• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN065: Dragon Battle! Satoshi VS Iris!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ash: Hey, I think I'm actually making some progress in the PWC for once!
Iris: Swiggity swanking coming for your ranking!

I'm curious how they would handle Dracovish if it showed up, is Ash ever going to figure out a way to 'train' him to be able to breath on land, or is there always going to be a convenient body of water nearby?

I'm begging you writers, please do not have the battle be interrupted by Axew getting itself in trouble over apples, please.

DRAGONITE VS DRAGONITE CONFIRMED!!!
IMG_20210405_232353.jpg

IT ONLY TOOK HALF A YEAR BUT WE FINALLY GET TO SEE IRIS AGAIN!!!! all i hope is that this episode handles the old friend reunion thing better than episode 37....... i get goh is a co protag or whatever but man just let ash have a moment with his old friend i loved the unova gangs dynamic and im so ready to see these two have some more good times again :,)

sooooooo if ash and iris are having a battle im not sure who i want to win..... tbh i kinda want iris to win because i wanna see how hard shes been training to become a dragon master and i may be evil for wanting this but i just wanna see ash bonked down again so we can ACTUALLY SEE SOME BATTLES IN THIS CLASS. if ash wins he has a good chance of escaping (or nearly escaping) the great class which is way too fast if this series has about 2 years left. but thats an off topic nitpick for another day im excited to see a battle between ash and iris and to see dragonite again after 20 episodes of not doing anything. maybe dracovish can have its battle debut?? poor thing needs a moment

(side note i wanna add: the magazine scans specifically went out of their way to mention iris wants to be a dragon master with her partner pokemon AXEW so keep your hopes a little low for an evolution)

DRAGONITE VS DRAGONITE CONFIRMED!!!
I can tell this is going to be a fun episode just from these screenshots we've gotten alone. I can only wonder which Dragonite is gonna take the victory here though. :unsure:

side note i wanna add: the magazine scans specifically went out of their way to mention iris wants to be a dragon master with her partner pokemon AXEW so keep your hopes a little low for an evolution
Maybe I'm looking too far into it, but didn't that blurb end in something along the lines of "she set off on her journey with her Axew, but...?"

The way I read it kind of felt like it implied there was something else there i.e. potentially an evolution. (though of course it could always just be that intentionally misleading phrasing that they seem to love so much lol)

Lol except Ash's Dragonite can go 0 to 11 right back. That fervor that took over it during the Lucario battle was exciting to see.
I liked how he still looked angry after winning until Ash ran over and calmed it down (then it glomped him).

Still, how often do we have mirror matches without some way to distinguish them (like a haircut, or one being shiny or having clothes of some sort)? It'd look weird if Ash's doesn't go "angry mode" during the battle. So I suspect Ash might use someone else (maybe Dracovish though I'm not positive "dragon battle" means both will be Dragon-types).

Maybe I'm looking too far into it, but didn't that blurb end in something along the lines of "she set off on her journey with her Axew, but...?"

The way I read it kind of felt like it implied there was something else there i.e. potentially an evolution. (though of course it could always just be that intentionally misleading phrasing that they seem to love so much lol)

i cant read much japanese so im not entirely sure but i was able to pick out those key words like dragon master and kibago (which is axew). but then again about a week ago they started selling some merch with dragonite and haxorous on the front but considering how cute and marketable axew is (was??) im not really expecting an evolution. but journeys loves to prove us wrong and may got a few weird off screen evos so the moral of the story is this episode needs to come out faster and shouldve a long time ago lol

IT ONLY TOOK HALF A YEAR BUT WE FINALLY GET TO SEE IRIS AGAIN!!!! all i hope is that this episode handles the old friend reunion thing better than episode 37....... i get goh is a co protag or whatever but man just let ash have a moment with his old friend i loved the unova gangs dynamic and im so ready to see these two have some more good times again :,)

sooooooo if ash and iris are having a battle im not sure who i want to win..... tbh i kinda want iris to win because i wanna see how hard shes been training to become a dragon master and i may be evil for wanting this but i just wanna see ash bonked down again so we can ACTUALLY SEE SOME BATTLES IN THIS CLASS. if ash wins he has a good chance of escaping (or nearly escaping) the great class which is way too fast if this series has about 2 years left. but thats an off topic nitpick for another day im excited to see a battle between ash and iris and to see dragonite again after 20 episodes of not doing anything. maybe dracovish can have its battle debut?? poor thing needs a moment

(side note i wanna add: the magazine scans specifically went out of their way to mention iris wants to be a dragon master with her partner pokemon AXEW so keep your hopes a little low for an evolution)
It said she went on a journey. Past tense is key here.

I figured that the Iris episode would come out sooner rather than later, but being just one episode off from what the fake episode led fans to believe was pretty surprising. A part of me still hopes that they'll make the battle a two parter, if only so that it won't be rushed or saved for the tail end of an episode, but depending on how it's paced, they can still handle Iris' reunion with Ash, meeting Goh and battling Ash in one episode pretty well. I loved the Alola episode and the only thing I'd really change about it would to make it a two parter, but Iris does have an advantage in that they aren't trying to showcase a large cast of characters into one episode.

I figured that the Iris episode would come out sooner rather than later, but being just one episode off from what the fake episode led fans to believe was pretty surprising. A part of me still hopes that they'll make the battle a two parter, if only so that it won't be rushed or saved for the tail end of an episode, but depending on how it's paced, they can still handle Iris' reunion with Ash, meeting Goh and battling Ash in one episode pretty well. I loved the Alola episode and the only thing I'd really change about it would to make it a two parter, but Iris does have an advantage in that they aren't trying to showcase a large cast of characters into one episode.
I don't mind if the battle is just one episode, but I want the whole Iris reunion part to last longer than 1 episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom