• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN066: Flabebe's White Flower

Status
Not open for further replies.

duringpampers

Reaction score
Episode Title in Japanese: フラベベの白い花
Air Date: May 14, 2021
フラベベの白い花.png

They did say the white flower variation is the rarest one. I’m assuming something about it’s rarity will be the focal point. It could either be really boring or interesting depending on which way they go with it.

If I had to guess, I think this might be a temporary title for now. We could get a full one later on once we have more details.

Still interesting to see more of Gou's Pokémon getting focus on their own nowadays, assuming this is about the one he caught. :unsure:

so this is likely an episode focusing on some random goh mon we havent seen since episode 25......... why exactly?? i mean, cool i guess that some random pokemon goh owns is (presumably) getting some focus(????) which is a big complaint about him but at the same time the fact that the writers are doing THIS instead of focusing on ashs goal that desperately needs to leave offscreen land........ it baffles me (i know the iris episode will have been "last week" when the episode airs which is wcs focused but ash needs to do SOMETHING in goh episodes rather than be his cheerleader and eat and forget electric attacks dont affect ground types you cant blame me for being a lil greedy). and uuuuh screw gengar i guess FLABEBE NEEDS CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT MORE THAN ANYONE ELSE OBVIOUSLY

whatever, this doesnt really look interesting yet and im very very tired of random fillers in a series that doesnt need them

Don’t people usually get angry when then opposite occurs, though?

i think that the opinions/reactions on goh in ash episodes is pretty subjective to each person because its totally understandable that people want the new kid on the block to get development while some people want him to back off for a second...... personally im probably in the masses that will say that goh tends to step on ashs toes a bit too much nowadays especially when ash focused episodes are less and less common but again some people dont have problems with it and thats fine!! once again its fiction and fiction is always subjective

the main issue with the "ash vs goh" focus episode thing im getting at is that while goh tends to be pretty active in ash episodes (like catching pokemon, and the alola episode where he battled kiawe instead of ash battling his old friend), ash doesnt do much of value in gohs episodes and just feels like a background prop which is....... really weird as theyre marketed as double protagonists. as of now ash feels like the second fiddle while goh is the true protagonist, and people who like goh probably dont have issues with their boy getting focus, but at that point are ash and goh REALLY double protagonists when one of them is being prioritized not only in his own episodes, but his friends as well?? im not saying that ash has to crash gohs party and goh be whisked off to Off-Screen Land(tm) but ash needs to do more than react to whats going on and actually be a part of the episode

Hmmmm...on one hand, I likes me some Flabebe...but the other other this already reeks of standard issue filler
(though I hope I'm wrong)

Also kind of bummed Iris didn't get a 2-part guest stint. I mean, it was a little unlikely anyway, but getting confirmation still don't feel good...

Ah yes, finally a focus episode on one of Goh’s Flabébé, how have we lived so long without it?

Gengar? Who?
Yep, and episode focused on a Pokémon that was caught off-screen and we only saw it actually got captured 6 eps later. Cuz god forbid we get an ep about Ash and his Pokémon.

I already have an low patience level with filler episodes, and considering this smells suspiciously like one,,, man I'm so tired.

Yep, and episode focused on a Pokémon that was caught off-screen and we only saw it actually got captured 6 eps later. Cuz god forbid we get an ep about Ash and his Pokémon.

I already have an low patience level with filler episodes, and considering this smells suspiciously like one,,, man I'm so tired.
I noticed that most of Ash's Pokemon hardly even appear in any Goh episode. Like, only Pikachu ends up appearing in many Goh episodes, with him never really bringing out Dragonite, Gengar, Lucario, Sirfetch'd, and Dracovish out and part of that problem is that they never give Ash anything to do in a Goh focused episode.

I don't think this might be completely filler also, but, yeah if its focused on a Goh Pokemon we never see, I can't say its gonna be that interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom