• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Xenoblade Chronicles Mafia - ENDGAME: Town and Survivor Victory!

Well I'm going to claim right away and say that I'm a boring Vanilla... again.
So don't expect me to contribute much to this game, I only joined so there would be enough people and now I can't even have the enjoyment of using a role. Oh well, it happens.
Vote: HumanDawn
Because it'd be funny if he died D1 on the game he's been waiting months for.
There's consistency with your boredom in Danganrnonpa V3 but if you're town I don't see how this claim helps anything, all you're doing is needlessly giving away info.
Not really giving me scum vibes but it's not helpful either.

Vote: Midorikawa

Long time no see.

I guess if there's a character that fits the claim I'll leave it be. Does anyone else here play Xenoblade and back up that this character would fit the role?
I do not play Xenoblade, but I do have Google on my phone and I used it to look up Juju. From what I found, HD's meme pretty much sums up what Juju did, and I would agree that this lack of doing basically anything for most of makes sense for a character to be assigned Vanilla.

There's consistency with your boredom in Danganrnonpa V3 but if you're town I don't see how this claim helps anything, all you're doing is needlessly giving away info.
Probably basically what HD said, and I'd maybe also say that having her claim out when her not planning to put a whole lot of effort into the game makes sense because Town are less likely to waste a Day on lynching her due to the minimal effort she's putting in if we know what her role is. (Though that might've been what HD was implying as well.)

vote: zinnlav

uwu
What are you thoughts on Zinn's claim? You're voting her, but is it just rvs or do you actually think she's scum for some reason? I'd assume rvs, given the fact that the only explanation you provided is an emoji, but I'd still like the answer to the first question.

...And it's 05:00, so I will be back after I've gotten a semi-reasonable amount of sleep.

Hmm, okay. I'm more willing to believe this considering there's a character that fits the role.

UNVOTE: Feenie

If Juju flips then we should be concerned. Only other character I can think of that would fit Vanilla is Otharon who was also a Guest Member in the Colony 6 arc, but even then I expect something more than Vanilla, and he isn't memed on like Juju for being useless - probably for actually being useful in one fight and vision for Shulk's character development in coming to terms with his own power.

Speaking of flavour, if there's an Independent it will probably be Survivor and they would be Alvis for being a neutral party in everything except the Mechon, so if the scum is only People of the Mechonis then I can see him as Town and maybe Vanea could be an Independent for being against the Mechonis, or maybe just Town? Metal Face could be an Independent for having his own agenda as a Serial Killer, but I see him being more likely to be aligned with Mechonis than an Independent.

Long time no see.

I wouldn't say the info is needless when I feel it helps more than not if true.

I want to see Midorikawa too.

she doesn't seem to have been around for like the last 3 months I doubt voting her will do anything

hosts should prolly look for a sub for her just in case

What are you thoughts on Zinn's claim? You're voting her, but is it just rvs or do you actually think she's scum for some reason? I'd assume rvs, given the fact that the only explanation you provided is an emoji, but I'd still like the answer to the first question.
I think it's an easy scum claim and I'd like to see how they react once wagon on them starts growing

Ohh wow, she hasn't even confirmed yet...

UNVOTE: Midorikawa

I thought prog rocker was the only sub requested... :unsure:?

I think it's an easy scum claim and I'd like to see how they react once wagon on them starts growing

VOTE: ExLight

I think it's easy to vote for Vanilla claims.

Roles seem to be based on Talent Arts. I can see how a character who has no Talent Arts would just end up with no role.

Yeah, despite my concern over the claim just a bit earlier, I feel like it'd be a bad idea to lynch Zinn based on being Vanilla. It's probably truthful (though there is a small bit of doubt in me) and it seems weird to want a wagon to build just based off the claim and nothing else.

I think it's easy to vote for Vanilla claims.
says the one placing the second vote on an inactive lol

easier than not voting for vanilla claims and possibly hitting a power role? scum here doesn't vote the vanilla

voting a vanilla claim is optimal because even if we're wrong we don't lose any roles that might help solve the game mechanically

@Timaeus What do you think about Zinn's vanilla claim?
If they are Mafia then that was a very poor move as ExLight explained it is more preferable to sacrifice a suspected Vanilla if we can't be sure of who is Mafia in order to avoid mislynching someone like the Cop.

Even given Zinn's stated apathy, I doubt they would be straight up suicidal and so I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt for now unless any new evidence comes to light.

says the one placing the second vote on an inactive lol

easier than not voting for vanilla claims and possibly hitting a power role? scum here doesn't vote the vanilla

voting a vanilla claim is optimal because even if we're wrong we don't lose any roles that might help solve the game mechanically

But I unvoted?

It's better to take risks in lynching Mafia than lynch players on the basis of having weak power roles. Scum will vote the Vanilla if it means lynching them.

If the Vanilla claim is Town, we lose Town. Game mechanics don't necessarily clear players, and I consider ZinnLav cleared for now based on how fitting her role is to be in the game.

I did not get a reasonable a mount of sleep, but I'm back anyway because sleep doesn't seem to be happening.

Anyway, voting Zinn on the basis solely that she claimed Vanilla- not because the claim is suspect for any particularly reason, seems like a pretty terrible strategy. Sure, the strategy isn't the most risky strategy, but the chances that Zinn's Mafia based on that alone... eh, not so good, and Zinn hasn't really done anything worth scumreading. I'd say it's better to pursue actual scumreads, than to just pick a weak roleclaim and lynch 'em. Honestly trying to build a wagon on that basis of her vanilla-ness and nothing else, particularly this quote:
voting a vanilla claim is optimal because even if we're wrong we don't lose any roles that might help solve the game
feels a bit like Ex is just going after the first easy mislynch he saw, especially with how Zinn isn't too motivated to play and thus might not care enought to defend herself. And Zinn's role seems to make sense with the flavour, so I don't see any real reason to suspect it right now.

Think I'll put my vote on ExLight for now.
Unvote: Timeaus
Vote: ExLight

HD's vote on Mido isn't really bad because he was clearly just trying to pressure her into posting and missed that she hasn't confirmed.

Speaking of flavour, if there's an Independent it will probably be Survivor and they would be Alvis for being a neutral party in everything except the Mechon, so if the scum is only People of the Mechonis then I can see him as Town and maybe Vanea could be an Independent for being against the Mechonis, or maybe just Town? Metal Face could be an Independent for having his own agenda as a Serial Killer, but I see him being more likely to be aligned with Mechonis than an Independent.
What about the Bionis? It's mentioned in the flavour text at the begining to have been locked in an eternal battle with the Mechonis but only a long time ago, and the "all the while" when Caps talks about the Bionis stirring makes it seem like a separate event.

If the Vanilla claim is Town, we lose Town. Game mechanics don't necessarily clear players, and I consider ZinnLav cleared for now based on how fitting her role is to be in the game.
You're trying to flavor solve stuff too early.

Anyway, voting Zinn on the basis solely that she claimed Vanilla- not because the claim is suspect for any particularly reason, seems like a pretty terrible strategy.
I don't follow? A vanilla claim is suspicious because it's something that can be easily be repeated and thus unlikely to be counterclaimed.

If they're something like standard Godfather how do you even plan on proving they're not scum? Even if someone cop checked them (which by itself would be a terrible move)

feels a bit like Ex is just going after the first easy mislynch he saw, especially with how Zinn isn't too motivated to play and thus might not care enought to defend herself
Lol, I just said scum would go after literally anyone else and hope they hit a power role that might compromise them. Mafia going after a vanilla claim mislynch is stupid, and it kinda offends me that you think someone like me would play like this as scum.

As for them not being motivated to play, that sounds like only more reason to do so? If they'll be unmotivated town they can probably be persuaded more easily by scum and will provide less scumhunting.

That, of course, if they really are town.

If they are Mafia then that was a very poor move as ExLight explained it is more preferable to sacrifice a suspected Vanilla if we can't be sure of who is Mafia in order to avoid mislynching someone like the Cop.

Even given Zinn's stated apathy, I doubt they would be straight up suicidal and so I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt for now unless any new evidence comes to light.
I feel I should clarify that I'm talking Day 1 specifically here since the risk of blind lynching a Town is so much higher unless Mafia makes a serious blunder.

What about the Bionis? It's mentioned in the flavour text at the begining to have been locked in an eternal battle with the Mechonis but only a long time ago, and the "all the while" when Caps talks about the Bionis stirring makes it seem like a separate event.

The Bionis is the living country of the People of the Bionis, and I guess it can be Town aligned...? It's complicated to explain for story reasons.

You're trying to flavor solve stuff too early.

Whatever claim comes I will flavor solve it. Sure, I can be wrong, but I can learn of that later as time goes on.

I don't follow? A vanilla claim is suspicious because it's something that can be easily be repeated and thus unlikely to be counterclaimed.

You are right, but they outed it instantly, and you know it matches ZinnLav's meta in Danganronap V3. It's not necessarily suspicious either, it just doesn't help much in clearing you if you take it at face value.

If they're something like standard Godfather how do you even plan on proving they're not scum? Even if someone cop checked them (which by itself would be a terrible move)

As the game goes on by what they do post-wise? You even liked DawningWinds' post which mentioned Tracking.

Lol, I just said scum would go after literally anyone else and hope they hit a power role that might compromise them. Mafia going after a vanilla claim mislynch is stupid, and it kinda offends me that you think someone like me would play like this as scum.

If scum goes after anyone else and they hit the power role, they risk going for a higher amount of scrutiny than lynching a Vanilla claim which would just be "Oh they were just Vanilla! We could have never been able to tell!".

As for them not being motivated to play, that sounds like only more reason to do so? If they'll be unmotivated town they can probably be persuaded more easily by scum and will provide less scumhunting.

That, of course, if they really are town.
[/QUOTE]

Uhh, what? I don't see how them not being motivated would mean they are more easily persuaded as scum? Even if they can provide less scumhunting than anyone else, they can still be Town.

We know their claim while we know of no one else's. That's more than everyone else.

As the game goes on by what they do post-wise? You even liked DawningWinds' post which mentioned Tracking.
Lol, I didn't even notice I liked it.
It was either accidental or when I was half asleep.

Tracking is a fine play if we assume it's not a stationary scum. Which I guess is inevitable in late game if they're the last scum remaining? That requires tracker surviving until then though.

Uhh, what? I don't see how them not being motivated would mean they are more easily persuaded as scum?
Not "as scum", "by scum".

Non-motivated people usually aren't caught up with the thread and just jump in wagons they're told to. I'm sure you can see the danger in this during a -Lo.

Non-motivated people usually aren't caught up with the thread and just jump in wagons they're told to. I'm sure you can see the danger in this during a -Lo.

I don't expect that out of ZinnLav.

UNVOTE: ExLight
VOTE: Tood

lets lynch this slot tho :enzap:

Okay so I did some research on the characters mentioned here. Alvis doesn't really seem like a survivor from what I read, it seemed like he was doing a lot of things to help Shulk more than anything else, so if he's a third-party, I think I'd expect him to be something other than survivor- maybe like an unlyncher? Vanea could sort of makes sense as town or independent, sort of, though I'm not really sure what independent she'd be. Metal Face I'd say probably just Mafia.
The Bionis is the living country of the People of the Bionis, and I guess it can be Town aligned...? It's complicated to explain for story reasons
Yeah, okay, I suppose assuming the living country is aligned with its people makes enough sense.

I don't think a Vanilla claim should ever be considered clear just on the basis of the claim, but while Zinn only has one post so far, there's nothing particularly suspicious about the it and her role makes sense, considering Juju does seem like an obvious Vanilla. Zinn will continue to make posts through the game that we can read, and obviously I mentioned Tracker earlier, even if it's not guaranteed, along with logic of balance as more claims and flips happened.

I must've missed that, sorry. I do sort of see you're point about going after vanilla being a poor decision for Mafia on the grounds of power roles, but at the same time, any mislynch gets them closer to victory, and there weren't a whole lot of other things for you to jump on at the time, and now that you're getting called for it, backing off would look a bit backtracky.

The point about being more easily persuaded by scum does make sense though. Though a town player without motivation to play is probably good for just about any scum strategy.

VOTE: Tood

lets lynch this slot tho :enzap:
Any particular reason for Tood, or just picking a slot that hasn't posted yet?

Back
Top Bottom