• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Non-Mafia Codenames II: Pokemon Edition

Celadon City was correct, that was the final submission needed for Red Team, so they are the winners! Congratulations @DawningWinds @Zorchic and @Lone_Garurumon! Thanks for playing. Regardless of the result, @Pika_pika42 @Tood thankyou for joining and playing too!

Here is the final board, civilians and assassin included:
1618832296328.png

Now I thought i'd take this time to see if you guys wanted to end the game here, or do another round? I did initially state three rounds, but due to the nature of each round taking a little while we can change this. I am okay with either option, as I think ending it on a successful game is nice, but i'm also not against hosting another round (dependant on if you guys want to) whilst there's no games in the non mafia queue. Otherwise I can get round to ending this one, and adding another game in the future. Completely up to you guys :)

Back to the game, the rule I missed is that in the OP I state if you get all correct answers you get another bonus go per se, although now due to how easily you guys got a lot of the words, i'm actually kinda glad we didn't use that rule. Another thing that came up was the use of a Pokemon name as a hint, Pika_pika42 did actually ask, and I did say yes so regardless I think fair play to them for asking first, I just didn't realise the effect it would have and how easy you guys would break down the game using these words.

I understand with it being a simple game, that it might not have been the most fun, which I would completely understand. But I would like to thank you all once again!

Nice job guys! The two of you did great! Tood and Pika, too! You guys got pretty close and I really wasn't sure which way things were gonna go near the end there.

Personally I'd be happy to have another round if others are up for it. It was a fun time so I'd be happy to go again. Maybe shuffle the teams around, maybe see if we can get a 6th player so one team isn't a man down. But yeah I wouldn't object to a second game.

:lapras:

I don't think I would have got what Pika meant by electric :cry:

It's a fun game, so I'm also alright with a second round!

Congrats LG, Dawning and Zorchic. Y'all played really well.
GG Tood.

I don't think I would have got what Pika meant by electric :cry:
I was thinking Lt. Surge, Squirtle and Eevee. Sorry I couldn't think of anything else.

It's a fun game but I don't know much Pokemon trivia, so I had a hard time giving the clue words. I would like to try another round though.

Actually I was ready to join this game but I prevented myself because of exams, exams got postponed and...
Leave it
@Calvinッ
If there's a vacant position I'm ready to conquer acquire it.

Thank you :)
Of course, thanks for joining! Seems fairly unanimous that another round should be on the cards, I'll get to making another board, mix up the teams and have the next round starting tomorrow. Glad you guys all enjoyed the game :)

Sorry for the late post. I enjoyed the game, well played by everyone! (y)

Unfortunately, things have happened to me irl recently that aren't the best (I'd rather leave it at that), and as such, I will have to step out of the next round @Calvinッ. Sorry for leaving, I just don't feel like I have the time to play, currently. I might be able to join in the round after the next one, though, if there will be a third round. Thanks!

Sorry for the late post. I enjoyed the game, well played by everyone! (y)

Unfortunately, things have happened to me irl recently that aren't the best (I'd rather leave it at that), and as such, I will have to step out of the next round @Calvinッ. Sorry for leaving, I just don't feel like I have the time to play, currently. I might be able to join in the round after the next one, though, if there will be a third round. Thanks!
No worries, no need to apologise. Thanks for joining and I hope whatever happens IRL gets better!

Blue Team:
@Lone_Garurumon
@Tood (Spymaster)

Red Team
@dawn dusk (Spymaster)
@Pika_pika42
@DawningWinds

PM being sent out to the Spymasters, Blue team will go first! Feel free to tag your team mates, and myself if you are guessing.

1619275281076.png

To add a rule, you may not use species names, or Pokemon types.

Last edited:
BUGSYJOHTOKANTOMAGBYHOENN
FALKNERCYNDAQUILPROFESSOR ELMUNOVACHIKORITA
TOTODILEWHITNEYORREJASMINEALOLA
GALARUMBREONALMIASINNOHCHUCK
MORTYESPEONTOGEPICLAIREKALOS

All three were correct, it is now @dawn dusk's turn to give a clue to Red team!

Yeah, the female gym leaders makes sense. I'd say of the female gym leaders, I'd probably guess them in about the confidence order of Claire > Whitney > Jasmine.

Chikorita's an interesting point, but I don't think Casey was a super major character ever, so I wouldn't be incredibly confident in that- I'm not opposed to trying it, but we should probably list something with a clearer connection to the hint first to get a better shot at getting at least one card, probably one of the gym leaders.

Maybe also Galar, since everything is super-sports based there?

(Just as an FYI, Claire is indeed the Gym Leader as you guys think, I just spelt it wrong but it will be fixed for the next round.) dawn dusk thought it may have been a character of the day character from the anime.

Back
Top Bottom