Robo Rep
6. Decidueye
7. Raboot (Figured having a fully evolved fire starter again would be redundant)
8. Second Mega Man character
9. Ratchet and Clank (I know this is slim, but whatever)
10. Geno
11. A pokemon from a previous gen.
12. Mappy
13. Yarn Yoshi
14. Baby Mario
15. Another Street Fighter character
16. Magnus
17. Dixie Kong
18. Cranky Kong
19. Bandana Waddle Dee
20. Dark Meta Knight (not an echo please)

If we have any future Smash games, the following Assist Trophies must be promoted to playable.
1. Shadow
2. Issac
3. Zero
4. Shovel Knight
5. Dillon
6. Ghirahim
7. Krystal

Pyra/Mythra release later today, just found out now since I was busy earlier in the day. Video for those that want to (re)watch it:

And a separate video with just the new Mii Fighter costumes for those that don't want to wait 'til the end of the first vid:

Well double post to say that Pyra/Mythra have been out since an hour ago. Also for anyone who's played Persona 5 Strikers Switch ver. you'll get a Sophia spirit as a gift, likewise if you've played Ghosts 'n Goblins Resurrection an Arthur spirit is also a gift. There is also an exclusive offer for Nintendo Switch Online members that a free Spirits Set 1 is available for a limited time (does not apply for those using a free trial).

Edit: just found out that if you don't have the P5S and GnG games the Sophia/Arthur spirits will be available to everyone at a later date. The Spirit Set 1 DLC are two spirits randomly picked from the game (Legend support/Ace Primary), so this DLC can be skipped freely.

Fighter adjustments for 11.0.0 here.

Also loving the music we got:
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Medley (new remix)
Argentum
A Ship in a Stormy Sea
Exploration
Crossing Swords
Incoming!
Gormott
Tiger! Tiger! (new remix)
Death Match with Torna
Counterattack (new remix)
You Will Recall Our Names
Driver Vs
Mor Ardain -Roaming the Wastes-
Bringer of Chaos! Ultimate
Praetor Amalthus -The Acting God-
Battle!!/Torna
I'm just glad we got Counterattack tbh.

As for Pyra/Mythra, they're really fun to use and surprisingly not that difficult to pick up. Definitely will use Mythra more though, but I can see why Sakurai prefers Pyra cause my goodness she's a good powerhouse and her range is great.

Last edited:
Spirits don't de-confirm characters, a gen VIII Pokemon is still possible but doesn't mean it'll happen either. It's whoever Sakurai/Nintendo want to put in.
Well, if there was going to be one there wouldn't have even been a Spirit Event and instead those Spirits would have been a part of the fighter's Spirit Board.

Well, if there was going to be one there wouldn't have even been a Spirit Event and instead those Spirits would have been a part of the fighter's Spirit Board.
All new spirits from events will appear in the shop and Board regardless after a certain amount of time anyway. Once again it's Sakurai's/Nintendo's choice in who gets in.

Since we're back around to who we like to see get in again, I'm still standing by the Howard twins from Astral Chain, a Tales rep, or a Touken Ranbu rep; even though the last one will never ever happen lol.

Back
Top Bottom