• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN063: Challenge! Pokémon Marine Athletics!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, now I'm positively torn. On one hand, if Dracovish really doesn't get anything here it'll be a major bummer considering how it has yet to do anything and hasn't even appeared outside of one single cameo since its capture. On the other hand, it's been a while since we had a Chloe-centered episode. Plus it looks like they're doing something with Eevee and her whole inability to evolve if the main Pokemon of the episode being a Vaporeon is any indication. I think (or rather, hope, because it's still way too early to tell) that this is the beginning of a little mini arc for Eevee where she gets to meet each of her evolved forms individually and gets development from spending time with them and watching them do what they excel at.

Best case scenario, both Eevee and Dracovish get to share this focus episode, but I'm not holding my breath on that.

Last edited:
It still has time to develop, potentially even here alongside the Chloe focus.
i'll believe it when i see it, meanwhile it's gonna be 15 episodes (assuming it appears and battles in the Iris episode) till it gets focus from capture

that's pathetic handling of the character. you can't deny it. a couple of scenes with it enjoying won't be fulfiling enough

I swear, all it takes is Chloe for me to get excited about an episode I was "meh" on initially :LOL:

I'm also here for some Vaporeon focus! I know the eeveeloutions get a decent amount of focus, but I do love them, and I have to wonder if maybe we might discover a little more about why Chloe's Eevee can't seem to evolve herself.

Is there any reason Dracovish’s 1st and 2nd appearance had to be so far apart? They may as well have moved the Galar fossil episode up to episode 60 and all they’d have to do is not put Goh’s Boldore in the background of previous episodes... I just hate how disconnected all the episodes are in journeys!

As someone very neutral on Eevee I'm certainly not looking forward to every eeveelution obtaining its own episode throughout the series, but I guess that explains that scene from the opening. And lots of Eevee fans will turn into the series just for that lol.

I don't see why people are upset about Dracovish when (on a negative note) it receiving focus was never promised and (on a positive note) an obstacle course needs more than one Pokemon to work and it seems like the best fit for the race (excluding Dragonite).

I don't see why people are upset about Dracovish when (on a negative note) it receiving focus was never promised
Oh, sure, technically it was never outright stated that Dracovish would be receiving focus, but you can't exactly fault people for assuming or wanting it to get focus, since Dracovish is owned by a main character. And not just any main character, but Ash Ketchum himself. Of course most people are going to assume that Dracovish would end up doing something important: even Ash's most underused captures have gotten at least one shining moment and/or focus episode, so why should Dracovish suddenly be Ash's answer to Togepi/Sandy? Especially because Dracovish is the only Gen 8 Pokemon Ash currently has besides Sirfetch'd, so its lack of focus is going to come across as perplexing to most. Gen 8 as a whole is already perceived to be underutilized and underrepresented as is, and Darcovish being out of focus only contributes to that sentiment.

Summary is out

It's an obstacle course race in the sea! Superstars Showers and Kairi do great in the Pokémon Water Obstacle Course. Let's join Koharu, who brings her Eievui that really admires Showers along, and discover all new possibilities!!

Summary:
Satoshi and Go are watching the "Pokémon Water Obstacle Course", an obstacle course race for Pokémon that takes place in the sea, live on TV. It turns out that Kairi, the partner of the Showers that did great in the race, is a friend of Sakuragi Laboratories aide Kikuna. Koharu saw how fascinated Eievui was with Showers, so she decides to visit Kairi together with Satoshi and Go so it can meet this Showers it admires so much!!

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Daiki Yamashita: Go
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Kana Hanazawa: Koharu
Yuichi Nakamura: Professor Sakuragi

This is giving me some extreme Deja Vu of the Sobble and Inteleon episode.

Imo I think this plot line would've worked better with Lana's Eevee rather than Chloe's.

But then again they might just have Chloe's Eevee admire ALL of her Evolutions later throughout Journeys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom