• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Legends: Arceus General Discussion

The Azure Flute Arceus and the GameStop Arceus both were coded to trigger the Arceus event in HGSS, so I'm fairly certain them releasing the GameStop Arceus was simply meant to be an inexpensive alternative to distributing the Azure Flute, although each Arceus started the event independently, so if you hacked the Azure Flute like I did, you got to do the Creation Trio event twice in HGSS.
Well, there's a difference between saying that two events would have been unecessary and saying that they simply forgot about it. Despite everyone's opinion on GF, I don't think that suggesting that they just forgot to release Arceus is something nice to say. :LOL: I think they take their jobs quite seriously even if the results are not always what people want.

You all are thinking way too deeply about the Azure Flute issue. It wasn't a hard event to complete, I'd know because I hacked it into my Sinnoh games with an Action Replay. It's more likely than not that they simply forgot to distribute it and by the time they could've, they had the GameStop Arceus that you just showed up to the store and downloaded it onto your game (because I also did that as a kid around the same time period).
As we said before, it's possible the item was supposed to me more complicated to use than what's accessible through hacks. Like, maybe it was supposed to have required the use of the DS microphone or something.

As we said before, it's possible the item was supposed to me more complicated to use than what's accessible through hacks. Like, maybe it was supposed to have required the use of the DS microphone or something.

I don't find this theory to be very plausible, as there would be some indication in the game's coding if this were true, and since it did end up being way easier to use, you would think they would've distributed it the way it's coded into the game, since that's "easier to use". Their excuse and that theory don't line up at all, I think it's way more likely they simply forgot or didn't have the time/resources to distribute it.

I don't find this theory to be very plausible, as there would be some indication in the game's coding if this were true, and since it did end up being way easier to use, you would think they would've distributed it the way it's coded into the game, since that's "easier to use". Their excuse and that theory don't line up at all, I think it's way more likely they simply forgot or didn't have the time/resources to distribute it.
It could easily be they simply didn't program all of the flute's properties into the game before deciding to cancel it.

I'm still wondering how much of the map will be explorable. In particular, I'm interested in understanding if Dawn/Lucas will be able to climb small rocks and jump ledges or not. We know from leaks that we will able to climb through some pokemon but in the leaked picture we can only see the trainer climbing on a big hill (I mean, I understand we need a pokemon to reach a great height), while I'm interested in the possibility of climbing small rocks like these:

Immagine 1.png
I mean, it would be weird if we had to jump on a pokemon just to climb these rocks. The same can be said with this ledge:

Immagine 2.jpg

Can we go down to the left to reach that tree or not? And if we do, do we need a pokemon? From the leaks we know that an icon will appear when you can ride/climb/fly on a pokemon, so I'm a bit concerned that we will be able to do those actions only in selected places and not anywhere we like.
I really hope we can both climb everywhere and jump ledges because it would mean a 100% explorable map and no more invisible walls and I also really hope we don't need a pokemon for those things because it would be annoying to have to use a pokemon everytime we want to climb on a small rock or jump over a ledge.

We have to accept the possibility that they decided to delete that event because they found it too complicated for people to understand. Aren't they the same people who made the games easier and easier because kid don't have time to spend on pokemon?
And frankly, my point in the first place wasn't even trying to characterize Masuda's statement as incorrect or untrue - that's a secondary possibility that I floated, but my primary contention was that our knowledge of the plans for the Azure Flute may be incomplete, and thus Masuda might have been referring to aspects of it that we can't discern from leftover material discovered in an unauthorized datamine, which could explain why his comments seem out-of-step with so many other things.
It could easily be they simply didn't program all of the flute's properties into the game before deciding to cancel it.
I always thought the Azure Flute being cancelled was related to how convoluted and inconvenient to travel Mt. Coronet and even get to the top of the Spear Pillar was. Having to go through that again just for one Pokémon was probably not worth it in their eyes.

I do think the microphone thing might have also been something Game Freak considered as well, though this was probably a secondary reason to scrap the event in comparison to the fact that it required you to return to the Spear Pillar. In fact, having the Azure Flute require the use of the DS microphone have made the trip to the top of the Spear Pillar even worse in Game Freak's eyes, especially if there's no indication of whether or not a specific type of sound is needed.

Whether we take into account the whole "Mt. Coronet is too confusing to traverse to the top of," a speculative DS microphone feature, or even both, I think we can safely say that Game Freak had a valid reason for canning the Azure Flute event (at least in their eyes) regardless of the possibility of it having incomplete details about the situation. For all we know, both things could have been factors, which in that case Game Freak's decision would be completely justified!

The possibility of the Azure Flute requiring the use of the microphone in anyway makes sense to me. After all, they did introduce Chatot in Gen 4, a pokemon that had Chatter, which was supposed to take advatage of the DS microphone feature.

Does the Switch have a mic?

Y'know I was just thinking about the nature of this game's mysterious Professor and it occurred to me that given Legends has already drawn so much inspiration from the historical expansion of Japan into Hokkaido, it would actually be really cool if the Professor was actually based on Bronisław Piłsudski, the Polish anthropologist who studied the Ainu on the island of Sakhalin (of which Sinnoh's Battle Zone island is loosely based on) at around-ish the same time that Legends is drawing inspiration from. Though I suppose they'd have to change the Professor's motive as the trailer went on about how Sinnoh is a "vast wilderness" so I doubt he'd be there to study people but rather Pokémon instead.

Regardless I would be interested in what the player's exact relationship to the Professor is and whether they're from whatever Region the Player hails from or if they are from somewhere else entirely. :unsure:

But this is just another rambling musing from yours truly. Carry on as you were~ ;)

Masahiro Sakurai said that Ridley was too big for Smash and then Ridley Hit the Big Time in Ultimate. We could be having a situation similar to that, albeit without the Azure Flute hitting the big time.

BW: was an amazing game.
The fans: it's trash because it doesn't have previous Pokémon even though you can still transfer them.
Vanilla SwSh: is had and even cut some Pokémon from its code.
The fans: make it break selling records
The fans can't appreciate good quality so Game Freak gave up
They figured out not bothering with good quality works if you slap Gen I and Charizard

I think it has more to do with appeal towards the games’ target audience, children. If I were a child, say, Elementary school age I would certainly think SwSh looks cooler than BW.

You all are thinking way too deeply about the Azure Flute issue. It wasn't a hard event to complete, I'd know because I hacked it into my Sinnoh games with an Action Replay. It's more likely than not that they simply forgot to distribute it and by the time they could've, they had the GameStop Arceus that you just showed up to the store and downloaded it onto your game (because I also did that as a kid around the same time period).

I think he said he removed it.

BW: was an amazing game.
The fans: it's trash because it doesn't have previous Pokémon even though you can still transfer them.
Vanilla SwSh: is had and even cut some Pokémon from its code.
The fans: make it break selling records
The fans can't appreciate good quality so Game Freak gave up
They figured out not bothering with good quality works if you slap Gen I and Charizard
I’m sorry but how does this have anything to do with the thread ?

Megas I would like to see in both BDSP and LA since they are set in the same region:
Starters
Johto starters
Raichu
Eeveelutions
Dtagonite
Crobat
Milotic
Togekiss
Roserade
Porygon-Z
Rhyperior
Froslass
Weavile
Creation trio
Arceus
The last ones may get Origin Forms that give a stat boost.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom