• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN064: The Detested Absol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please don’t be a filler... please don’t be a filler... please don’t be a filler.... please to don’t be a filler.....Please don’t be a filler... please don’t be a filler... please don’t be a filler.... please to don’t be a filler.....Please don’t be a filler... please don’t be a filler... please don’t be a filler.... please to don’t be a filler.....Please don’t be a filler... please don’t be a filler... please don’t be a filler.... please to don’t be a filler.....

Seriously though, this episode gives me filler vibes. I’d like to see Ash with an Absol, but for this point n time I’d like him to get a Galar Pokémon which can evolve at least once, because JN has a distinct trend of withdrawing focus the moment a Pokemon of Ash's is fully evolved.
I don’t mind seeing Gou catch it, but I hope there’s SOME conflict for him.

Please don’t be a filler... please don’t be a filler... please don’t be a filler.... please to don’t be a filler.....Please don’t be a filler... please don’t be a filler... please don’t be a filler.... please to don’t be a filler.....Please don’t be a filler... please don’t be a filler... please don’t be a filler.... please to don’t be a filler.....Please don’t be a filler... please don’t be a filler... please don’t be a filler.... please to don’t be a filler.....

Seriously though, this episode gives me filler vibes. I’d like to see Ash with an Absol, but for this point n time I’d like him to get a Galar Pokémon which can evolve at least once, because JN has a distinct trend of withdrawing focus the moment a Pokemon of Ash's is fully evolved.
I don’t mind seeing Gou catch it, but I hope there’s SOME conflict for him.
I dunno, feels kinda like an episode that’s damned by the way the series works. I highly doubt that they’ll give it to Ash considering the writers are barely interested in Ash expanding his roster, if it goes to Go we end up with the same issue as Cubone whete it’s an entire episode about a Pokémon that is captured and then we maybe see it for a second once in a blue moon in the background and if it’s filler, it becomes easy to just gloss over. How has it come to this?

I just hope that this is not a rehash of that AG episode. Why Absol has to be hated everytime it's in the spotlight?

I know that I should give up, but I'm unable to let go the idea of Satoshi getting it....
Thanks to that intro for giving it a scene.

seeing how journeys has been consistent to a fault with showing off pokedex traits of lots of pokemon as their defining traits and 80% of absols pokedex entries are about it bringing disaster....... expect a rehash of ag107!! ash and goh are gonna go to some randomly picked hoenn settlement, learn that everyone hates a conveniently placed absol except one person who believes in it, and some semblance of plot happens to make the town change its mind. there you go its the episode

imo i dont really understand why people want ash to catch absol...... he barely does anything with the team he has now so what good comes from slapping an extra shillmon on his roster?? i know absol is a pokemon fans wanted ash to have since the dawn of time but so were dragonite, gengar, and lucario. suffice to say i wouldnt put these three pokemon on ANY list of "ashs most enjoyable pokemon" because they never get focus and exist for..... hype i guess??? then again i didnt grow up with the hoenn series so hoping ash gets an absol isnt personal to me lol

Given the seemingly recycled plot, this sounds like a Shoji Yonemura episode. I'm hoping that he (or the writer for this episode if my prediction is incorrect) proves me wrong and writes an entertaining episode, but my hopes aren't high.

Absol could be an interesting capture for Goh, not only would it be one of his few captures that isn't an early route first stage, but it would also be fitting given that the species are described as reluctant battlers by their dex entry.

Having an Absol on the cast could make for some interesting plot lines given its disaster foresight ability (though I don't think that said plot line would be very likely even with an Absol in the cast).

Last edited:
but it would also be fitting given that the species are described as reluctant battlers by their dex entry.
I was just about to finally let go of my childhood fantasy of Satoshi getting one......
And accept/support that Gou will catch it......

But it seems that I've gone deep into it again, due to the Dex Entry.
Having a Pokemon that flat out refuses to battle will be something new for Satoshi.
I mean, Absol will still listen to him in any other escenario besides battling.

And that really makes me want to see it happen, I prefer dealing with dilemmas and issues.

Who’s the person coming back?

I assume it’s too much to ask for Ash to remember his previous encounters with Absol and call bullshit on the “herald of disasters” legend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom