• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Project Mew

Since they’re in the Crown Tundra, I wonder if Ash or Goh will Gigantamax Pikachu or Cinderace at some point.
I feel like the whole thing with Gigatamax Pikachu was discarded. It was probably only a one-off thing that foreshadowed the Darkest Day arc. I mean, Meowth managed to Gigantamax as well, and that just felt like it was solely because marketing that both Pikachu and Meowth did so.

It’s Thunder Punch

Its Mach Punch. Infernapes hand isn't yellow (Which is how the elemental punches are portrayed)

Another funny observation
Charizard vs Articuno
Torkoal vs Registeel
Talonflame vs Moltres and Zapdos
Infernape vs Moltres

Quilava out there being jealous as the only fire type not having fought a legendary (Incineroar doesn't count, since Quilava doesn't know Incineroar yet).

Edit: Oh no... just remembered Pignite is a thing.

Its Mach Punch. Infernapes hand isn't yellow (Which is how the elemental punches are portrayed)
I think they were talking about the Dragonite vs Dragonite clash not the Infernape vs Moltress battle. Someone thought a Dragonite was using mach punch.

I feel like the whole thing with Gigatamax Pikachu was discarded. It was probably only a one-off thing that foreshadowed the Darkest Day arc. I mean, Meowth managed to Gigantamax as well, and that just felt like it was solely because marketing that both Pikachu and Meowth did so.

Leon is going to Gigantamax his Charizard during his eventual battle with Ash so I doubt it was discarded, there just aren’t as many opportunities for Ash to Gigantamax Pikachu, considering they only go to Galar sometimes, and even then they aren’t always in places where they can Gigantamax like the Wild Area or Stadiums.

I feel like a G-Max Pikachu vs. G-Max Meowth battle is too tempting of an idea for the writers and will happen eventually now that Team Rocket knows that Meowth is capable of Gigantamaxing. Giovanni knew of and was interested in Eternatus, so he probably has some agents in Galar or something and could get his hands on a Dynamax Band for the TRio, especially since he trusts them enough with something he considers an important secret weapon (The Gacha Machine).

Gigantamax Cinderace will have to be shown off in the anime eventually, and Goh has a Dynamax Band, so it’ll probably happen sooner or later, regardless.

That was a really cool trailer. Getting to see some of Ash's older Pokemon and having Infernape battle against Moltres was pretty cool. While getting to see his reserves is pretty neat, I still have my doubts that he'll be using them for the PWC. I'm not even sure if that would be a good idea considering Ash's current team doesn't really have a lot of screentime and development, so how much they can do with his reserves seem a bit questionable to me. I think I'd be more into the idea if there were more than a small handful of Galar Pokemon within the main cast. Relying even more on older Pokemon, even with some Pokemon that I'd want to see again like Infernape and Quilava, when Galar Pokemon are still barely shown in the series just doesn't make me that excited. If there was a better balance between the older and newer Pokemon within Journeys, then that would probably be different.

It's pretty cool to finally see a clip of Gary outside of the opening. I wasn't expecting his return to be related to Moltres. I thought it would be based on another fossil episode. Project Mew could be an interesting form of conflict for Goh too. They're hunting after Mew, but their personalities could clash with Goh's. I like that they're seeming in the Crown Tundra too, but with one of the trainers having an Urisfu, I guess that they aren't going to the Isle of Armor. Granted, it might have been kind of late for that anyway and I don't think most fans wanted Ash or Goh to get a Kubfu, but if that is the case, that's is a bit disappointing for me. I just really wish that Galar would get more attention in this series.

I still liked the trailer and it does create a good sense of hype for the upcoming episodes.

I think they were talking about the Dragonite vs Dragonite clash not the Infernape vs Moltress battle. Someone thought a Dragonite was using mach punch.

Ah right. Even so, Mach Punch is impossible, since Dragonite can't learn it.

It also seems Ash doesn't even take his new Pokemon with him to the lab.

That was a really cool trailer. Getting to see some of Ash's older Pokemon and having Infernape battle against Moltres was pretty cool. While getting to see his reserves is pretty neat, I still have my doubts that he'll be using them for the PWC. I'm not even sure if that would be a good idea considering Ash's current team doesn't really have a lot of screentime and development, so how much they can do with his reserves seem a bit questionable to me.

Maybe they’re just reintroducing them so they can be used for the Masters 8 Tournament at the end of the series? Though, I could see Infernape and some of Ash’s other Sinnoh Pokémon come back again around the time BDSP comes out.

What are they planning for the reserves...

1. Maybe the staff has deemed Satoshi's current team a failure and are turning to them to fix that.
  2. Nostalgia, fanservice.
Said that. I prefer the reserves, at least they felt like a real team in their generations.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom