• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

QoL Improvements

Considering ORAS had HMs, there's a possibility they'll be back.

Unless, by having QoL from newer entries they do mean going away for good.
Well, ORAS was made before SM where HMs were removed. As I mentioned earlier, I don't think that HMs will return unless these games are extremely faithful to the originals, which I doubt.

Considering ORAS had HMs, there's a possibility they'll be back.

Unless, by having QoL from newer entries they do mean going away for good.

ORAS was before HMs were removed (SM was when they did away with them). They didn't have them in LGPE, nor any game since SM. They're probably gone and replaced with something along the lines of Poke Ride or Secret Techniques.

Anyway, here's what I think they might do:

-Autosave
-Running shoes from the start
-Type matchups displayed for each move in battle
-EXP Share always on (*groans*)
-PC Box anywhere
-Name Rater and Move Relearner in every Pokemon Center
-TM/TR system from SwSh
-HMs replaced with Poke Ride/Secret Techniques
-Honey Trees work more like Headbutt/Berry Trees
-Location based evolutions can now evolve with a stone (but the original location based methods are also retained as an option)
-Rotom Catalogue available to change Rotom forms
-Great Marsh works like ORAS Safari Zone
-Fog replaced with Misty Terrain
-Strength boulders are BW/XY/SM style, you push them into a hole and they stay there permanently instead of needing to push them each time you return.
-Feebas now a rare encounter like ORAS instead of tile based, or tiles are visible in the overworld
-Mamoswine rideable on Rt. 217 for faster travel
-Pokeradar works like DexNav
-Regirock, Regice, and Registeel (and maybe Regieleki and Regidrago?) are available in game without an event so you can catch Regigigas without needing to transfer from SwSh/Home
-Hyper Training
-Nature Mints

Last edited:
One thing I don't want to see is the map design to get too simplified. Sinnoh had a lot of good areas with Strength boulders, bike ramps, Rock Climb ledges, and other such overworld puzzles and mazes and I don't want to see them throw all of those out the window, that's part of what made Sinnoh so fun to explore. Like, I'd be okay with them simplifying one or two in the main drags if they reeeaaaallly have to, but I don't want the whole region's design to feel like baby's first Pokemon game.

-Hopefully they fix the infamous troll trade in Snowpoint - that was just a really nasty trick
-Feebas is slightly harder to find than it was in OR/AS, but still a lot easier than it was in the originals
-On a related note, the Poffins are easier to make this time
-Munchlax still appearing only on special trees, but has a much higher chance to appear
-Pokemon with Hidden Abilities (like Ponyta) can be found in the wild

I played Pearl and Platinum for a combined 1000 hours and i have no recollection on who Mindy is. Let me do some research.

Trades for a Haunter that is holding an Everstone.

tenor.gif

I'm not particular amused by this recent discovery.

Mindy....I just wanna point out now that she's being mentioned that there is an entire subreddit dedicated to hating Mindy and her horrible trade.
No surprise, really; Mindy is by far Pokémons most effective villain, and one of the most successful villains in all of fiction.

After all, many, many villains threaten the character. You don't hate that Goomba for bumping into you, and you don't hate that evil genius for tying Bond to a rocket and trying to shoot him into space; that's just the cost of doing business, after all, and there's no thrill with no illusion of danger.

Some villains challenge the player or viewer. They make you reconsider yourself, how you act, who you are. Can you really hate this person? After all, in many ways they're trying to just make you grow as a person. If anything they're a mentor in disguise.

Some villains offend moral sensibility but hey--at least they're not doing it to real people.

Mindy? She is an attack on the player, and not even in a teaching way. You get screwed and there is no revenge. You can't force her to return your Medicham, you don't track her down to a cave and defeat her in battle for cathartic release. Even if you reload the game after the trick you still spent time and effort on that Medicham and the disappointment of not getting a Gengar lingers.

Worse, it's no world-ending supervillain scheme, but the sort of petty scam and injustice that many of us are subjected to at some point in real life, suddenly intruding on our escapist fantasy monster raising game.

Mindy wins.
You lose.
There is nothing you can do about it, ever. No revenge, no justice.
She gets the last laugh.

HM's in ORAS weren't as bad as they would be in Sinnoh remakes, since aside from Surf, the only 2 truly Mandatory HM's were Dive and Rock Smash. Both Surf and Dive aren't bad as HM's perse, due to them being kinda powerful moves and early on, Rock Smash isn't that bad either, because it has a 50% chance of lowering the targets defense by stat by one stage, whilst actually inflicting damage (Unlike moves as Screech for example). I feel like depending on the situation, Rock Smash is actually more useful than Brick Break.

You were lucky you discovered Mindy via this thread...
To be fair, the last time i did any ingame trade with a NPC was in Gen 2 for the Machop (mainly because of Whitney's Miltank). I have not done an ingame trade after that.

Guess i dodged a bullet here, but that trade is still a major dick move.

I don’t even do in-game trades lol

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom